Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   BMR 2010 Camaro front driveshaft loop installed pics!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54774)

BMR Sales 12-02-2009 02:00 PM

BMR 2010 Camaro front driveshaft loop installed pics!!!

3 Attachment(s)
Everyone wanted to see some pics of our NHRA legal driveshaft loop installed, well I was finally able to get the car on the lift in preparation for the PRI show in Orlando,FL for our booth. Here are some pics let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks,
Kyle

jrpxxii 12-02-2009 03:24 PM

I got a question. When can I get one? I was beginning to think this was another myth like the varraram.

BMR Sales 12-02-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 1238993)
I got a question. When can I get one? I was beginning to think this was another myth like the varraram.

Nah it's no myth, just been swamped at the shop lately with designing new products and dealing with the holidays and getting our displays and car ready for the PRI show. We are doing our best to get them out next week, but realistically I wouldn't expect them to be ready to ship for two weeks. The price on it is $129.95 and if you would like to preorder one you can by giving us a call at the shop, if you choose to do so you wouldn't be charged till the order was ready to ship.:D

jrpxxii 12-02-2009 04:28 PM

Thanks BMR just ordered mine and will be waiting for everything else you have coming out.

JHart 12-11-2009 11:35 AM

what does the front driveshaft loop do????? sorry for the newb question, all this is new suspension in this camaro is new to me, my trucks suspension is so simple a caveman could take it apart and put it back together.:laugh:

ZZcamaro 12-11-2009 01:05 PM

Another great lookign BMR product....
And yet another addition to our project car. If you would stop making such awesome products I might actually have some money in the bank!!!

Rob@WretchedMS 12-13-2009 03:54 PM

Looks good, are the holes already in the cross member, or do they need to be drilled.

Any other mods required to install?

Mike2ss 12-13-2009 08:19 PM

It looks beautiful, but what is it's purpose?

jrpxxii 12-13-2009 09:42 PM

Purpose is in case your driveshaft snaps it doesnt come through the floorboard and take you out too. Very important safety product if you are adding power to these cars. If a driveshaft snaps it can get very ugly very quick for you and the car.

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 12-14-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 1281106)
Purpose is in case your driveshaft snaps it doesnt come through the floorboard and take you out too. Very important safety product if you are adding power to these cars. If a driveshaft snaps it can get very ugly very quick for you and the car.

I take it this is for the drag strip guys....i've never heard this happening to the daily drivers...cool i guess :iono:

BMR Sales 12-14-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS (Post 1279869)
Looks good, are the holes already in the cross member, or do they need to be drilled.

Any other mods required to install?

All that is needed to install this loop is too drill the two holes in the crossmember, otherwise it is all bolt-in. Takes most people less than an hour to install.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe (Post 1281928)
I take it this is for the drag strip guys....i've never heard this happening to the daily drivers...cool i guess :iono:

I have seen more than my fair share of driveshafts from all kind of vehicles breaking on the street, now most of the time it does happen at the track but it still does and can occur at any time. This piece is definitely more drag strip oriented, but is good for any of you guys make a good bit of power.

ls7camaro 12-14-2009 10:08 PM

GET IT, my buddy lost his leg due to not having this

Jeanius 12-14-2009 10:24 PM

How much RWHP would you say would justify getting this?

ls7camaro 12-14-2009 11:05 PM

i guess it could never hurt to have it at any hp level