Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Strange Chirping Noise From Driver Side. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272052)

steverino56 01-20-2013 02:55 AM

Strange Chirping Noise From Driver Side.

Hey all. I'm new to the forum here! and sadly my first post is about a problem.
I recently got a 2012 camaro LT1 RS package, brand new from the dealer and its been making a weird chirping noise specifically from the drivers side. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location and it only happens while the car is in motion and when it is cold out. It gets louder during the night in temps of 40-50. Took it to the dealer twice and the mechanics cant pinpoint the noise either as it wont replicate when im driving with them (just my luck) Here's a link to the sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Yek...ature=youtu.be
It sounds like a chirping noise as if two plastic parts are rubbing against each other. Any thoughts? This noise is driving me insane!

quualudes 01-20-2013 08:02 AM

Wow! That would get annoying!! Lol!

I would grab a small friend, throw him in the backseat with a stereoscope (or a hose or something) and try to isolate the location of that noise.

quualudes 01-20-2013 08:04 AM

I actually have a chirp too, but it's not like that. It chirps once or twice every once and a while, so that might be the beginnings of what is to come. :/

steverino56 01-20-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quualudes (Post 6060011)
Wow! That would get annoying!! Lol!

I would grab a small friend, throw him in the backseat with a stereoscope (or a hose or something) and try to isolate the location of that noise.

Do you mean a stethoscope? That's not a bad idea! Its so weird, the mechanics did indicate that it could be coming from under the good as well.

rush2112 01-20-2013 01:57 PM

I had a noise like plastic rubbing together in an older car. I sprayed WD 40 behind the inst panel in a last ditch effort. It worked. Smell went away after awhile. Sorry dashboard.

quualudes 01-20-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino56 (Post 6060805)
Do you mean a stethoscope? That's not a bad idea! Its so weird, the mechanics did indicate that it could be coming from under the good as well.

Yes, stethoscope :) iPhone and proofreading fail. :D

I am hearing my little chirp from around the door area, and your audio clip sounds like mine if it never stopped. I also hear my chirp when I close my door sometimes, so I am leaning toward something there. Hopefully your 'helper' will get us closer to where it might be coming from. :)

ckaram 01-20-2013 07:46 PM

I have it on the passenger side. I pulled off the A pillar and put some felt tape where I thought it came from but struck out.

I'll get it, just need the time to have the wife drive it while I trouble shoot.

steverino56 01-22-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckaram (Post 6062066)
I have it on the passenger side. I pulled off the A pillar and put some felt tape where I thought it came from but struck out.

I'll get it, just need the time to have the wife drive it while I trouble shoot.

Luckily yours is on the passenger side an you can try to fix it. I find it hard to drive and try to find the damn noise at the same time lol.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 01-22-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino56 (Post 6059723)
Hey all. I'm new to the forum here! and sadly my first post is about a problem.
I recently got a 2012 camaro LT1 RS package, brand new from the dealer and its been making a weird chirping noise specifically from the drivers side. It's hard to pinpoint the exact location and it only happens while the car is in motion and when it is cold out. It gets louder during the night in temps of 40-50. Took it to the dealer twice and the mechanics cant pinpoint the noise either as it wont replicate when im driving with them (just my luck) Here's a link to the sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Yek...ature=youtu.be
It sounds like a chirping noise as if two plastic parts are rubbing against each other. Any thoughts? This noise is driving me insane!

Welcome to Camaro5! We apologize for the frustrations that you are currently experiencing. Please keep in mind; no one knows the idiosyncrasies of your car better than you. It’s for this reason I highly recommend that you consider personally road testing your vehicle with the Service Manager so you can demonstrate the concern you are experiencing. This way, before anyone exits the car, it is perfectly clear what you are referring to. The Service Manager then can provide you with his/her recommendation regarding the concern.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

steverino56 01-22-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6067660)
Welcome to Camaro5! We apologize for the frustrations that you are currently experiencing. Please keep in mind; no one knows the idiosyncrasies of your car better than you. It’s for this reason I highly recommend that you consider personally road testing your vehicle with the Service Manager so you can demonstrate the concern you are experiencing. This way, before anyone exits the car, it is perfectly clear what you are referring to. The Service Manager then can provide you with his/her recommendation regarding the concern.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Thanks Brandon,
I have already visited my dealership twice and rode with the assistant manager and a mechanic. It made the noise when i was with the assistant manager, but not when i rode with the mechanic during the day. To me it seems that the noise becomes louder throughout the night. I dont know how to schedule a drive at night since the service department closes at 7 and that is the time i usually get off work. Any other suggestions?

AiRDawG 01-23-2013 03:58 PM

Could it possibly be your brakes? I had a chirping noise similar to this one that hasn't shown up again since I replaced pads and rotors on my SS.

ckaram 01-23-2013 06:28 PM

Mine is clearly only when it's below 40* outside. After driving the car for a half hour or so it's gone. Comes from the passenger corner near the windshield/A-pillar intersection.

It sounds just like two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other. I never hear it from April through October. Only in the winter...

steverino56 12-10-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckaram (Post 6074072)
Mine is clearly only when it's below 40* outside. After driving the car for a half hour or so it's gone. Comes from the passenger corner near the windshield/A-pillar intersection.

It sounds just like two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other. I never hear it from April through October. Only in the winter...

Did you get the noise fixed by any chance?

ckaram 12-11-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino56 (Post 7251143)
Did you get the noise fixed by any chance?

No...it's my DD I'm just living with it for now.