Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) re exhaust metallic vibration (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82049)

dmo 05-07-2010 08:06 PM

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) re exhaust metallic vibration

I took my camaro in to be serviced at the dealer for a dent (completely gone now :D) and a vibrational noise when I was in low RPM's of any gear. The mechanic said he couldn't hear it but I insisted it was there. So the mechanic did some research and found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that described exactly what I said. It turned out the baffles in the exhaust separate and vibrate creating a tinny noise. So now my exhaust is being replaced from the catalytic converter back and its all under warranty. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else had the same problem and didn't know what the hell it was.

guiLT 05-07-2010 09:27 PM

Thanks for the heads-up.

KLR ZL1 05-07-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmo (Post 1820819)
I took my camaro in to be serviced at the dealer for a dent (completely gone now :D) and a vibrational noise when I was in low RPM's of any gear. The mechanic said he couldn't hear it but I insisted it was there. So the mechanic did some research and found a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that described exactly what I said. It turned out the baffles in the exhaust separate and vibrate creating a tinny noise. So now my exhaust is being replaced from the catalytic converter back and its all under warranty. Just wanted to post this in case anyone else had the same problem and didn't know what the hell it was.

I knew thats what it is.I took mine in for the same thing and the stupid SERVICE MANAGER tried to tell me it was gear lash sound traveling through the drive train. Uuuh yyeeaa right. I told them it was a harmonic vibration coming from the passeger rear side. I will be taking my car to another dealer on the 17th.

ron10 05-07-2010 09:55 PM

good to know.thanks.

Inferno Man 05-07-2010 11:40 PM

Thanks! This forum is awesome!

dmo 05-08-2010 08:11 AM

My apologies for posting this in the improper area of the forums

2010 SSRS 05-08-2010 01:21 PM

good to know

cwalms 05-08-2010 05:31 PM

Do you happen to know what the bulletin number is?

Supermans 05-08-2010 05:33 PM

Send me a PM with the bulletin number. Thanks

esperman 05-08-2010 10:36 PM

glad I ripped off the stock exhaust:)

Matt79M 05-12-2010 09:59 AM

Can you send me a pm with the TSB number too?

Reeko 05-12-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt79M (Post 1842434)
Can you send me a pm with the TSB number too?

Me too.
I have noticed a buzzing sound that tends to resonate at 3000 RPMs, with or without the gear or clutch engaged. Seems to be coming from the passenger side and I suspected the exhaust.

Good to know.

fireboltgirl 05-13-2010 02:43 PM

exhaust metallic vibration

Thanks, I have the same problem and I'm also in Baltimore. Where did you take your car to have the problem corrected? Do you have the TSB number?

Thanks!

Kim
Summit white/orange 2SS/RS

BruceJames 05-20-2010 01:34 PM

had the same problem after they did yet another TSB fix for clicking rear half shafts.. For THAT they added washers to the half shafts near the real wheels.. THEN I started to have that resonance problem..so after MUCH service time they replaced both mufflers.. and.. it STILL gets the noise.. My concern is the other "fix" might just be adding too much directional torque to the half shafts OR the differential.. Who can help with this one cause GM sure can't figure it out