Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Baby Dies In Street Racing Crash (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6833)

4thGenRocks 09-16-2008 11:40 AM

Baby Dies In Street Racing Crash

http://www.kpho.com/news/17479787/detail.html#-

Quote:

PHOENIX -- A 6-week-old baby has died from injuries suffered when the driver of a car in which she was riding lost control while street racing and struck a tree and power pole, police say.

The baby was rushed to the hospital Saturday night in critical condition.

Investigators said Chance Reed, 24, was driving with the baby restrained in a car seat.

Police said Chance was racing with the driver of a Tahoe/Suburban-style vehicle on McDowell Road when Chance lost control of his car near 62nd Avenue and crossed the eastbound traffic lanes.

Chance and the infant were ejected.

Police said the driver is an acquaintance of the baby's mother.

The male passenger in the Tahoe was described as Hispanic and wearing a ball cap on backwards. People with information about the vehicle or passenger are asked to call the Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes Bureau desk at 602 262-6141.

Police said the criminal investigation by Phoenix Police Department Vehicular Crimes Unit detectives is ongoing.
VIDEO: http://mfile.akamai.com/25580/wmv/vo...81129.200k.asx

The baby died and the father is in a coma.. Hopefully he'll die.

:)

The_Blur 09-16-2008 11:43 AM

Some people are so stupid. Not only is the car not safe for racing due to the roll factor, the child's presence makes racing an unthinkable crime.

TAG UR IT 09-16-2008 12:05 PM

You guys don't want to know what I have to say here.

But if I ever got ahold of that driver....

The_Blur 09-16-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 131251)
You guys don't want to know what I have to say here.

But if I ever got ahold of that driver....

:paddle:

That sums it up, right?

radz28 09-16-2008 12:18 PM

I don't think the driver is the father because the article says the driver was an acquaintance of the mother, but regardless, I'm with Tag' for sure...

Raven 09-16-2008 12:40 PM

What the hell is wrong with people these days?
Racing a Tahoe/Suburban = stupid
Racing with a baby in the car (especially one that's not even yours) = you need to be wiped off the planet

I've even backed off when a convertible full of teenage boys was playing with me on the highway one day while in my Z. Once I realized how many of them there were and how old they weren't...I backed off. I'm sure they thought they "won" and I'm fine with that. I didn't want to be responsible for them killing themselves.

Angrybird 12 09-16-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 131291)
What the hell is wrong with people these days?
Racing a Tahoe/Suburban = stupid
Racing with a baby in the car (especially one that's not even yours) = you need to be wiped off the planet

I've even backed off when a convertible full of teenage boys was playing with me on the highway one day while in my Z. Once I realized how many of them there were and how old they weren't...I backed off. I'm sure they thought they "won" and I'm fine with that. I didn't want to be responsible for them killing themselves.

the problem is they probably went and found someone else that wouldn't back off... at least you didn't contribute, and that is good... but the number of people in the car and their age should not be a factor in your decision... you shouldn't do it in any case...

TRIXXTERR 09-16-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 131275)
I don't think the driver is the father because the article says the driver was an acquaintance of the mother, but regardless, I'm with Tag' for sure...

Im With Ya..

Hmm A Mustang Vs A Tahoe.. theres One you Dont See Everyday..well not In my small town.

The_Stache 09-16-2008 06:17 PM

This makes me sad that it happened in my own town...

Keep in mind this happened on McDowell Road... This for those that don't know.. is the "wrong side of town"... just like the jersy projects, or ingelwood.. etc..

Usually violent crimes/racing/drugs/prostitution are common in a grid between van buren and mcdowell..

drivingincamaro 09-16-2008 08:55 PM

poor baby he had his whole life ahead of him :(

im sorry but I hope that guy never wakes up

Mindz 09-16-2008 09:36 PM

I was hoping it was at DV by the airport. When I was down there and at the races for my second time, some moron saw the "ghetto bird" and popped a couple shots at it. I never went back. Never went to McDowell, but I know there are a few shady places down there. R.I.P. baby and U.I.H. to the driver. (Unrest in Hell)

Wm Holden 09-16-2008 09:46 PM

wow!

Jak 09-16-2008 10:49 PM

If this is outta line, delete it. I hope the S.O.B. driver that's in a coma is reliving what he did over and over again. One life extinguished before it could make it's mark in the world, and the other (driver) a freaking waste of flesh. Now where in his little pea brain of a mind did this . . . . think it'd be a good idea to race with a baby in the vehicle? Sorry, I was just winding down from work and after reading this, I'm wound back up again.:mad0260:

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-16-2008 11:05 PM

What the H3LL is goin on in this world...