Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kooks and HF Cats Insall (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109210)

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 01:56 PM

Kooks and HF Cats Insall

I just completed the install of my Kooks LT headers and HF Cats yesterday. Waiting for my Janetty tune for my SCT X3 programmer. I'm excited to get this stuff done and check it out at our local drag strip this Friday night. I was sold on the Kooks headers by all the comments on Camaro5 so, my thanks to all of you. Incidentally, without the tune, I think I have just "awakened a sleeping giant"! LOL

I need to formally thank Maryland Speed for the great customer service, price and speedy shipment of my headers! You would be hard pressed to beat their prices and quality service. Janetty Racing did the tune using the SCT tuner and I couldn't ask for better results. Both of these great Camaro5 Forum Sponsors deserve your business! Do it!

2010 2-Tone 10-05-2010 01:58 PM

Mine just came in today. Ordered the coated Kooks from Maryland Speed also. Let us know what kind of time and what the difference is.:chevy:

MarylandSpeed 10-05-2010 04:01 PM

Congrats! You will love the results!

mikeSS 10-05-2010 04:11 PM

whats maryland kooks price?

2010 2-Tone 10-05-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2406503)

You have to call. They won't give it out.

bi11ymc 10-05-2010 05:52 PM

Congrats fellow Tennessean :thumbup:

alfie43 10-05-2010 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Trust us on this...you have to call them and ask for the phone price. If you are in the market for headers, call around to get a bench mark on pricing and then call Maryland Speed. You will thank us.

Before I installed the Maggie, I pulled 424 RWHP with 1-7/8" Kooks LTs, Hi Flow Cats, a Roto-Fab CAI and a tune...and that's with factory mufflers behind the cats.

Alfie

omegaman 10-05-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone (Post 2405889)
Mine just came in today. Ordered the coated Kooks from Maryland Speed also...

+1 Ordered Kooks and catted connections from Maryland Speed today. Jet Hot coated silver, too.

brantley847 10-05-2010 10:44 PM

I am in the market for kooks as well..I see about 20 damn different coatings though..what the hell is the difference besides color lol

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 10:46 PM

Kooks price

Quote:

PM me and I'll tell you.

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 10:52 PM

My WORD!!!!!!!! I just installed the Janetty tune using an SCT X3 tuner and I am driving a different car. This thing feels like a Z06 now. I am possitive I will turn mid 12s or better. For what it's worth, I was using a DiabloSport tuner and I was advised to return the car to the stock tune and buy the SCT. I did so and went to Janetty, and as always, it came with a Janetty tune. The tune reset the shift points, tightened the shift to a snap and gave me low end torque galore!!! This is awesome. The DiabloSport is a good tuner, but it won't change any of the transmission perameters. I'm just certain my 1/8th mile track is going to require a helmet after the next run on the track....oh, Friday night. Get the headers, and SCT Tuner and a Janetty tune and I say, "bring on the 5.0 Mustang boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My mods: K&N CAI, Kooks LT headers and Kooks high flow cats, 160 deg thermostat, Janetty tune on an SCT programmer.....AWESOME! I may have to invest in a set of Drag Radials...holy mackeral!!!! (do I sound excited?)

I gotta thank Maryland Speed for the quick delivery and good price on my Headers and Janetty Racing for the awesome service and the unbelievable tune and powerful increase in performance. This is really what I expected from my Camaro...Thanks!

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 11:04 PM

Thanks, man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bi11ymc (Post 2406902)
Congrats fellow Tennessean :thumbup:

Good grief...you must own a Camaro speed shop or parts outlet with all the mods on your Camaro. Where are you at and where are you running your car???

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 11:06 PM

Coatings

Quote:

Originally Posted by brantley847 (Post 2408365)
I am in the market for kooks as well..I see about 20 damn different coatings though..what the hell is the difference besides color lol

I bought non-coated, but the stainless looks good and it will last forever. The coatings might reduce heat a bit and retain a good appearance, but I'm on a budget and didn't think I could afford another $300 for the coating. The performance is the same and that's what I was after.

ParisTNDude 10-05-2010 11:15 PM

I forgot to mention, we videoed some key parts of the install and before and after sound check on the Kooks. It's 13 minutes long, and if no one else likes it....I do...lol! Search under my username ParisTNDude on youtube and you'll find it.