Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any good dealers in southeast FL (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14109)

Miamimatt 02-23-2009 08:59 AM

Any good dealers in southeast FL

Im new to posting but ive been visiting a while. I know there is a thread about dealers but i have only hear Kendall chevy sucks. I personally visited lou barochdt in pompano beach and they wanted 4000 non refundable. Anyone in miami or fort lauderdale area know of a good dealer(even west palm beach) ?

Supermans 02-23-2009 09:17 AM

Kendall Chevrolet is the same here in South Florida with the high over msrp and they don't accept any discounts as well.. What I recommend is talking to CamaroScotty as he may know someone who can order one for you that will do it no more than msrp with a refundable deposit of no more than $500 and accept all discounts in writing. I think the south Florida dealers just want them sitting in the showrooms not selling with a huge markup so they can sell more Corvette's as they will suddenly look affordable if they price the Camaro as high as the base Vette MSRP. However I really don't know why Kendall Chevrolet would drive away a customer like me who has bought three cars from them before and after promising me $500 under msrp for many months and then did a bait and switch on me..I wish I did a recording of the whole thing with a hidden camera as it was such a waste of my time and they lost a returning customer forever. I wouldn't go back there if they were giving those cars away..

ssdavidw 02-23-2009 09:24 AM

I bought my 2002 Avalanche from Maroone in Green Acres, FL. I would have recommended them back then, but that was over 7 years ago and I don't have any recent experience with them.

Supermans 02-23-2009 09:37 AM

Maroone had a markup as well when I talked to them over the phone. However who knows if they changed their stance at this time..

toehead93 02-24-2009 08:44 AM

None in South Florida. There a two dealers in Florida where you can buy a Camaro for MSRP that I know of. One in Jax and one in Tampa; I ordered mine through Ferman Cheverlot in Tampa. They have an alotment of 27 Camaros compared to our local dealers which are 6-8. Driving to Tampa is 3-hours and well worth the thousands of dollars I'm saving. Plus I get to hit Bush Gardens while I'm there. Call them up and ask for Harold Watson (yes, I get a little referral fee so please mention me ;) )

I also had the bait and switch at Roger Dean in WPB. I went in Oct. 13th to place my order at MSRP, later that day they called and refunded me my deposit because the general manager changed his mind and wanted 6k over MSRP.

Miamimatt 02-24-2009 12:16 PM

Thanks i am willing to drive to orlando tampa etc to save the money and i was at busch gardens this weekend id gladly go back especially to get my cat. i think ill check ferman out thanks. when i call who should i say refered me? want you to get your fee!

fldrummer 03-08-2009 11:26 PM

You guys obviously didn't look hard enough. I got MSRP at Maroone of Pembroke Pines and I'm #6 of 24 (I ordered in November). Unfortunately, all of their initial allocations are spoken for. But, you never know, someone else might cancel (I was originally #7, but the sales mgr. informed me last week that the person at #6 cancelled, so I moved up a spot). Give them a call and ask for Otto Crump. Tell him I sent you. -John.

P.S. You could also try Arcadia Chevrolet (East of Ft. Myers). They were willing to give me MSRP also, but then I found Maroone.