Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Why hasn't the bumper paint issue been fixed (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36505)

Thrillz 08-09-2009 10:08 AM

Why hasn't the bumper paint issue been fixed

2 Attachment(s)
Local dealer with a 1LT RS IBM has serious paint issue's with the bumper matching the rest of the car. When i pulled up to it to take it for a test drive it stuck out like a sore thumb. Car has been on the lot over 2 weeks now. I know we have talked about this a lot but with it being a vin of 16k u would think they would have done something about this by now. I work at Toyota no way in hell a car would leave the factory like this even on a 13k corolla. With all the money they are spending on advertising to clean up there image this is not helping. Picture's say it all :thumbdown:

Attachment 44556

Attachment 44557

shroomjohn 08-09-2009 10:16 AM

Man that is bad I was bout to flame abit about different surface different shade but wow thats unacceptable! Hope something is done

Nine Ball 08-09-2009 10:18 AM

Barrack told them that repaints were not allowed. :)

Rickscamero 08-09-2009 10:38 AM

which dealer is this?

Looks like the old mills Chevrolet?

djm96z28 08-09-2009 10:43 AM

That's what worries me about the dark metallic colors that I like. I might eventually end up with silver or white....

chevyridinghigh 08-09-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nine Ball (Post 778178)
Barrack told them that repaints were not allowed. :)

Shhh, don't talk about the dear leader like that.

franknbeans 08-09-2009 10:51 AM

my CGM is a 16k car and the paint matches perfect.

But, yes that does look bad.

snizzle 08-09-2009 11:00 AM

Here comes the "it's the angle/surface/metallic" guys......

I posted a picture of the IOM and got blasted for even suggesting the paint was off. Regardless of the reason, it's unacceptable.

superstockcam 08-09-2009 11:03 AM

The bumper covers and fuel door and mirrors are painted in a different place and time, that is what I'm told and unless you "box" the paint it will never match ever ever ever
________
Lovely Wendie99

Jen10/68 08-09-2009 11:03 AM

I don't understand how random this is. I was really worried about my IOM, but it matches perfectly and I have vin 17873. I would be really upset about this and I feel fortunate but why is it just some of the cars and not all? Maybe they got it figured out somewhere between the 16 and 17k vins??

Thrillz 08-09-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstockcam (Post 778279)
The bumper covers and fuel door and mirrors are painted in a different place and time, that is what I'm told and unless you "box" the paint it will never match ever ever ever

So you saying you would accept that kind of excuse from a dealer if u picked up your car looking like that? Its just sloppy work that QC should have never let that go through. Honda,toyota nissan dont seem to have this problem but its only a GM problem?U dont spend millions of dollars trying to clean up your image then release this kind of product. Go to a toyota or honda dealership and find me one car that looks this bad. Hope u have lots of time on your hands you'll be looking a long time.

drivingincamaro 08-09-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 778273)
Here comes the "it's the angle/surface/metallic" guys......

I posted a picture of the IOM and got blasted for even suggesting the paint was off. Regardless of the reason, it's unacceptable.

well the angle surface metallic and light could of made it seem differently,

to the op did you look right at the front bumper and then look at the hood from really close?

like from 2 inches away? :iono:

Thrillz 08-09-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 778418)
well the angle surface metallic and light could of made it seem differently,

to the op did you look right at the front bumper and then look at the hood from really close?

like from 2 inches away? :iono:

Yes i looked at it from a thousand angle's from many distance's it looks the same no matter how u look at it. Has nothing to do with angle's light etc its just bad matching paint period. :thumbdown:

drivingincamaro 08-09-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillz (Post 778456)
Yes i looked at it from a thousand angle's from many distance's it looks the same no matter how u look at it. Has nothing to do with angle's light etc its just bad matching paint period. :thumbdown:

oh they should send that camaro back to Oshawa to get re painted:iono:

I hope its a isolated incident