Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Detailing Newbie Quesitons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152666)

josephs8 06-13-2011 08:47 PM

Detailing Newbie Quesitons

So, ive been watching a lot of videos and reading information about detailing my car. It will be here very soon and I am trying to get the best understanding of what I need, and what I need to do. Ive kinda complied a list of things that i need I was wondering if you think this is overkill, or not enough or perfect? I'm not professionally showing my car I just want it to look hot.

My List:
Wheels:
All Purpose Cleaner/Wheel Cleaner
Brush For Wheels/Wells
Detail Brush

Exhaust Pipes
All Purpose Cleaner
Detail Brush
Brush

Windows
Glass Cleaner

Exterior (Paint)
Clay Bar
Wash Bucket w/ grit guard
Polish
Pads/Applicator
Micro Fiber Cloths
Micro Fiber Drying Cloths
Detail Spray
Wax

Interior
Carpet Cleaner
Leather Cleaner
All purpose Cleaner

How does my list look am I missing anything? Or something that I dont need? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks everyone.

Adam's Polishes 06-13-2011 08:50 PM

You've got your basics covered... only thing I see missing is a tire/trim dressing other than that you've got a nice shopping list there.

josephs8 06-13-2011 09:05 PM

Dylan one question I do have is would you recommend the Wash mitt , or the wash pads?

2010camarolt 06-13-2011 09:12 PM

you might want to get a second wash bucket with grit guard most of us here to a two bucket wash

Sir Nuke 06-14-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010camarolt (Post 3335816)
you might want to get a second wash bucket with grit guard most of us here to a two bucket wash

:word: yeah, what he said......TWO buckets w/ grit gaurds to properly do the two bucket wash method.

josephs8 06-14-2011 07:27 AM

Thank you. That makes slot of sense. I live in an apartment so I am going to have tomdo this as the car wash but I figure I'll just use the high pressure hose and the buckets to clean it there.

Iwantone2 06-14-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josephs8 (Post 3335791)
Dylan one question I do have is would you recommend the Wash mitt , or the wash pads?

How about both? :D

You're going to need seperate wash mitts/pads for top half and bottom half of your car anyways.

josephs8 06-14-2011 09:40 AM

Why do you use two different ones for the top and bottom ofthe car?

RanDMC 06-14-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josephs8 (Post 3337214)
Why do you use two different ones for the top and bottom ofthe car?

Because the bottom of the car gets dirtier. If you use the top mit on just the top of the car you won't risk getting all the dirt from the bottom of the car swirling the paint.