Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Mid-Atlantic (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Camaro Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42818)

JProberts 09-16-2009 03:51 PM

Camaro Modifications

I'm interested in making modifications to my 2SS L99 but do not know much about the process or shops that specialize in this type of work.

I would like to add some headers and different exhasut and CAI and would like advice from everyone on the forum on shops in the DMV area that you either have experince with or knowledge of their work.

The GM dealers I have checked with in the area seem reluctant to do anything other than GM parts of course but I am interested in adding some ARH for headers and maybe an SLP LMII axle-back exhaust.

Also if there are any other suggestions out there on what other steps could be taken to get more HP out of the engine would be great.:w00t:

Thanks JP

thesnoopster 09-16-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JProberts (Post 931313)
I'm interested in making modifications to my 2SS L99 but do not know much about the process or shops that specialize in this type of work.

I would like to add some headers and different exhasut and CAI and would like advice from everyone on the forum on shops in the DMV area that you either have experince with or knowledge of their work.

The GM dealers I have checked with in the area seem reluctant to do anything other than GM parts of course but I am interested in adding some ARH for headers and maybe an SLP LMII axle-back exhaust.

Also if there are any other suggestions out there on what other steps could be taken to get more HP out of the engine would be great.:w00t:

Thanks JP

Go to this thread JP........

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

It has great information!!!!! These guys and gals rock!! :thumbup:

And maybe someday I will see around the area!

RoyalKev 09-16-2009 08:12 PM

Obsession motor sports in Gaithersburg Md, ive used them for tints, and systems in my other cars and know for a fact they do engine mods to because they have a dyno and ive seen them do some turbo kits and stuff. They specialize in motorcycles and cars so dont be confused. If you go with them tell them Kevin from royal sent you and talk to the manager his name is levon.

NTGILTY 09-16-2009 08:37 PM

Race Proven Motorsports in claymont del. 302 798 4000 ask for fran...all they deal with is all LSX cars. they know their stuff and its tax free makes them even better.

thesnoopster 09-17-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTGILTY (Post 932699)
Race Proven Motorsports in claymont del. 302 798 4000 ask for fran...all they deal with is all LSX cars. they know their stuff and its tax free makes them even better.

Tax free is always good! :thumbup:

RoyalKev 09-17-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTGILTY (Post 932699)

Yeah ive heard of them thats a badass place to get engine work done because they know these engines from the 1st bolt to the last.

Frans96ss 09-17-2009 09:08 AM

Feel free to give us a call. I have a few parts for you in stock :)

Jozef 09-17-2009 02:27 PM

If you want some really good custom exhaust work done, give AA Speed and Custom in Woodbrige a call. Ask for Dan or Patty and tell them that Joe from Fastenal sent you. He'll take care of you.

703-494-1330

:)

RoyalKev 09-17-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frans96ss (Post 934991)

Lol I think my tax return this year will be in your hands the same day I get it. Hahaha

SicSix6 09-17-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JProberts (Post 931313)

Thanks JP

Shoot me a PM. I am in the Bristow area and have been working on F-bodies for 10+ years. I work cheaper than most and am full of plenty of knowledge to assist you. I will give you my phone number in the return PM.

JProberts 09-17-2009 09:41 PM

What to do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frans96ss (Post 934991)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozef (Post 936430)
If you want some really good custom exhaust work done, give AA Speed and Custom in Woodbrige a call. Ask for Dan or Patty and tell them that Joe from Fastenal sent you. He'll take care of you.

703-494-1330

:)

Thanks for all the good information and I will definitely be in touch when I decide what and when I want to do these modifications.:w00t:

I have seen your website (frans96ss) and noticed that you specialize in the LS3 engine so I assume you would also specialize on the L99 also.

My major concern is my GM warranty, but I know thats out the window once I make any serious modifications like a cat back and headers or a supercharger kit.:drool:

So my main question is if/when I do major engine modifications what type of warranty can I expect from the company that does the mods? If my engine blows or the transmission or rear end craps the bed what can I expect these companies to cover? Will they restore my car fully or will I be out on a limb with them and GM?

At this point I am sure I will at least upgrade the exhaust and headers but don't really want to go all GM parts just to protect my warranty but I also don't have money to just throw away. :iono:

But there is a part of me that wants to go balls to the walls and try to get 500 HP out of these car because I know it is capable of doing it. And I think that part of mw is going to win but I want to be sure that my car can be repaired if damaged.

Thanks for the info and any more feedback is greatly appreciated.

I will PM you guys soon when I have made a definite decision.

Frans96ss 09-18-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JProberts (Post 938574)
Thanks for all the good information and I will definitely be in touch when I decide what and when I want to do these modifications.:w00t:

I have seen your website (frans96ss) and noticed that you specialize in the LS3 engine so I assume you would also specialize on the L99 also.

My major concern is my GM warranty, but I know thats out the window once I make any serious modifications like a cat back and headers or a supercharger kit.:drool:

So my main question is if/when I do major engine modifications what type of warranty can I expect from the company that does the mods? If my engine blows or the transmission or rear end craps the bed what can I expect these companies to cover? Will they restore my car fully or will I be out on a limb with them and GM?

At this point I am sure I will at least upgrade the exhaust and headers but don't really want to go all GM parts just to protect my warranty but I also don't have money to just throw away. :iono:

But there is a part of me that wants to go balls to the walls and try to get 500 HP out of these car because I know it is capable of doing it. And I think that part of mw is going to win but I want to be sure that my car can be repaired if damaged.

Thanks for the info and any more feedback is greatly appreciated.

I will PM you guys soon when I have made a definite decision.

We specialize in ANY LSX engine. If you get headers and exhuast your warrenty wont be voided. GM has to PROVE that the mods you did to the car caused the other part to fail. For instance if you put headers on your car and your radio stops working. They in no way can prove that so it will be covered. With a blower and stuff it might be alittle harder but i know a few people at some dealerships that can push some stuff through for me. Ive never had a problem before with any of the vettes i built.

As far as a shop honoring a warrenty thats a gray area for sure. Not many people will actually "warrenty" a vehicle with a blower and such on it. I will always 110% warrenty any work i did or any parts you got from me. If we do a blower and your clutch fails then that cant be on me. Thats a wear item and something that will eventually go either way. If something breaks from something we did wrong or something (which rarely happens) then i will cover it. If for some reason your fuel pump dies and leans out the motor and melts a piston then that is not on me and i can not cover it.

I hope you understand where im coming from. There is so many instances that can point fingers either way. If you talk to any of my customers you will know im MORE than fair when it comes to stuff. Feel free to stop by the shop and check out what we do. We usually have some pretty cool projects going on.

Frans96ss 09-18-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalKev (Post 937256)
Lol I think my tax return this year will be in your hands the same day I get it. Hahaha

I think im ok with that :laugh::headbang:

JProberts 09-18-2009 05:10 PM

That sounds good to me.

Thanks for the information and I will definitely give you a call and schedule a visit and talk about the possibilities and cost. I do know at some point I will get headers along with exhaust upgrade and find out what the other possibilities are available for HP gains while keeping it street legal.

Again this is my first time making these type of changes to a car so thats why all the questions and concerns regarding warranties.

Although I have been known to drive a liitle hard at times :confused0068: I don't plan on doing major racing and want to be realistic in doing modifications for HP gains, but keeping it street legal and not pushing the envelope so much that I could possibly blow the car up.:cry:

So beside headers and exhaust upgrades what could you do short of a supercharger or something to improve the performance?

Again thanks for the response and information and maybe this will give others ideas on the forum regarding upgrading their camaro's also.
:respekt: