Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   NKorea threatens US (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29136)

moto-camaro 06-24-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 616186)
We will have to be watching the Koreans along with the middle easterns. Terrorism would be a problem, mark my word with that many of them already in the U.S. it would be hard to watch all of them. Remember what they did while flying planes??? KAMIKAZE

...wasn't that the japanese?

edit: oops, high school history kicked in. former japanese province :o

drivingincamaro 06-24-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moto-camaro (Post 616201)
...wasn't that the japanese?

edit: oops, high school history kicked in. former japanese province :o

yes late in the war when all of the good jap pilots were expended , they sent out the bad pilots or inexperiance Japanese pilots to fly into the us ships

does north Korea Realize we have most of the world is our ally?

if they attack us it will be a huge mistake for NK

2010SLVRBULIT 06-24-2009 02:49 PM

kim's just upset he hasn't gotten his '08 pre-ordered Camaro yet...:facepalm:

MrIcky 06-24-2009 02:51 PM

As someone else said, they are always threatening something. And it seems like whenever they make a threat some concession is made. They're already sanctioned to the stone-age. They can't feed their people. It's the most isolated country on Earth (really-not an exaggeration in this case). Their population is isolated and indoctrinated enough to believe that they are a threat to the Western World because that's what they're told. The population believes they fought the west to a standstill in the 50's. It's all just posturing so that Kim Jong Il can tell his people he has to be hard because of the bad guys across the sea.

FxsX24 06-24-2009 02:54 PM

kim is upset that he has a girls name

anyone seen behind enemy lines 2? i for see it happening

CanadianRocky 06-24-2009 02:54 PM

The two biggest threats in the world today are Pakistan and North Korea.

It shocks me to no end how little the west knows about them.

"Bring it?" - well, you just sentenced 25,000 Americans to death. And untold South Koreans.

"There boned" - of course they are, but the collateral damage will be significant.

"i wonder if they realize America has a missile defense shield" - they don't care.

"Terrorism would be a problem" - The vast majority of Koreans in the west are from South Korea, and they hate the North Korean regim, and the few of the North Koreans that have gotten out, probably thank God every day that they did.

This is not the USSR before the wall fell.

This is Hitler in the bunker in 1945 when he knew he has lost and condemned his country to ruin rather than surrender. The difference is that there was no fight left in the Germans, the army was in ruin, he was out of gas, and he did not have nukes.

Zabo 06-24-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT (Post 616260)
kim's just upset he hasn't gotten his '08 pre-ordered Camaro yet...:facepalm:

Or in their native tongue "His glorious leader Kim Jong Il's fire chariot of doom which will smite it's very creators from the face of the illustrious leader Kim Il Sung's world"

:facepalm:

IRREBBITAL! IRREBBITAL! GAWD CWEEN YA FUKKEN EAHS!

PQ 06-24-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 616231)
does north Korea Realize we have most of the world is our ally?

That is a big assumption.

And please realize that a nuclear war over seas between even two small countries would have devestating effects worldwide. Economic effects that we can't afford right now.

MrIcky 06-24-2009 03:48 PM

Well although there are some differences of opinions on how big a threat N. Korea is in this thread; I think it's safe to say I'm glad I'm not in S. Korea right now.

NK is just not a country that's amenable to diplomatic solutions. I still believe it's all posture for their own ignorant populaces sake- but I don't want to test my theory. I'm really torn on this one, a big part of me says they need to enforce the sanctions and stop the ship before it gets to Burma. However if I were in Seoul right now, I'm not sure how flip I'd be about that one. It does seem like whenever push comes to shove the west backs down though which just emboldens Tiny Elvis to make more idiotic statements. Eventually the US won't be able to back down on the embargo and Tiny Elvis won't be able to either.

Number 3 06-24-2009 04:25 PM

Well first he has to have an "enemy" to rally his people around. Why do you think they tolerate starving every day of their existence? He has us to blame and they buy it.

2nd, I have this theory......there are the weapons we see on TV and those are really cool. And it is really nice when they show us a "test" of shooting a missile down with a laser or something cool. Makes for good TV. Then there are the weapons they DON'T show you. Those are the ones that let me sleep at night.

There was a book out several years ago about Kelly Johnson's year running the Lockheed Skunkworks. The "Stealth Fighter" was proven to be invisible to radar in 1977. It flew in 1979. We found out about it in 1991 during the Gulf War. Likely because they finally decided to use it, more likely because it was old tech. Total secret for 12 years in service.

So based on what they DO show us project what they DON'T show us.

So as Hockeystick said, "bring it".

GothamCamaro 06-24-2009 04:34 PM

It's the crazy ones that I worry about, regardless when we have the muscle, a crazy leader can act right when we turn our head elsewhere.

Something is going to happen, eventually he'll stop barking and make a mistake... I'm just wondering... when?

PQ 06-24-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamCamaro (Post 616683)
It's the crazy ones that I worry about, regardless when we have the muscle, a crazy leader can act right when we turn our head elsewhere.

Something is going to happen, eventually he'll stop barking and make a mistake... I'm just wondering... when?

Dec. 2012 :laugh:

MrIcky 06-24-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 616698)
Dec. 2012 :laugh:

LOL yup.

dayvedayve 06-24-2009 04:58 PM

Kim is just "Ronry, oh so Ronry"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo9Zgfndtak