Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I’m not sure how you garage queens / storage people do it! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266328)

nyrfan 12-17-2012 01:19 PM

I’m not sure how you garage queens / storage people do it!

My Camaro is not my DD, the only reason is there is major construction (building a new road and overpass) by my job that will continue for the next year. With that said I still risk it and drive it to work once or twice a week. I cannot wait for this construction to be done!

The days I don’t drive my Camaro to and from work sucks, it so boring. When I get home I find any reason to take it out for a run, whether it be a spirited drive, a trip to Home Depot, a gas run whatever, I just have to drive it.

I cannot understand having this beauty and just driving it on the weekends or having it in storage for months. Life is too short not to enjoy this bad boy:happyanim:!

Rant over:headbang:

Troy TrackBeast 12-17-2012 01:21 PM

I couldnt agree more! My Dad is the worlds worst, has a 2011 C6 with less than 1000 miles on it....I just dont get it.

blazzin1 12-17-2012 01:26 PM

Well, we ALL can't live in Orlando, FL!!!! My car is in storage (in my garage) for a good 5 months out of the year. Yes, it sucks! But I get plenty of time to work on mods, and get ready for the next Summer. Plus, I don't drive it on rainy days either. It's mainly a weekend cruiser....and I like it that way!!! I've had my car since June 2009, and she only has 5,200 miles on it now!!!!

Angrybird 12 12-17-2012 01:37 PM

I don't understand why people just let their cars sit around collecting dust and cobwebs. I spent 30k for my convertible and I'm not gonna let it sit around a lot. I am retired and top up or down I love driving it. Who knows when fate will step in and you can no longer drive. When I had my 2010 I was diagnosed with cancer, undergoing chemo for 6 months I was unable to drive it and I could hardly stand it. I was lucky and came through it and decided to get the Convertible and enjoy it as much as I can while I can.
I have an older brother that accidentally tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He is now partially paralyzed and hasn't driven in over 3 years. Just goes to show that you never know what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy life while you can.

mattsfirstSS 12-17-2012 01:41 PM

my outlook changed after my first rock chip. I was paranoid, didnt drive many places, parked almost no where. Got my rock chip out of the way and that was it, it was now just a car. The idea of the car god died with the chip of paint on the highway somewhere.

PalmerGA 12-17-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5926973)
I don't understand why people just let their cars sit around collecting dust and cobwebs. I spent 30k for my convertible and I'm not gonna let it sit around a lot. I am retired and top up or down I love driving it. Who knows when fate will step in and you can no longer drive. When I had my 2010 I was diagnosed with cancer, undergoing chemo for 6 months I was unable to drive it and I could hardly stand it. I was lucky and came through it and decided to get the Convertible and enjoy it as much as I can while I can.
I have an older brother that accidentally tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He is now partially paralyzed and hasn't driven in over 3 years. Just goes to show that you never know what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy life while you can.

AMEN, Brother Bird! And glad you beat the monster.
:thumbup:

Ehmsea 12-17-2012 03:30 PM

Mine has been in the garage under a cover for about a month now. It is killing me not drive it (no snow yet, but should be some soon). It also sucks not being able to see it either (under the cover). Maybe I'll unwrap it on Christmas morning!!! that would be awesome!

:)

RickGM 12-17-2012 03:46 PM

Come on guys, it's a car. It's designed to be driven. No one likes the thought of winter road salt getting everywhere but it isn't going to destroy your car. We've all paid good money for our pride and joy cars so why not get the maximum pleasure from them. Maybe a different story if your roads are snowed over for 3 months but in the UK it's rare for us to have 3 days like that!

Congrats Angrybird 12 for getting through that horrible disease.

v6sonoma 12-17-2012 04:01 PM

I still enjoy it just in smaller doses. :) I've had my 2010 since september 2009 and have 13K on it so it's not like it's always parked. I'd rather not kill it by driving it in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 mins each way to work or watching it die a slow rusty death due to the salt and snow around here.

Fortunately I recently got a new job closer to home so I took advantage of being able to park in a covered garage and took it to work a few times until packing it away for the winter. :( but he'll be out to play in a few months and he'll probably have a few new parts when he does. :D

rberns 12-17-2012 04:13 PM

Mine has been in storage for 1 month so far and I got 4 more to go. Right now we got a winter storm watch in affect for most of Iowa. I don't want to deal with the sand or the salt and have my car rust. I plan on keeping this car for my entire life and I am only 26. Only have 2900 miles and owned it for 18 months. One way I cope with storage in the winter is mods. Right now I am waiting for the UPS man to show up right now with my American Racing long tube headers.

jd10013 12-17-2012 04:57 PM

sitting in traffic moving 2-5Mph is no more fun in my camaro than my DD

Deke736 12-17-2012 05:02 PM

I made this same thread when I got my SS last year! I was on vacation for a week and I could hardly stand it! I couldn't imagine having a car just sit in my garage just to look at. I actually had a Corvette before I bought my ZL1 and the main reason I sold it was because I only drove it twice after I bought my 2011 Camaro SS. I drive mine year round, and I plan to do the same with my ZL1. I already have my winter tires on it ready for the white stuff (if we get any). Cars are meant to be driven, so I drive them!

midnighter 12-17-2012 05:12 PM

I just put a big mustache on mine for the spiders to live in.

C5RocksC5 12-17-2012 05:15 PM

I put a 10ft xmas tree on the roof of my Camaro 2 weekends ago. :)