Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Prototype SLP Wheels, Hoods, RS Emblem, and Rear Spoiler. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42324)

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 06:31 PM

Prototype SLP Wheels, Hoods, RS Emblem, and Rear Spoiler.

16 Attachment(s)
As featured on Homepage.

Okay, here are pictures of the ABM RS with SLP’s wheels, hoods, RS emblem, and rear spoiler (in prototype stage) at the Camaro Fall Classic and F-Body Summit 09.

The wheels are the finished product and will have all safety ratings like factory wheels have; should be under $1300. They are direct replacement for the Camaro’s stock wheels.

The hoods you see in the pictures are two possible products. The blue hood is a clay mold and unfinished so give SLP some slack on the finished look. If the blue hood is built, the front vent will be functional as well as a heat extractor. SLP unveiled the hoods then let everyone vote to see witch one will be built. I voted for the IOM hood. The winner will be announced in the near future. A lucky voter is going to win a copy of whichever hood is built.

The RS emblem speaks for itself. Very cool touch for those who want to replace the “Gold Bow Tie”

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack. The production version will mount in the same location as the stock SS and RS spoiler. For those who have no spoiler the spoiler can be mounted with tape as well so no drilling for you V6 lovers… Also, the spoiler is made of light weight plastic so no added weight.

Enjoy… :thumbsup:

Attachment 54270

Attachment 54271

Attachment 54272

Attachment 54273

Attachment 54274

Attachment 54275

Attachment 54276

Attachment 54277

Attachment 54278

Attachment 54279

Attachment 54282

Attachment 54283

Attachment 54284

Attachment 54285

Attachment 54286

Attachment 54287

ljustin293 09-13-2009 06:33 PM

:coolpics:

TaylorRyanSS 09-13-2009 06:35 PM

not feeling it at all... the rims look cheap, the hood looks funny compared to the one revolution is doing, and the grill looks so tacky. the spoiler looks good though

ZZcamaro 09-13-2009 06:37 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of SLP. I sell tons of their products and they are of the highest quality out there.

That being said...

I am disappointed in the new spoiler, I feel the one of the ZL575 car is much better and will appeal to many more people. It will only be available on the purchase of the entire ZL package, which is kind of a let down to me. Same thing goes for the hood on the ZL car.

As for the new hood, I voted for the image of the red car, as opposed to the blue car.

That is just my opinon, and not meant to take anything away from those whom may like them.

Jamie Mac 09-13-2009 06:46 PM

Voted red

tones2SS 09-13-2009 06:47 PM

I'm not really feeling those items for some reason. I think the spoiler is a let down. (I like the REVOLUTION SUPER SPORT hood and front chin spoiler.)
The wheels, I'm no feeling at all. No offense to anyone that may like them.

NAHURRY 09-13-2009 06:53 PM

The spoiler would look good if it was a better fit, too much space between
the car and it.

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHURRY (Post 918578)
the car and it.

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack. ;)

nUcLeArEnVoY 09-13-2009 07:08 PM

The size and width of the spoiler I am absolutely in love with. It's what everyone's been waiting for - a one-piece ducktail that extends onto the quarter panels to hearken back to the 1st-gen cars. HOWEVER, that being said the only part about it I do not approve of is how much it slopes diagonally - it should only slope slightly, focusing more on going STRAIGHT up. Then again, if you look here at this side view of the SLP ZL575 spoiler...
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...titled-1-1.jpg

... It slopes up the same way as this spoiler so maybe it's just a bad angle. OR, just maybe, it's possible that it's a little too tall - shortening it a half an inch or so might work wonders. The poor fitment for this prototype is definitely not helping either. Overall, I think I just need to see more pictures but either way, I think this is going to be the spoiler for me. It really is what I've been waiting for.

Oh, and just in case the SLP rep that surfs this forum reads this thread, I am asking if those hockey stick stripes are going to be available as a decal package!

Milk 1027 09-13-2009 07:14 PM

Spoiler, I need to see it properlly fitted so i can pass judgement.

The hood I'm not too sure about though. It's actually abit of a dissapointment to me. I gotta see it in person though.

prostock69 09-13-2009 07:25 PM

Honestly, the only thing I like about this car is the color. Sorry :(

Jferrell88 09-13-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAHURRY (Post 918578)
the car and it.

that spoiler looks nice but the fitment is pure ass slp should be embarassed(edit) just went back and read its attached with tape i will take back my comments until we see the finished product

jpsuperman81 09-13-2009 07:50 PM

Not feelin it either, hood looks weird badge looks weird cause of bend no way around that. Spoiler looks off a bit liked other version the did better. Don't care for wheels at all.

KILLER74Z28 09-13-2009 07:51 PM

The hoods you see in the pictures are two possible products. The blue hood is a clay mold and unfinished so give SLP some slack on the finished look.

The Spoiler is also a prototype and unfinished. It is mounted with tape just for the show so the fit is rough. Once again cut SLP some slack.

:readthethread: :paddle::paddle::paddle: