Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Camaro Turn Signal LEDs *Switchback Options*! Same-Day Shipping! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308116)

Diode Dynamics 07-19-2013 11:54 AM

Camaro Turn Signal LEDs *Switchback Options*! Same-Day Shipping!

Please note: switchback functionality is only for the non-RS, because the RS does not have a dual-function bulb. We will be releasing a plug-and-play switchback conversion for the RS in the future

Click to order or for more information:

Camaro Front Turn Signal LEDs
Camaro Rear Turn Signal LEDs

We offer a number of LED options for your front and rear turn signal bulbs!

Rear Turn Signal
: First, choose your color. You should select the color which matches the reflector housing. If there is no reflector, you can choose the color you prefer. Then, choose your brightness!

Front Turn Signal
: We only list amber bulbs for the front turn signal, as well as switchback, if applicable (more details below). This is because other colors, such as white and red, are not legal for front turn signal use.

SMD60:
Equal brightness as OEM factory bulbs, with the crisp, modern instant on/off of LED technology.
HP60: Much brighter than OEM bulbs, with the crisp, modern instant on/off of LED technology.

These are bright!
The stage 1 single-color bulb has 27 5050-size SMDs. The stage 2 single-color bulb has four 1.5W chips along with one forward-firing 5W CREE chip. The switchback stage 1 uses 30 amber and 30 white 1210 SMD chips, while the stage 2 switchback uses 60 dual-color 3528 chips.The bulbs use an exact terminal and will fit as a replacement for stock incandescant. All bulbs use less power and heat than the stock bulbs, and will last longer than your vehicle. Our LEDs use only the best components and are of the highest quality.
The bulbs are designed for exceptional heat dispersion, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity or voltage surge. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Hyperblink Fix: The turn signals on most vehicles will begin to blink fast (hyperblink) when LED bulbs are installed. This is because LEDs use less power than the original bulbs, so your vehicle thinks that the bulb is out. There are two ways to fix this:

Resistor Kit: This is a universal way to fix the issue, and will work for any vehicle. By adding a resistor to the bulb's circuit, you can mimic the power consumption of the original bulb, and return the vehicle to normal turn signal speed. The installation takes 10-15 minutes, and involves making two simple connections. Everything you need is included in the kit. If you have both front and rear LED turn signals, you usually only need one set of resistors, on the front or rear, to create enough resistance for the turn signal circuit.

Switchback Option: For the Camaro you can use a specialty bulb known as "Switchback." This bulb is only suitable for front turn signals, with a dual filament bulb (1157, 3157, 7443, etc), when there is a clear reflector. Normally, your front turn signal lights up half power amber when you turn on your headlights, and flashes full power amber when the turn signal is activated. By using this dual-filament design, along with an integrated controller chip in the bulb, you can get a very cool effect: the switchback bulb lights up white when your headlights are turned on, and flashes amber when you use the turn signals. When you switch the turn signal off, it "switches back" to white. This allows you to gain a uniform white appearance in the front of the vehicle at night, while still having amber turn signals.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty. For more information, please view the FAQ guide.

Click to order or for more information:

*Please note Our angel Eye size is larger than the set from the video/pictures*

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

christianmotox 07-19-2013 12:03 PM

Do you have any bulbs with integrated resistors?

Diode Dynamics 07-19-2013 12:06 PM

No,

Unfortunately, bulbs with integrated resistors do not exist. The heat generated by the resistor would cause the LED bulb to fail.

Nick C.

christianmotox 07-19-2013 04:07 PM

Interesting, i swear ive seen turn signal bulbs that dont require an external resistor, dont know if they have one integrated or what. But ive seen them.

Diode Dynamics 07-19-2013 04:21 PM

Sorry, if they were out there we would have them. You will always need to use an external resistor to slow down hyperblinking. You cannot put adequate resistance into the bulb itself due to size and heat limitations. We've been doing this for a while! We have all the different replacement flashers, etc, to avoid using resistors, but unfortunately you can't use a replacement flasher on the Camaro.

Paul

richard200593 07-20-2013 10:21 PM

So I could be wrong, but I beleive last time I was interested In these the switchbacks would work for non rs and for rs models you needed to use the resistor, is this still the case or is the stage 2 switchback a direct plug and play for the rs models?

Diode Dynamics 07-22-2013 09:18 AM

If you want to slow down the blinking speed, you'll need resistors for either model. This is because the LEDs use less power than factory- there's no way around that.

The non-RS has the dual color functionality, but the RS only has a single-filament bulb, because the halo is your driving light. So you cannot get this effect on the RS... yet ;) We'll be releasing a plug-and-play RS switchback mod soon!

Paul

richard200593 07-22-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics (Post 6806112)
If you want to slow down the blinking speed, you'll need resistors for either model. This is because the LEDs use less power than factory- there's no way around that.

The non-RS has the dual color functionality, but the RS only has a single-filament bulb, because the halo is your driving light. So you cannot get this effect on the RS... yet ;) We'll be releasing a plug-and-play RS switchback mod in a couple weeks!

Paul

guess ill be waiting a couple weeks than! ive been looking for switchbacks for a while and will definitely be ordering once released thank you very much!

Diode Dynamics 07-23-2013 12:23 PM

OK, keep an eye out! We just need an RS to test and take a couple good pictures :)

Paul

zcorvette04 07-23-2013 01:19 PM

Do you ship to APOs and how much would it be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diode Dynamics 07-23-2013 02:34 PM

Yes, APOs and U.S. Territories are part of our domestic $5 flat rate shipping per order.

Thanks!
Paul

zcorvette04 07-23-2013 03:01 PM

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moyn 07-23-2013 06:27 PM

do these happen to come in a switchback Amber/Amber.... or do you sell anything that would stay amber.
I have an IOM car, and have Amber Halo's. so having Amber all around works for me. i don't really need it to be White parking lights, than Amber for the turn signal. i'm good with it being Amber all the time

Diode Dynamics 07-23-2013 07:17 PM

That sounds like our regular turn signals! Just choose "amber" color instead of switchback on our site. The stage 2 bulb is brighter than factory, and very nice!

http://bit.ly/12P2uDU

Thanks,
Paul