Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Ask Detailer's Domain (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100053)

DetailersDomain 08-11-2010 07:03 PM

Ask Detailer's Domain

We are happy to be a part of CAMARO5, so please let us know if you have anything you would like to see, suggestions, comments, etc. are welcome and invited.

We have found having this thread is great for forum members.

Let me know what's on your mind, how to apply something, tech questions on detailing?

I will try to answer it the best I can also welcome others to answer as well.

How to navigate - Detailer's Domain

Take a look you can do quite a bit on our site

Did you know -
- You can register at Detailer's Domain to get updates on your orders, order history, and create a wish list.
- You can Like Us on Facebook
- You can Follow Us on Twitter
- You can visit our Blog for news on detailing, see our detailing write ups, and more.
- We now have the Deal of the Day as well
- Also please subscribe to our mailing list to get exclusive deals and updates

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...dnavigate1.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...8gb/ddnav2.jpg

Adam's Polishes 08-11-2010 07:23 PM

Bump for my boy Phil... hes a great detailer and stand up guy. He can definitely contribute a lot to this site with his expertise and advice.

svrds10 08-11-2010 07:27 PM

I have heard a lot of good things about you Phil. Glad to see you have joined the Camaro5 forums. Always nice to see another experienced car detailer around here offering up his experience and knowledge to others. :)

Mr. Wyndham 08-11-2010 07:29 PM

Welcome to the site, it's great to have you!! :clap:

I'm kinda curious what can be used to clean gray cloth seats. Over the course of a couple years -- the cloth has gained this brown hue from the not-so-clean conditions I work in. (It's not brown...but you can tell its dirty.)

In addition, there's a charcoal stain (about .5" by .125") on one of the seats...Lord knows how it got there.

You wouldn't happen to know of any miracle product or method to fix this, would you?

code3 ss 08-11-2010 07:29 PM

Wow! Great to see u on this forum. Q. Is there any possible way to remove epoxy glue that is dried up on the paint without damaging the paint job? Colorsand? Wax?

2LTRS 08-12-2010 12:08 AM

Welcome Abord C5 Phil!

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 07:53 AM

thanks guys!

code3 ss, what about trying 3m adhesive remover. once you take it off be sure to polish and wax the area, the 3m will remove all the protection and may leave a slight haze in the paint, but you can polish it out.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2208926)
Welcome to the site, it's great to have you!! :clap:

I'm kinda curious what can be used to clean gray cloth seats. Over the course of a couple years -- the cloth has gained this brown hue from the not-so-clean conditions I work in. (It's not brown...but you can tell its dirty.)

In addition, there's a charcoal stain (about .5" by .125") on one of the seats...Lord knows how it got there.

You wouldn't happen to know of any miracle product or method to fix this, would you?

hmmm have you tried Adam's Carpet Upholstery Cleaner?

Viral 08-12-2010 02:57 PM

Hey Phil, question - my wife's acadia has a spill/stain on her leather seat. It appears to be glitter glue of some sort (no doubt from a daycare project that hadn't completely dried before taking it home). None of my normal leather cleaners & conditioners (Zymol, Zaino, Adams) made a dent.

Any ideas on what would be strong enough to dissolve the glue, but not harm the leather? I'm reluctant to just start randomly trying things. Thanks!

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:01 PM

is it just a small spot?

Viral 08-12-2010 03:27 PM

Yes, pretty small. I'd say half a dime sized spot with 1 or 2 even smaller specks by it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been able to pry it up with my fingernail, but it's on there strong and I don't want to stretch or tear the leather.

xBlackout_Camaro 08-12-2010 03:29 PM

I use the "ice" wax its a synthetic, i was wondering how long i should leave it on before rubbing off?
Thanks

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viral (Post 2212193)
Yes, pretty small. I'd say half a dime sized spot with 1 or 2 even smaller specks by it. I'm honestly surprised I haven't been able to pry it up with my fingernail, but it's on there strong and I don't want to stretch or tear the leather.

you can probably put a tiny bit of 3m adhesive remover on a towel and gently wipe it off, then clean it and condition it with a good leather product.

DetailersDomain 08-12-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro (Post 2212203)
I use the "ice" wax its a synthetic, i was wondering how long i should leave it on before rubbing off?
Thanks

xblackout not sure what does the directions say on it, I have not used ICE yet.