Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Went for a cruise the other day, where did I end up? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84437)

SDCamaro10 05-19-2010 05:15 PM

Went for a cruise the other day, where did I end up?

Started on the 15 south from Aero drive and ended up getting on to the 5N. I didnt really have any kind of destination, just driving around.

Got off the 5N, onto Genesee Ave, took a left and got on to N. Torrey Pines Rd / County Hwy S21. Scenic and curvy with a nice pass by the beach.

Kept going north, towards Del Mar, and turned right on Via De La Valle / County hwy S8 up through a country club area. Into the Rancho Santa Fe area.

Go to the 3 way stop, turn right onto County hwy S6 / Del Dios Highway.
This take you up through some winding mountain areas, and above a lake with a dam / reservoir.

Took that all the way up in to Escondido and took the 15S home. Took me about an hour or so, was driving conservative.

Was a nice relaxing drive and full of scenery. have driven all over the san diego area, and havent come across anything like this route. Theres even a little parking / pull off area by the lake. Think i'll make a stop there next time and take some pictures!

christianmotox 05-19-2010 05:19 PM

Nice, there seems to be a lot of hidden places around San Diego, it reminds me of the program "About San Diego" it always amazes me of the things we have on our back yards.

2010 SSRS 05-19-2010 05:24 PM

sounds nice

SDCamaro10 05-19-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianmotox (Post 1877893)
Nice, there seems to be a lot of hidden places around San Diego, it reminds me of the program "About San Diego" it always amazes me of the things we have on our back yards.

Indeed! Another one of my favorite routes is off of greenfield dr in El Cajon. I take the road up the mountains toward Crest and Alpine. Very curvy roads back there, almost scary to go over 30 mph around some of them haha. Alpine has some nice back roads to cruise on too.

The Jerk 05-19-2010 06:14 PM

I like the areas around Clairemont Mesa (where my mom lives) when youre on the 52 either going W or E with long roads and as you did either get off Genesse or go up to La Jolla. There are some nice roads and up hills to get that camaro vrooming and people staring as you pass them by.

SDCamaro10 05-22-2010 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Jerk (Post 1878167)
I like the areas around Clairemont Mesa (where my mom lives) when youre on the 52 either going W or E with long roads and as you did either get off Genesse or go up to La Jolla. There are some nice roads and up hills to get that camaro vrooming and people staring as you pass them by.

You know i live near clairemont mesa, lol. like, 2 exits down. Tierrasanta is a real nice area, as is clairemont mesa. the 52 is nice, but start heading out towards santee and it starts to get boring.

We should all go for a drive to some of the places i know out on the other side of el cajon. lots of fun to be had out there.

arod55 05-22-2010 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here a picture of my Camaro in the San Diego mountains. Cuyamaca, a great place to cruise. :headbang:

The Jerk 05-22-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arod55 (Post 1890379)
Here a picture of my Camaro in the San Diego mountains. Cuyamaca, a great place to cruise. :headbang:

Oh wow look at those beautiful roads! I need to get on that and open the throttle on that! :burnrubber: