Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Generic Letter to Dealers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8176)

Croathlete 10-14-2008 06:03 AM

Generic Letter to Dealers

I've finally decided to bite the bullet. :happyanim:

I am sending out emails to dealers today seeing where I can get the best deal. Was just wondering if anyone had any comments on the generic letter I'm sending out to try to get the best response.

"Good Morning. I'm contacting you because you were listed in the enthusiast's forum, Camaro5.com, as a dealer selling for MSRP or under. After pricing was released yesterday, I believe I am ready to order. Since your allocation is the estimated number of units to be received through 3Q09, I was wondering if you had already fulfilled your allotment. If not, I would be extremely interested in hearing from you. Also, I would like to know if you will be accepting GM Employee or Supplier discounts.

Thank you for your time."

After hearing some of your stories, I hope some of them even know the Camaro is being sold!!! Also not too confident that I'll find MSRP or less in the tri-state area due to the number of people here that will pay up the nose for anything. Guess we'll see...

Txturbo 10-14-2008 06:17 AM

Good luck with that....

Croathlete 10-14-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 157663)
Good luck with that....

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?

Rogue Leader 10-14-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 157660)

I am sending out emails to dealers today seeing where I can get the best deal. Was just wondering if anyone had any comments on the generic letter I'm sending out to try to get the best response.

"Good Morning. I'm contacting you because you were listed in the enthusiast's forum, Camaro5.com, as a dealer selling for MSRP or under. After pricing was released yesterday, I believe I am ready to order. Since your allocation is the estimated number of units to be received through 3Q09, I was wondering if you had already fulfilled your allotment. If not, I would be extremely interested in hearing from you. Also, I would like to know if you will be accepting GM Employee or Supplier discounts.

After hearing some of your stories, I hope some of them even know the Camaro is being sold!!! Also not too confident that I'll find MSRP or less in the tri-state area due to the number of people here that will pay up the nose for anything. Guess we'll see...

Hey Man, I'm on LI and I have my order in at my local dealer, Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport. They are selling for MSRP but I'm pretty sure their first allotment is almost spoken for. The Sales manager was telling me that people are calling and asking what place in line is available there and then either signing on or saying they will call elsewhere. I'd start doing that, only because now that word is out it can be ordered, by the time an email gets answered you will likely be too late.

Good Luck. I got my spot since I went there in June and put down a deposit.

Croathlete 10-14-2008 07:12 AM

Appreciate the info. I'll give them a call later this morning.

KILLER74Z28 10-14-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croathlete (Post 157660)

Let us know how things turn out and if any of the Dealers on the list changed there story… ;)

Moose 10-14-2008 07:17 AM

Good luck! ;)

I found my dealer via the internet when ordering the SS. I'm not sure how easy it will be for you, what with the allocations, etc., but keep at it and let us know how you made out. :thumbsup:

Croathlete 10-14-2008 07:20 AM

Already got one call back promising MSRP with one allocation left, but no GM Employee or Supplier discounts. This might not be too bad after all...

Tantalizer43 10-14-2008 01:12 PM

I sent out the same thing in July.

Mine basically said , Do you have list?, what is required to join? and what were their pricing intentions.

Of course at the time, ordering info wasnt released, neither was pricing.

So now that all the pieces of the puzzle are in front of you, you are probably best off to call some local dealers and find out if they mark up, do they require a deposit and is it 100% refundable.

Good Luck!!!!!

pinkcamaro10 10-14-2008 02:48 PM

I sent out a lot of emails before too, and never recieved any back. Good Luck, but I would call if i were you.

The_Blur 10-14-2008 02:50 PM

You'll need to be very patient. The dealer here, Crown Chevrolet, is demanding a non-refundable $1,000 deposit and claims to have an allocation of 1 Camaro. :rolleyes:

LAW Camaro #3 11-23-2010 01:49 PM

Just came across this picture of the pinkcamaro. This is awesome! I'm waiting for my IBM 2011 to arrive.

CamaroScotty 11-23-2010 01:57 PM

WAITING FOR THE LETTER.... bwhahahahahahaha ;)

camaro692 11-23-2010 03:09 PM

This thread is funny. "only one allottment" hahahah then GM made 100k camaros! Boy id be pissed if I would have paid a ADM