Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE* TURBO Camaro SS -- 750hp Custom Single Turbo Kit (T04Z) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32577)

OVERPAR73 08-19-2009 07:12 PM

The options for my convertible just keep getting better and better, this site has offered so many choices, Keep up the good work and I look forward to the final HP results!:w00t::thumbup:

JTinFL 08-19-2009 07:48 PM

Video without music in it.

omegaman 08-19-2009 08:17 PM

Great Scott! That turbo sound is AMAZING! The new video is perfect - we can now hear the high pitched spooling of the turbo.

DarricSS 08-19-2009 08:31 PM

OMFG! That sounds so awesome!

Brings back memories of my favorite part of Knight Rider!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...urbo_boost.jpg

carfansince73 08-19-2009 08:50 PM

Turbos sound soooooo freakin' cool!!!!

DntWrryBeHappy21 08-19-2009 08:59 PM

wow thats boss!! good job =)

Visual_Perfection 08-19-2009 09:07 PM

Holy crap.. you are in Ft. Myers? What would I have to do to come up and get to check out this car?!?!

SleepWarz 08-19-2009 09:42 PM

Woooooooooowwwwwwww

That's freaking awesome sounding!

KamaroKirb 08-19-2009 09:48 PM

sounds like this car is about to take off :D have a nice flight

Revo1 08-19-2009 09:51 PM

Wow that's one hell of a hiss! :w00t: Good numbers too! I still prefer the whistle of a good supercharger though...

RoyalKev 08-19-2009 09:55 PM

You guys owe me a keyboard because I just flooded my old one with drool after watching the videos.

ghazzi1397 08-19-2009 10:19 PM

Im not an expert here but how would the stock Brembo brakes equipped on the SS handle this massive power increase? are they good enough? should we upgrade the brakes too?
thanks

walls 08-19-2009 10:32 PM

Isn't the stock Tremec only designed to handle 600 ft-lbs?

EAkrish 08-19-2009 10:55 PM

what is the cost of the kit?

TaylorRyanSS 08-19-2009 10:56 PM

love the performance gains, hate the way it sounds. It sounds like an electric car or something. Supercharged cars sound way better imo.

Kilo-9 08-19-2009 10:58 PM

I don't care how much power it makes, the sound alone is worth the price! :bow:

O2BQIK 08-19-2009 11:00 PM

Amazing. First thing I said when I looked under the hood of the SS was how there is plenty of room for a nice turbo or two ;) This kit looks really clean, and the price seems pretty reasonable to me.

Anyone on the fence about this...do it. I can't tell you how much fun my '98 turbo SS was. You won't regret going turbo!

gtrpryde 08-19-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 (Post 820491)
love the performance gains, hate the way it sounds. It sounds like an electric car or something. Supercharged cars sound way better imo.

Hmm well let's see. The car is silent with stock exhaust, so it makes sense all you can hear is the turbo spooling... :rolleyes:

Mindz 08-19-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrpryde (Post 820547)
Hmm well let's see. The car is silent with stock exhaust, so it makes sense all you can hear is the turbo spooling... :rolleyes:

Except the turbo spool is so loud you can't even hear the tires squealing...

Sounds like a fighter jet turbine, and this baby gets up and goes. I'm personally looking for something a little bit quieter. I'd still lke to be able to hear the v8 rumble.

Do you guys have any videos of inside the cabin during pulls? Thanks!

BRobes05 08-19-2009 11:43 PM

its cool and fast but it sounds kind of like an industrial vacuum cleaner

manimsoblack 08-19-2009 11:46 PM

I like the turbine sound

dmack2k7 08-20-2009 12:45 AM

i like the turbo yall have and the power that is makes but over the turbo sound i would go with sts. and plus there twin turbo setup is gonna cost just as much as your single turbo setup. so if im gonna spend 8k i would rather on sts twin turbo setup. and still have a true dual exhaust and twin turbo with a nice sound to it.........

good job though. yall beat everyone else to the punch...

quedogf94 08-20-2009 12:45 AM

I also like the sound of the exhaust, but the sound of those turbos is something you don't hear everyday, it sounds very intimidating, that's what Bumble Bee should have sounded like. It reminds me of the movie War of the Worlds, those big machine guns on fighter jets and giant robots, when you hear that sound, you know it's the END. Someone stated that it sounds like a vacuum cleaner, that's right, it's going to suck up everything in its path.

Andro 08-20-2009 01:15 AM

OMG!

Blakout 08-20-2009 01:59 AM

You guys complaining about the sound forget that this car still has stock exhaust on it. Wait for them to throw on a cat-back or diverter system and then have them re-record the sound. I bet you'll love it.

Mindz 08-20-2009 02:05 AM

That's what I'm hoping for. Throw a diverter kit, open it up and record it for me. =)

sav1 08-20-2009 02:17 AM

Jtin - I have a few questions. First off, I know as much about turbos as I do under- water basket weaving.

