Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Music via Bluetooth (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196389)

TA2D50 01-18-2012 06:47 PM

Music via Bluetooth

How do I play music from my iPhone4 in the car via Bluetooth?

Wijns07 01-18-2012 06:56 PM

It's easy.

1. Make sure you phone is synched. (I.E so that you can make calls via blue-tooth.)
2. Then all you have to do is press the CD Auxiliary button on your Stereo
3. Then you press the menu button (Button inside the Right Turning Knob)
4. Select your device
5. Then select your phone as the device
6. You are now all set to play your tunes via blue-tooth
7. I don't think that the steering controls will change your songs etc...but it's still a lot easier than plugging the phone in via cable.

TA2D50 01-18-2012 06:56 PM

TA2D50 01-18-2012 06:57 PM

Thanks!!!

P3SAR 01-18-2012 07:27 PM

The owner's manual walks through it step by step. Pretty easy overall.

jeffa 01-19-2012 01:00 AM

Works OK, but on my Droid Bionic, it drops the Bluetooth connection each time one song is over and the next song is buffering. I have to resync the phone after each song....not good.

Cant wait till I get my aftermarket unit with a Scosche kit installed.....no more dropped streaming audio issues.

pcrdude 01-19-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wijns07 (Post 4340140)
It's easy.

1. Make sure you phone is synched. (I.E so that you can make calls via blue-tooth.)
4. Select your device
7. I don't think that the steering controls will change your songs etc...but it's still a lot easier than plugging the phone in via cable.

But how do you initiate playing the music? Do you have to start the music by pushing "play" on the phone, or is there a button on the head unit that will start play using the AVRCP protocol?

ballistic 01-19-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcrdude (Post 4342523)
But how do you initiate playing the music? Do you have to start the music by pushing "play" on the phone, or is there a button on the head unit that will start play using the AVRCP protocol?

You can either press play from your device or press the up or down buton on the steering wheel control. I can change songs thru my steering wheel buttons. I have a droid tho, idk if that makes a difference.

KidKilowatt 01-22-2012 03:01 AM

I can use the steering wheel controls with iPhone.

Big Top Gt 01-22-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcrdude (Post 4342523)

I can't get my Bionic to connect at all.

I have to use a wire that constantly gets caught in the center console open/close lever. :(

Vesper 01-30-2012 09:11 PM

Bluetooth Music

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wijns07 (Post 4340140)
It's easy.

4. Select your device

I have a 2012 2LS and have my iPhone 4 paired to make phone calls and it works great. If I press the CD/AUX button it shows "No Aux Device" and if I hit "Menu" after that, it does nothing. If I connect my iPhone using a 3.5mm jack it recognizes my "Audio Device" and plays music but still does not do anything if I hit menu to Pair Bluetooth. I have watched several Youtube Videos and seem to be stuck...

Jason@JacFab 01-30-2012 09:19 PM

I was under the impression you could not play music over the Bluetooth connection, only make phone calls... Or can you? Does this have something to do with whether or not the car is equipped with the PDIM?

I'm interested to know this because I just got my new Onstar box w/ bluetooth in the mail today... If I can play music on it also, that would be awesome!

Powhusku 01-30-2012 09:53 PM

Yes it can play music through the Bluetooth. However, the audio quality is noticably different, and not in a good way. I've found that plugging it in directly via the USB port in the center consol gives you much better audio quality.

chevy 3 01-31-2012 06:16 AM

My iphone4 seams to work great. Music or phone calls with blue tooth. Just lucky I guess
I just uploaded an app called car dock and it really made song and phone calls Easyer.