Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Back at ECS....again (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330859)

Chris82xx 12-02-2013 02:27 PM

Back at ECS....again

After many months of planning, researching, and asking the same question multiple times, I decided to go back to ECS for some upgrades. What really set my decision in motion was the fact that I bought new TSP - 260cc heads, and a certain sponsor, who's name I cannot reveal, but rhymes with Patt dangled a new, bigger, blower in front of my face. So, I decided to call ECS, who are such sweet talkers, and make arrangements to have the new heads put on and swap the blower to a YSi. Currently, my car has the NOVI 1500SL making 811rwhp/719rwtq @ 15.3 psi. After this install and tune, I have no idea where things will stand, but it should be fun to find out. Along with these being installed, I have also installed Pfadt solid sub-frame bushings, DBA drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Mantic 9000 twin clutch, LPE launch controller, and Hurst line-lock. I'm hoping to stay near the numbers I'm at now, but also interested to hear what others have to say. BTW, this is on a stock bottom end.

Matt @ FSP 12-02-2013 02:31 PM

Damn those certain sponsors :)

Good luck man, ECS FTW!

Unreal 12-02-2013 03:42 PM

Damn Patt.

Good luck. Will be interesting to see the differences. Ysi's are fun blowers. Any idea what pulley or how hard you are going to spin it?

realcanuk 12-02-2013 03:43 PM

Can't go wrong with ECS. They know their stuff. I would say if you plan to use that YSI to its potential, I would be prepared for a bottom end at some point.

Chris82xx 12-02-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unreal (Post 7230749)
Damn Patt.

Good luck. Will be interesting to see the differences. Ysi's are fun blowers. Any idea what pulley or how hard you are going to spin it?

I know that they're switching me from a 8-rib setup to a 10-rib setup. As far as the pulley size, I believe they'll still use the same small pulley, but use the restrictor plate to control the boost. Going to the YSi will allow me to stay at my current power levels but without using so much boost.

VanquisherSS 12-02-2013 04:26 PM

Good luck man should be interesting and you'll probably be past my stock bottom levels. There goes my record LOL. I sold my car before those sweet talkers could get me into something more haha.

Ugh makes me depressed thinking about making the time to finish my project.

Craig B 12-02-2013 04:31 PM

Good luck with your build. Your in good hands over @ ECS. Let us know how you make out when it's all done.

Supercharged SS 12-02-2013 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris82xx (Post 7230611)
After many months of planning, researching, and asking the same question multiple times, I decided to go back to ECS for some upgrades. What really set my decision in motion was the fact that I bought new TSP - 255 heads, and a certain sponsor, who's name I cannot reveal, but rhymes with Patt dangled a new, bigger, blower in front of my face. So, I decided to call ECS, who are such sweet talkers, and make arrangements to have the new heads put on and swap the blower to a YSi. Currently, my car has the NOVI 1500SL making 811rwhp/719rwtq @ 15.3 psi. After this install and tune, I have no idea where things will stand, but it should be fun to find out. Along with these being installed, I have also installed Pfadt solid sub-frame bushings, DBA drilled/slotted rotors, Hawk pads, Mantic 9000 twin clutch, LPE launch controller, and Hurst line-lock. I'm hoping to stay near the numbers I'm at now, but also interested to hear what others have to say. BTW, this is on a stock bottom end.

Damn Pat sold me a truck load of parts too last week. At least he hooks us up!!:headbang:

To bad you didn't buy his built 419. Then you'd be all set.

old motorhead 12-02-2013 05:15 PM

How much more power do you expect to make at the same boost level? With the restrictor plate, I can see the boost coming in quicker, but just wondering about the top end.

Abrahams11SS 12-02-2013 05:29 PM

Here I was excited to break into the 600-700 hp club and the big boys are all flirting with 1000hp daily drivers.. unreal..
Patt has a way of convincing you to do things that are awesome.. he worked his magician tricks on me as well.. lol

grocerygetter 12-02-2013 05:41 PM

all I know is the power I'm at now is more than enough to get me in trouble on the street. LOL
For the track...hellz yeah throw the power to it!

SSE 4 2SS 12-02-2013 05:46 PM

Sweet, will be following along with this one....

Chris82xx 12-02-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 7230845)
Damn Pat sold me a truck load of parts too last week. At least he hooks us up!!:headbang:

To bad you didn't buy his built 419. Then you'd be all set.

I know, but at least I'm ready for a short block whenever I decide to pull the trigger. Everything on the car is setup and ready for it.

Chris82xx 12-02-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 7230922)
How much more power do you expect to make at the same boost level? With the restrictor plate, I can see the boost coming in quicker, but just wondering about the top end.

If I was to stay at the same boost level, I will go well above the 850 mark. With the restrictor plate, I can run 1-2 lbs. less and make the same low to mid power range. I'll see a bigger spike in the upper power band. I don't beat on the car too much, but I would love to see at least 850 to the wheels.