Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Blue tooth on radio (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68842)

tlc9193 03-03-2010 06:14 PM

Blue tooth on radio

For the last few days my bluetooth on the radio doesn't come on. Is there away to turn it on or is it automatic. It's been working for the last 8 months and now kinda lost. Thanks for the upcoming feedback.

codeman71 03-04-2010 07:18 AM

Do you mean the Bluetooth for phone or Bluetooth for music? They are 2 separate modules. Both are always on and you cannot turn them off.

The Bluetooth for music is in the PDIM, which can sometimes get locked up, which may cause the Bluetooth to not connect up automatically. If you have a USB stick with some MP3s on it, you could connect it up to see if it plays the files. If it does, then the PDIM is working properly and you should be able to connect to the Bluetooth (GMusicConnect) without any problems.

If you are having problems with the Bluetooth for your phone, then there is either something wrong with the OnStar module, or else something on your phone. Try rebooting your phone or deleting General Motors from your phone and repair it to the vehicle.

StrangeMan 03-04-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlc9193 (Post 1544331)
For the last few days my bluetooth on the radio doesn't come on. Is there away to turn it on or is it automatic. It's been working for the last 8 months and now kinda lost. Thanks for the upcoming feedback.

If you are talking about the phone, be sure your phone bluetooth is on. I know if I turn my phone off and back on, the bluetooth is off by default.

Striker785 04-04-2010 06:47 AM

I am having the same problem with my phone. I have an LG Dare(if that makes a difference) and it has linked to my camaro no problem for the last 9 months and just recently I have been having a problem with my phone and camaro linking up. I will be listening to music(either by xm, fm radio, or by ipod usb, i've tried all scenarios) and it will ring through my speakers(like before) but when i hit the phone button to answer, it cuts out and goes back to the music i had playing. The call is still connected on my phone but i am not able to talk through my phone either. Any suggestions?

dreamst8 04-12-2010 10:44 PM

Bluetooth Answering, but totally silent, but can make calls fine..

New Camaro a few weeks ago, paired my Samsung Eternity via B/T, now when calls come in, I can use the knob on the radio to answer or the answer function on the steering wheel, it answers, but is dead silent. The other end also hears nothing and the phone shows connected. So I have to hang up and return the call. When I hang up, I usually have to punch the phone button on the mirror and it confirms "Call Ended". Its frustrating when work calls (since I am on the road all day) and I have to call back and figure out who called me. I can call and use the phone as it should if I initiate the call. Its only on INCOMING calls... any insight? I took it to my dealer, they had no service bulletins or info how to repair and suggested I take it to the Call Phone Company... well we all know that going to them is not going to fix this issue!