Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The "Random Things You May Not Know About Your Car" Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107447)

Jshadow 09-24-2010 09:22 AM

The "Random Things You May Not Know About Your Car" Thread

Well I don't think I've ever seen a thread like this on these forums yet (sorry if there is one) but lets start a thread naming things you may not know about the car.

Now the rules are pretty simple. It can be anything about the car. Fun Facts (or FF's as Dane Cook would say) to "how to's", or just plain general knowledge. Because sometimes general knowledge to you is a whole new world to some of us lol.

I'll start it off with something I just learned.

Quick Edit- If you have a cool thing to share post that part in BOLD it'll make it easier for everyone to see!

FF- If you slightly tap down your left/right blinkers they will blink for about 3 seconds then turn off. That way if your just changing lanes you don't have to worry about turning the blinker off

BackinBlackSS/RS 09-24-2010 09:25 AM

This will be a great thread!!!! Nice!! :thumbsup: Probably should be a sticky once lots of info starts pouring in. I did know about the blinker.

stormricker 09-24-2010 09:27 AM

This is a great idea.....and nice first tip BTW.

The paint code is under the mat in the trunk...at the bottom.

cam fan 09-24-2010 09:31 AM

If you rev to the red line for over 10 seconds chuck norris will appear

AlohaBR 09-24-2010 09:35 AM

I did NOT know that about the blinker, will have to try when I get home, Thanks!

Tee304 09-24-2010 09:35 AM

If you have a brochure from the dealer and an early [production] Camaro, you will NOT have the rear parking assist feature that IS checked off on the 2LT and 2SS.

I know b/c I called Chevy and b*tched about how I didn't have it. I was a preorder from October 2008. My brochure assured me it was a feature but didn't receive it.

Again, if you have a very early off the assembly 2010 Camaro, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REAR PARKING ASSIST FEATURE that the NEWER 2010 Camaros have.

I tried to complain about it but they apologized and said it was something they forgot to take out of the early brochures. The newer Camaros do have that feature.

GB EB 09-24-2010 09:51 AM

:popcorn:

ihaveacamaro 09-24-2010 09:58 AM

The "SS" moniker means super sport and the "RS" moniker means rally sport.

If you have fog lights, and a NON-RS, you can have both headlights and fogs on by pressing the fog light button. If you have an RS, this is not possible.

peele1 09-24-2010 10:02 AM

If you hold down the traction control button for about 5 seconds, it will not only turn off T/C but Stabilitrak as well

MillerTime 09-24-2010 10:08 AM

RS is not a trim level...it is a vehicle option package. Trim levels are LS LT and SS.

Amenti 09-24-2010 10:11 AM

If your Camaro is equipped with a USB port and an Auxiliary Port, you can plug both of them into most Smartphones and play music through either. Who needs XM?

For the USB music to work, the music must be stored in the default directory of the phone (not in a sub-folder); Pandora Radio and I-Heart-Radio are good, free options for the Auxiliary port.

In this configuration, the phone will also continue to charge while it's plugged in; so, you don't have to worry about the batteries dying.

Michelle42780 09-24-2010 10:15 AM

I normally do the half hold thing with the blinker, so when I let off it stops. But I accidentally tapped it the other day and realized what it did, I was like "Hey, WTH?". Then tried the tap thing when changing lanes on the highway. Score! lol

For automatics; while in M mode, if you hold the up-shift button for a few seconds it goes back into S mode (no shifting in S).

PQ 09-24-2010 10:16 AM

I recently found out the car can play music through blue tooth. Common knowlege Im sure, but it was pretty cool for me.

Oh, and if you leave your turn signal on too long the car will beep. :rolleyes:

Michelle42780 09-24-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMParts (Post 2365284)
In an automatic,while driving in D if you tap the tap shift it goes to manual for like 30 seconds.

That seems to be only on the 2011 models. From what I've read on other threads. Just mentioning.