Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Order Allocations!? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38567)

FatMaro 08-21-2009 03:15 PM

Order Allocations!?

Okay, I know for one that I have NO patients whatsoever. But I figured at least by now my car would be in 'some kind of stage'. It has been one month to the day that my camaro was ordered (or so I'm told from the dealership) So I figured heh.. why not give a call and see if there are any UPDATES? Apparently my camaro hasn't even been processed!:bs: and as far as GM is considered.. dont even know about my car yet. I was told that the 'allocation process' has completely screwed up the now longer than expected wait for my camaro. He told me over the phone that he has to sell and buy more cars before even looking into processing peoples orders...... what the hell does this mean exactly!!!??? :mad0260: Thanks for any kind of input in advance.

CloudXTC 08-21-2009 03:24 PM

dude.... if its anything i learnt... dont call GM customer service... lady told me i was at 1107 and it was accepted by gm and will will get a build date at 2000...

looking on the forums... the event codes mean nothing of the sort... i called my dealer which then put me over to the sales manager (dealer knows nothing abt event codes)... and so he explained to me to never call GM CS just call him... he told me i was still sitting at 1100 and GM will accept my order next week tuesday whcih will put me 2000 and still looking at a oct delivery...

hope this helps... call your dealer and ask for the sales manager and get a workbench form... it will tell you atleast if you are at 1100...

hope this helps.

ffrcobra_65 08-21-2009 03:25 PM

It means there are other orders in front of you and your dealer only gets a few allocations per whatever.
Or your order is merely written on a piece of paper and not even in the system and every time someone walks in and wants to order a Camaro and is willing to offer more than you offered, he leap frogs right over you and his gets entered in the system and gets grabbed on the dealer's next allocation. Or your dealer simply is not getting any more allocations and they have no idea when.
Time to find another dealer.

mikel441 08-21-2009 03:28 PM

Only a month? WAAAhh! there are people here who ordered last October that have not been built. No sympathy here bro!! But sounds like your dealer is clueless anyways. Find another or like the rest of us wait.

FatMaro 08-21-2009 03:28 PM

so blown.. was suppose to be a September delivery.. then October.. now.. who knows.. thanks for the input guys..