Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE* TURBO Camaro SS -- 750hp Custom Single Turbo Kit (T04Z) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32577)

JTinFL 07-29-2009 01:43 PM

FREE INSTALLATION!!!!!!!! (First three kits only)

Ok guys, well we have decided that on the first three kits we sell, we are going to offer free installation. This free installation will include the full install of our Ultimate Performance Single Turbo kit for the SS Camaro. We have decided to do this free install on the first three to make sure that our instructions are very very thorough and have no questions left to be asked. We are wrapping up our initial kit on our shop car and will have pictures up very soon of the whole entire kit.

This free install is for SS Camaro (L99 or LS3) and limited to the first three kits. These kits will be sold at our introductory offer of $6799!!!!! Don't miss out and this will be done in order of deposits taken for the kits.

ToddSS 07-30-2009 04:46 PM

Your killing me! Free install! Dang, I wish I lived closer.

Is it Friday there yet? I want to see some pics.

JTinFL 07-30-2009 07:43 PM

No problem. Pictures will be up tomorrow afternoon.

You could always ship your car to us. It really is not very expensive at all.

Looks like we have our first person ready to sign up.

:D

rpepka 07-31-2009 06:07 AM

Photo's and Dyno please please please

Ultimate Performance 07-31-2009 04:24 PM

UPDATE: First off ,we want to thank all of you for the interest that you have shown in our Single Turbo Kit. We had a minor setback, which put us back a day,possibly 2. We know that you are anxious to see pics and dyno's and we are anxious to put them out there to you, BUT we want to make sure that it is 100% complete before we post pics or dyno's. The techs will be working all through the weekend to wrap things up.

Thank You

ToddSS 08-03-2009 10:20 AM

Any updates today?

JTinFL 08-04-2009 08:44 AM

As promised!!

See updated picture towards the end of the thread. :)

Verio 08-04-2009 08:54 AM

Very cool deal. Maybe after my wife goes back to work I can shell out another 7-8 grand :) I've always been a fan of a Turbo over the SC.

Mindz 08-04-2009 10:16 AM

It's so clean. My only question is does blocking half of the intercooler behind the support beam make it less efficient?

JTinFL 08-04-2009 10:20 AM

Well, no matter where you put the intercooler in the front, it is going to be blocked by a little bit of the front brace. Thats why we went with a really big intercooler with a 4 inch thick core. I have personally made 800whp on that same exact intercooler. It should be plenty. Also, its hard to see but there are a few inches between the brace and the intercooler so air will definitely get through it.

benjj 08-04-2009 10:41 AM

one question i have...i planned on doing the basic bolt-ons, full exhaust(arh LT's) and an intake, when i first get my car. if i were to pick this turbo kit up a little later down the line, would it be compatible with the new headers and exhaust or would there be some modification needed to the plumbing? thx ahead of time

JTinFL 08-04-2009 11:06 AM

Everything should work just fine. We will be testing a lot of different variations of headers, exhausts, ect. in the near future.

GTAHVIT 08-04-2009 11:12 AM

Very nice.

:thumbsup:

optical 08-04-2009 12:27 PM

looks AWESOME! I want one haha...

ToddSS 08-04-2009 01:03 PM

Looking good guys:happyanim:

One thing about Turbo's is the power is always there when you want it. I have had Superchargers, NOS and turbos will outperform all other forms of FI over the long run.

matt55 08-04-2009 01:08 PM

mmmmm turbo
Can you give us a under car pic ?

JTinFL 08-04-2009 05:24 PM

Under the car pics will be available soon. We want to test it on the dyno to make sure we are 100% happy with the location of the wastegate and then we will post up the pictures.

Dont miss out on the free install, we already have a lot of people interested and a couple people are about to leave deposits!!

Thanks guys and let me know if you have any questions.

CamaroSpike23 08-04-2009 11:47 PM

any pics of the exhaust routing to the turbo and on out the back?

JTinFL 08-05-2009 03:34 AM

Yes very soon. We will have full pictures of the kit on and off the car here very soon. We want to finalize the location of the wastegate and make sure it holds boost rock solid before we show the pictures of underneath. Can't wait to hit the track with this thing!

CamaroSpike23 08-05-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTinFL (Post 761109)
Yes very soon. We will have full pictures of the kit on and off the car here very soon. We want to finalize the location of the wastegate and make sure it holds boost rock solid before we show the pictures of underneath. Can't wait to hit the track with this thing!

cool, cant wait to see how she performs!!

JTinFL 08-06-2009 07:09 AM

Even though we had a couple delays that set us back two or three days, dyno and track times will be next week for sure!! Can't wait to see how she does in the 1/4 mile. :D

ToddSS 08-06-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTinFL (Post 765961)
Even though we had a couple delays that set us back two or three days, dyno and track times will be next week for sure!! Can't wait to see how she does in the 1/4 mile. :D

Good deal! You getting it on video right?

