Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Corpus, San Antonio or Houston recommendations (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455081)

mp51998 06-03-2016 03:28 PM

Corpus, San Antonio or Houston recommendations

Hello, I bought a new car, not a Camaro, and I want to have the C Quartz Paint Protection put on it. I am looking for recommendations for shops in or near any of the three cities listed in the title. I have one recommendation for Jay's Detail in San Antonio. Anyone used them for anything? Is the shop clean and organized? I don't want to take my car to a place that I may have problems with or may not be there in the future. I also need to get the windows tinted. I am looking for advice on types and brands of tint available. When I did the Camaros we just went to the local shop I had used for my work trucks. I have no idea what they used but it was cheap enough and good enough for a truck that saw 60K plus miles a year.
Please comment if you have experience with any shops that can apply the C Quartz or good quality tint. Thank you.

mlee 06-04-2016 09:54 AM

These guys are awesome and do it all.

https://www.facebook.com/automotiveapparel15/

mp51998 06-04-2016 04:49 PM

Thanks I will check them out. Also got a recommendation for Clarity Auto Detailing. Any pros or cons about them. Seems like the price for the C Quartz is the close to the same at the couple of places I've talked to.

woyster_13ss 06-05-2016 08:54 PM

Just a word of caution...make sure you are asking for CQuartz Finest. They make two versions, CQuartz can be put on by just about anybody and has a very short, if any, warranty. CQuartz Finest requires training and certification before they allow the installer to use it. CQuartz Finest carries a 2-year warranty and nothing beats it.

That being said, I used Clarity Auto Detailing for my CQuartz Finest. Awesome results on both my Camaro and my 2007 Avalanche (looks brand new). Only problem I had with Clarity was their communication...it was difficult to get ahold of them at times (I know they were in the shop working) and they didn't meet the deadlines we had agreed on. When you rely on your vehicles as daily drivers, when deadlines slip it creates problems for getting around.

All said, I will be going back to them for future work.

mlee 06-06-2016 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woyster_13ss (Post 9133644)
Just a word of caution...make sure you are asking for CQuartz Finest. They make two versions, CQuartz can be put on by just about anybody and has a very short, if any, warranty. CQuartz Finest requires training and certification before they allow the installer to use it. CQuartz Finest carries a 2-year warranty and nothing beats it.

That being said, I used Clarity Auto Detailing for my CQuartz Finest. Awesome results on both my Camaro and my 2007 Avalanche (looks brand new). Only problem I had with Clarity was their communication...it was difficult to get ahold of them at times (I know they were in the shop working) and they didn't meet the deadlines we had agreed on. When you rely on your vehicles as daily drivers, when deadlines slip it creates problems for getting around.

All said, I will be going back to them for future work.

Exactly... I would totally stay away from this one for this exact reason. And if you question him about it you will get a huge rant. DON'T GO THERE.

mlee 06-06-2016 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mp51998 (Post 9131839)
Thanks I will check them out. Also got a recommendation for Clarity Auto Detailing. Any pros or cons about them. Seems like the price for the C Quartz is the close to the same at the couple of places I've talked to.

Save yourself a HUGE headache and stay away.

Michael at Automotive Apparel uses CQuartz Finest and sponsors the Houston Performance Driving group along with the Camaro Club. Personally seen his work and it's outstanding.
He used to work out of the Tomball Ford dealership and has gone out on his own. He's also the Houston Adams dealer as well.

mp51998 06-07-2016 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 9134029)
Exactly... I would totally stay away from this one for this exact reason. And if you question him about it you will get a huge rant. DON'T GO THERE.

Thank you both for the word or warning. While this car is not a DD my wife would be making the trek from CC to Houston, so for it not to be ready and for her to have to deal with BS is a major deal breaker for me.

I am looking a C Quartz Finest. I have heard that if you follow the recommended maintenance it can longer than two years.

Thx again.

TX_ED_SS 06-10-2016 07:09 AM

Jay's Detail does a great job and sponsors the San Antonio Camaro Club. They use C Quartz Finest. Located by the San Antonio Airport and can be found on Facebook.

mp51998 06-11-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX_ED_SS (Post 9143049)
Jay's Detail does a great job and sponsors the San Antonio Camaro Club. They use C Quartz Finest. Located by the San Antonio Airport and can be found on Facebook.

Thx. I think they are on top of the list. Its closest and the Ferrari dealer recommended them.