Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Official 2010 Camaro Ordering Guide for Reference (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7787)

Rodrunner 11-05-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 167832)
Yeah. If anyone who buys a 2SS just hates leather, Ill trade ya. No Problemo.

And can somebody tell me if you can get remote start on a 1SS? Is it part of the convenience and connectivity package?

The remote start comes only with the 6-speed automatic transmission w/TAPshift - code MXO. That tranny is available on all models, LS thru SS for $995.

:blackvertshift: 2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

a6pk2go 11-05-2008 11:17 PM

I don't need heated leather seats but thought about getting leather. Does the cloth seats come with the SS emblem in it. I was going with a 2LT RS loaded but I'm thinking more and more about just going after the 1SS and getting the power I want. Like someone else said earlier the cloth seats would keep you in place a little better than sliding all over.

SemperFi 11-05-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a6pk2go (Post 182909)
I don't need heated leather seats but thought about getting leather. Does the cloth seats come with the SS emblem in it. I was going with a 2LT RS loaded but I'm thinking more and more about just going after the 1SS and getting the power I want. Like someone else said earlier the cloth seats would keep you in place a little better than sliding all over.

ehhh. I think leather would actally grip ya better than frikin cloth. Ive never done a whole lot of driving in a cloth seated car tho.

headpunter 11-05-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 182941)
ehhh. I think leather would actally grip ya better than frikin cloth. Ive never done a whole lot of driving in a cloth seated car tho.

depends on the bolsters but cloth can be harder to slide on for most applications.

SemperFi 11-06-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headpunter (Post 182947)
depends on the bolsters but cloth can be harder to slide on for most applications.

thats surprising. i guess it grips better here in texas because as soon as you get it, your back is stuck to the leather by way of sweat. lol.

headpunter 11-06-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SemperFi (Post 182960)
thats surprising. i guess it grips better here in texas because as soon as you get it, your back is stuck to the leather by way of sweat. lol.

well depending on the cloth it can be very hard to slide. if its that fuzzy stuff then yeah it grips alot, if its the fabric in the IVER it may not. it seemed kinda smooth and slippery.

a6pk2go 11-06-2008 01:17 AM

A buddy at work thinks I should put velcro to my butt to hold me in the seat. LOL

So does anyone know if the cloth seats when ordering a 1SS will have SS on the headrest?

TAG UR IT 11-06-2008 02:08 AM

^Nope. From what I remember, you only get the "SS" logos on the headrests when getting the 2SS models.

Anyone else with me on this? This is how I remember it. It has to come on the leather.

Mr. Wyndham 11-06-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 183060)
^Nope. From what I remember, you only get the "SS" logos on the headrests when getting the 2SS models.

Anyone else with me on this? This is how I remember it. It has to come on the leather.

I think it's on all SS models. See the chart (6 up from the bottom) where it mentions "instrumentation".

EDIT: reading comprehension > me....headrests..:bonk:....no. I don't think cloth seating will get the logos either. Though I think they should. It's still an SS for cripes sake!.....:(

a6pk2go 11-06-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 183077)
I think it's on all SS models. See the chart (6 up from the bottom) where it mentions "instrumentation".

EDIT: reading comprehension > me....headrests..:bonk:....no. I don't think cloth seating will get the logos either. Though I think they should. It's still an SS for cripes sake!.....:(

I'm with you there on thinking it SHOULD at least be in the headrest also.

fly 08-03-2009 03:58 PM

Does anybody have an idea what these codes stand for :

DCP
FE9
Q9J
SGC
UQA

I could not find them in the Camaro Ordering Workbook. Thanks

Lydon 08-05-2009 10:16 AM

Does anyone know how long the build process is once it starts? I have looked everywhere for that info and have been unsuccessful. For example, I saw how a Lexus is built on the Discovery channel the other night - I would love to see the same thing for our Camaros or at least know the process.
Thanks.

WildClay 08-12-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly (Post 754060)
Does anybody have an idea what these codes stand for :

DCP
FE9
Q9J
SGC
UQA

I could not find them in the Camaro Ordering Workbook. Thanks

UQA == Boston Accoustics System