Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Long Tubes + Corsa... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82940)

Ace 05-12-2010 09:40 AM

Long Tubes + Corsa...

For those of you with that setup, hows it been driving? I have a Corsa now and I am in line to get long tubes and a cam. I had the chance to hear a Camaro with that exact setup and it was pretty loud. It was in a huge bay garage so I am sure that amplified the sound somewhat. I am really just concerned with the noise while normal around town driving. Didn't know if it gets too loud inside the cabin. If so, I may be looking at putting the stock cat back on. Thanks!

duffmobile 05-12-2010 11:18 AM

It's only really loud on cold startup and WOT. Honestly driving around with the windows up and just going through town you can barely tell it's on. It sounds good but definitely not obnoxious.

I have an L99 with the LS3 corsa. It's way louder than the L99 corsa but make sure you tune out AFM.

alssiri 05-12-2010 11:21 AM

I had corsa with LT no cats & it was realy loud :facepalm: dont know how it will sound with cats :iono: hope someone with the same setup will give you more info.

Ahmad

2010 SSRS 05-12-2010 11:31 AM

this is the setup I am getting, I was hoping it was going to be way louder than the factory exhaust.

DrewJitsu 05-12-2010 12:40 PM

I have Corsa Cat-Back with Kooks LTH w/ cats and it sounds great (tuned out afm), quiet inside the cabin unless you get on it.

I dont have a custom cam though...

AlSuwaidi 05-12-2010 12:48 PM

sounds good.. go for it!

FSTORG5 05-12-2010 12:57 PM

I have this set up: CAI/L99 Corsa/LT/cats . One of the reasons I went LT was the Corsa was too tame. LTs really wake things up but as duffmobile said, crusing with windows up it is noticable but not a problem at all. Radio volume on 8-10 with no issues. Start up and WOT are a different story :) In town with windows down is a great growl. But I think if you were meeting on the street and passing by it may be pretty loud for the other cars. Under a little accelleration you can hear it bounce off them as they pass. I would like to hear it from that point of view but have been able to let myself have someone else drive her yet :)

Ace 05-12-2010 09:05 PM

Thanks guys...I think I am just going to have to wait until I get the work done to hear it myself. I'm thinking the longtube headers with the Borla Touring exhaust may be a good combo along with the cam...it will have a nice lope to it but still have a deeper tone to it. The Corsa combo I'm thinking might be a little too raspy...I don't know if I can pay for another catback exhaust though!

Bentley78 05-12-2010 09:44 PM

I have this setup, it sounds great. Corsas are week by themselves, LT's really made a diff. WOT and it sounds like a dang NASCAR.

Sully 05-12-2010 11:14 PM

i've herd this setup and it is pretty loud, in a good way in my opinion (well, without the cats, so i assume it'll be a lil quieter) what headers are you going with?

anyone found a longtube and catback combo that doesnt throw codes and doesnt need to be tuned?

duffmobile 05-13-2010 11:27 AM

Here's my setup.

Zeus95 05-13-2010 12:04 PM

I have heard Duffmobile's set up and it SWEET !!! I can't wait to get mt LT Headers on and tune !!

longbeachss2010 05-13-2010 01:06 PM

i have one question. adding headers will void your warranty or no.

Dave Coyle 05-13-2010 01:23 PM

To the last question, no, it will not void your warranty. To the first post question, I have the exact system you are talking about and I love it. I have the L99 and it is really quiet on normal driving but once you stand on it, she sound like a full blow race exhaust. I was at the C5 Fest and had a few people come up to me after making a pass down the strip and ask what exhaust I was running because they really loved the sound and wanted to get it for their car. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!