1. This kit will or will NOT work with Lt'S?
2. Will this kit come with a CARB sticker?, Does it even matter in CA.?
3. Once kit is installed with tune, what, if any maintenance will it require?
4. Running at the "safe" 8.5 psi, i'm assuming it will NOT damage a stock ls3/L99 engine?

ps: I love the music in the video.

FunkyELF 08-20-2009 07:49 AM

The original dyno looked a little low don't you think? Are they trying to make a bigger deal out of this?

mr_desmo 08-20-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sav1 (Post 820980)
Jtin - I have a few questions. First off, I know as much about turbos as I do under- water basket weaving.

4. Running at the "safe" 8.5 psi, i'm assuming it will NOT damage a stock ls3/L99 engine?

forget about being legal in california as it wont be able to run the stock cats...maybe put some high flow but it wont be legal; thrust me on that...

I love the work but would you do a lighweight single exit (probably what 4 inch?) with a magnaflow muffler in there ?

how do you reroute the single downpipe with the stock h-pipe true dual exhaust??? Its just a waste of power for a turbo car isnt it? especially with the giga big resonator of the l99?

Make a clip of a single all the way back; must compliment the sound nicely !:)

Forrest 08-20-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 820603)

Sounds like a fighter jet turbine, and this baby gets up and goes. I'm personally looking for something a little bit quieter. I'd still lke to be able to hear the v8 rumble.

My car will be a Daily Driver, so +1 on maybe wanting to hear the inside cabin video for the pulls. Or even when its just running. But Oh MY God. I figured I would go S/C, but that sound, wow. My business is all yours for the taking. :drool:

:thumbsup: AMAZING work guys. :)

2010SLVRBULIT 08-20-2009 08:24 AM

K - impressed w/ the V8, now let's see some V6#s...but can the drivetrain handle this much power?(either engines) and does the motor need to be broken in prior to getting a turbo/SC installed?

Camar0wn3d 08-20-2009 08:39 AM

So the $6995 includes installation and tune (for the first three)? Are these slots still available? Dyno tuned or standard tune?

Kyle.Gilmour 08-20-2009 08:50 AM

subscribed for updates

JTinFL 08-20-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtrpryde (Post 820547)

You are exactly right, the turbo is really loud because there is a stock exhaust on the car so the car in general is very quiet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EAkrish (Post 820485)
what is the cost of the kit?

Cost of the kit is $5995 for the tuner kit and $6799 for the full kit. We are offering free install on the first three but I am pretty sure that we have those lined up. One for sure and two we are waiting on a deposit to lock in the spots.

Normal install is going to be around $1500-2000 plus 500 for the full tune.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalKev (Post 820219)
You guys owe me a keyboard because I just flooded my old one with drool after watching the videos.

Haha, no problem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghazzi1397 (Post 820316)
Im not an expert here but how would the stock Brembo brakes equipped on the SS handle this massive power increase? are they good enough? should we upgrade the brakes too?
thanks

The brembo brakes are perfect on this car. They stopped it very quickly from 100 to 0. I dont think there would be any reason to upgrade them unless its a track car.

JTinFL 08-20-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sav1 (Post 820980)

Thanks man. The kit will not work with the V6s because there is no way to tune it as of now. We are not sure if it would bolt right up but will know shortly.

No Carb sticker because of no cats, we will be making a kit with cats though and try to get it certified for you guys.

The turbo kit, once installed properly there should be no more maintenance than a normal NA car would have. The parts are high quality and will last forever.

As long as it is setup and tuned properly, there should be no damage done to the L99/LS3 engine at all at these levels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 820603)

Honestly we have video of driving all around with the windows down but you cant hear much from inside the car.

JTinFL 08-20-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wh0rsep0wer (Post 821291)
So the $6995 includes installation and tune (for the first three)? Are these slots still available? Dyno tuned or standard tune?

For the first three that we get deposit for, it will be free installation and free dyno tuned. Give us a call today or send me a pm if you would like to lock that spot up. As I said before, we have one paid and a lot of people saying they want the second and third spot but no deposit from them yet.

Dont miss out on this great deal!!

Mindz 08-20-2009 12:07 PM

JT, would you mind pm'ing me those videos. I don't care for all the editing, I just want to hear what it sounds like from the cabin windows up and windows down.

JTinFL 08-20-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 822098)
JT, would you mind pm'ing me those videos. I don't care for all the editing, I just want to hear what it sounds like from the cabin windows up and windows down.

Yeah no problem. We will throw it up and give you a link to it.

Thanks.

Mindz 08-20-2009 12:40 PM

appreciated.

Bungalowbandit 08-20-2009 01:27 PM

Can u run long tubes with the kit?