My guess is 11.2 @ 124mph

JTinFL 08-06-2009 10:29 AM

Thats exactly about what we were thinking for the basic bolt on kit. :D

gtrpryde 08-07-2009 02:49 AM

Do you guys use custom manifolds?

JTinFL 08-07-2009 07:18 AM

We have made this kit so it bolts onto the stock manifolds. We have done this on other platforms and it works perfectly and keeps the costs down a lot. Dyno and track time very soon!

gtrpryde 08-07-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTinFL (Post 770421)
We have made this kit so it bolts onto the stock manifolds. We have done this on other platforms and it works perfectly and keeps the costs down a lot. Dyno and track time very soon!

Also, V6 turbo coming soon as well..... done the right way! :)

Sweet, 4th gens did this alot too, proven to work well.

r0cketdr 08-07-2009 02:33 PM

I'm trying to hide all the guns and knives in the house, then I'll let my wife know how much I'd like one of these kits for our 45th anniversary :yikes: Keep the info coming. Looks great so far :drool:

JTinFL 08-08-2009 11:47 PM

Thanks! Cant wait to show you guys how it will perform!

GMtothecore 08-09-2009 12:13 AM

:drool::drool::w00t::drool::drool:

6liter 08-09-2009 01:55 AM

sweet.

PatrickfromMD 08-09-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTinFL (Post 757513)
Everything should work just fine. We will be testing a lot of different variations of headers, exhausts, ect. in the near future.

For this kit, where does it join back up with the factory exhaust? (will you offer a header upgrade option?)
Do you use a single CAT or relocate the factory CATS?

The HP tuners, for those of us looking at other mods down the line, is there an option to upgrade to the full HP tuners suite? I personally want to upgrade to a custom VVT cam which will require special tuning of its own?

You made reference in an earlier post to a properly sized single turbo having less lag than a twin turbo setup....care to offer some more thoughts on that?

How are your components different than what STS uses (other than the location of course)

Well,...I'm watching this thread closly

JTinFL 08-10-2009 08:50 AM

No need for a header upgrade at this point. Many cars with this style setup make plenty of power without header upgrades. We will probably offer a complete turbo upgrade package including new headers, downpipe, turbo, and a few other things that will be good for 1000whp+.

Turbo lag is all due to the size of the turbo housing vs engine displacement. I didnt say that all single turbos have less lag but was saying that this turbo will have little to no lag.

I am not sure exactly what components STS is using on their Camaro kit. We are using top quality proven parts though so there will be no issues.

Thanks for the interest and we will update this thread a lot in the next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD (Post 780189)
For this kit, where does it join back up with the factory exhaust? (will you offer a header upgrade option?)
Do you use a single CAT or relocate the factory CATS?

The HP tuners, for those of us looking at other mods down the line, is there an option to upgrade to the full HP tuners suite? I personally want to upgrade to a custom VVT cam which will require special tuning of its own?

You made reference in an earlier post to a properly sized single turbo having less lag than a twin turbo setup....care to offer some more thoughts on that?

How are your components different than what STS uses (other than the location of course)

Well,...I'm watching this thread closly

Germann 08-11-2009 09:01 AM

Awesome....now, will you develop one for the v-6?
My mule is ready for loan.

LSX-80MM 08-11-2009 02:55 PM

:popcorn::happyanim::popcorn:

montej23 08-11-2009 03:47 PM

sweet

sneaky561 08-13-2009 05:00 AM

will this kit be able to run with meth injection? and how would it affect it?

also why didn't you guys go with a wider inter cooler there is definitely more space to put one in since you got the brace blocking half of it i think it just looks small compared to the whole front end of the car i know its thick and all but still looks small

and will you be offering a kit with a bigger turbo offering around 800 whp or are you just sticking to the 700 and the 1000+

JTinFL 08-13-2009 05:20 AM

Hopefully we will have it on the dyno today for some baseline numbers with the kit. Very excited!!

Going through other instruction manuals on installations of kits for Vettes, G8s, Camaros, and GTOs and I have to say that this should be the easiest turbo kit to install out there. I really feel like anyone could install it and it should only take a weekend to do it.

To answer the questions in the last post:

We will be playing around with the turbo size options as soon as we get this first turbo figured out. It wont be long for that. The pictures are a little misleading with the size and placement of the intercooler. I really dont think it would be any issue at all. There is a decent size gap from the bumper brace to the IC and plenty of air will get to it. It is as wide as you can go if you want to sit back in the middle section without cutting anything out of the way.

Methanol will always help if tuned properly on any turbo setup. I am more of a fan of race gas though.

sneaky561 08-13-2009 05:37 AM

another question is is that a water cooled turbo or just an oil cooled?

Ultimate Performance 08-14-2009 02:37 PM

It's an oil and water cooled- dual ball bearing turbo.

***UPDATE***

We just loaded the Camaro into the trailer and off to the dyno. Dyno will be tomorrow morning, first thing. We'll post numbers and graph after we're done.

Ultimate Performance 08-14-2009 04:22 PM

Finally got the SS out into the daylight and cleaned up

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...hk40/003-7.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...hk40/006-3.jpg