Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Dealer Info..... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4983)

KarlChev 07-09-2008 09:25 AM

Some Dealer Info.....

I work for on of the top 10 Chev dealerships in the Nation, and will try to post any info that I receive from our end.

As a salesman, I am very excited about the new Camaro. As a previous owner of a 68 Camaro, I am EXTREMELY excited about the release.

We already have 75 deposits of $1000 for the right to order/buy a new camaro when they are released. They will be sold at sticker for V6 and V8 models and if there is a Z28, with limited production, it will probably sell for $5k over sticker. (We have already sold 15 ZR1's at $20k over sticker)

Here is an email that I received today, nothing earth shattering, but will pass it on anyway.........

If any of your prospects inquire about the Camaro here is the latest information I have from GM. Allocation quantities will be released in late September. The first Consensus is slated for December and the first Dealer Order Submission is currently scheduled for January of next year. This is a preliminary time line and could be subject to change.

B2E2RUN 07-09-2008 09:37 AM

Where is Scott?? I doubt he will be pleased to hear about all the deposits being collected...

KarlChev 07-09-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B2E2RUN (Post 86718)
Where is Scott?? I doubt he will be pleased to hear about all the deposits being collected...

Why wouldn't you want a list of customers with a deposit? If we waited until the truck shows up, it would be a madhouse. I would imagine for the 1st few months that we will not have any Camaro on our lot that are not sold.

I sold 7 Malibu's last month before they ever reached our dealership. I took deposits on all of them and the customer was guaranteed the right to purchase the vehicle after driving it.

All deposits are refundable. We have never taken money from a customer who didn't purchase a vehicle.

The_Stache 07-09-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 86724)
Why wouldn't you want a list of customers with a deposit? If we waited until the truck shows up, it would be a madhouse. I would imagine for the 1st few months that we will not have any Camaro on our lot that are not sold.

I sold 7 Malibu's last month before they ever reached our dealership. I took deposits on all of them and the customer was guaranteed the right to purchase the vehicle after driving it.

All deposits are refundable. We have never taken money from a customer who didn't purchase a vehicle.

Its not that you took a deposit on a car not on your lot. Its that you took a deposit on a car that isnt even released yet. You could possibly run into customer service issues (Like many dodge dealerships did with the chally) where the final product did not meet the customers expectations/tastes and therefore they where out the interest etc on that deposit.

Its just a customer service type thing.

That said good luck with your sales.

GothamCamaro 07-09-2008 12:38 PM

Thanks KarlChev, it's good to see dealerships that love the Camaro and know what the Camaro buyers want. So now being from IL, I have a go North or go West option.

Where are the IL dealers?!?!

I too wish you all the luck but I know you won't have any 5th Gens sitting in the lot for a long time. :D

TAG UR IT 07-09-2008 01:01 PM

Welcome to the site and good luck as well! Now, if we could get you to only sell the top dog Camaros at MSRP like the V6's and SS's......like how I feel they should be sold. But, that WAS another thread and I won't go into it here.

Again, welcome and I think you are going to be selling, selling, selling!!!

KarlChev 07-09-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 86811)
Welcome to the site and good luck as well! Now, if we could get you to only sell the top dog Camaros at MSRP like the V6's and SS's......like how I feel they should be sold. But, that WAS another thread and I won't go into it here.

Again, welcome and I think you are going to be selling, selling, selling!!!

Not sure what you mean. We are planning on selling all V6's and baseline V8's at MSRP with no "market adjustment" added in. If there is a limited production on Z28's, then we will more than likely ask for $5k over.

I sold a limited edition 427 Z06 for below sticker the other day, so it's not like we are trying to rip everyones heads off here.

I would imagine that after the release, we will take offers of around $500 over invoice on V6's and $1k on the V8's.

fad1 07-09-2008 02:05 PM

I heard its going to be a satellite broadcast. Would someone be able to post the video of the Information ?

boxmonkeyracing 07-09-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 86831)
Not sure what you mean. We are planning on selling all V6's and baseline V8's at MSRP with no "market adjustment" added in. If there is a limited production on Z28's, then we will more than likely ask for $5k over.

I sold a limited edition 427 Z06 for below sticker the other day, so it's not like we are trying to rip everyones heads off here.

The problem people are having is the 5K+ mark up on a limited production car.

I for one am going to buy whatever the top dog is. If it is limited production and a dealer is asking a mark up I will gladly proceed to another dealer. . .I live with in 1-3 hrs of several cities that have several different dealerships. I'm sure one of them will gladly sell the new "limited" production camaro to me for MSRP. I know of one here in fayetteville that will deal with me.

but welcome to the site hope you sell tons of camaros

radz28 07-09-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing (Post 86836)
The problem people are having is the 5K+ mark up on a limited production car.

I for one am going to buy whatever the top dog is. If it is limited production and a dealer is asking a mark up I will gladly proceed to another dealer. . .I live with in 1-3 hrs of several cities that have several different dealerships. I'm sure one of them will gladly sell the new "limited" production camaro to me for MSRP. I know of one here in fayetteville that will deal with me.

but welcome to the site hope you sell tons of camaros

Frickin' right. I'm not paying any markup. What a bunch of cr@p.

Chevyrocker 07-09-2008 03:45 PM

Your dealership got 15 ZR1's?!? That's terribly unfair. I want to talk to a GM big wig and see where their logic is because my dealership is not getting ONE and we've been open since 1962! This is pi$$ing me off more and more everyday! On top of that, you're in Iowa, do you really even have a Corvette market out there? I'm in South Florida...shouldn't we get 1?
:mad0233:

joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 07-09-2008 03:52 PM

Yeah.:bs: 15 ZR1 Allocations! Sorry bro, top 10 or not, where in the hell did you pick up all those allocations from?

CamaroScotty 07-09-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlChev (Post 86831)

With Corvette Conti leading the Corvette market in the midwest, its no wonder you've had to sell those bad boy 427 Z06's for less than MSRP.

$8000 minimum off a regular Z06 MSRP is fairly common as a result. Vettes are givaway cars...with the ZR1 being a possible exception..

KarlChev 07-09-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 (Post 86886)
Yeah.:bs: 15 ZR1 Allocations! Sorry bro, top 10 or not, where in the hell did you pick up all those allocations from?

No, we have had 15 people put deposits down to try to buy one. I believe we were alloted 7 or 8.