Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   officially jeolous of the v6 stang SC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144907)

Maurdib 05-03-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3174358)
you still wouldnt be going 12.3 tho...

My thoughts exactly

Graham@N 05-03-2011 10:54 AM

I think there is much easier power to be had. ;)

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet (Post 3174895)
I think there is much easier power to be had. ;)

I concur. cheaper too. :cool:

Blade 05-03-2011 01:40 PM

Forget all this I am going with the Zex kit.......what a bunch of crap all these companies keep feeding us.

Graham@N 05-03-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 3175526)
Forget all this I am going with the Zex kit.......what a bunch of shit all these companies keep feeding us.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa....Whoa.

If you want good information and solid stuff, give me a shout. I will not just PM you a part number. We will go over the car, your driving habits and goals. From there we can line you out with a system and the additional product you want or need.

Nitrous is not a one size fits all. A little information goes a long way.

If you want to get some communication going let me know. No BS. Just tech and some go fast parts.

Huggerorange73 05-03-2011 01:48 PM

:confused0068: Impressive numbers on that Stang! :respekt:

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Forget all this I am going with the Zex kit.......what a bunch of crap all these companies keep feeding us.

hmmm... coulda swore that I told you to buy a nitrous kit over a month ago...

ya just dont listen...lol

but, you need to get 13's N/A first.;)

Black5thgen 05-03-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 3174358)
you still wouldnt be going 12.3 tho...

You could with a 5.0

jeff4946 05-03-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

I'm sure nitrous outlet will steer you in a good direction. I will say, as far as the nitrous kit from zex, I haven't had any trouble with it. Their customer service didn't give me too bad of a time, but their jetting chart is very generic. If they had any sense, they would get on these forums, and do what N.O. guys are doing, and pound the pavement. I will tell you that I have figured out that some info, is being pushed by a few people, who might have a vested interest in things, but I think you will be happy with your decision of spraying either one you buy. Just make it a good install.

Edit; to clarify.... I'm not saying a vested interest in N.O., cause they seem to be a good company. I think a few guys are getting a screaming deal, to go though threads, and push certain products. It's like cheap advertising.

KMPrenger 05-03-2011 03:24 PM

Lets not steer too far off the subject of supercharging....but that said:

If you have the need to go low 12s in a V6, but can't spend thousands, all you need is DRs out back, skinnys up front, tune and a 125 shot.

Just ask HDRS or ROD1!

Maurdib 05-03-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black5thgen (Post 3175642)
You could with a 5.0

Not stock you can't

Huggerorange73 05-03-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurdib (Post 3175906)
Not stock you can't

Hop into either the Mustang Mega thread of the Camaro vs. Mustang thread.

Loads of Ford guys swear up and down you can.

GretchenGotGrowl 05-03-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet (Post 3175558)
Whoa. Whoa. Whoa....Whoa.

If you want good information and solid stuff, give me a shout. I will not just PM you a part number. We will go over the car, your driving habits and goals. From there we can line you out with a system and the additional product you want or need.

Nitrous is not a one size fits all. A little information goes a long way.

If you want to get some communication going let me know. No BS. Just tech and some go fast parts.

Don't think he's directing that at you. Instead he's expressing our general frustration with vendors teasing us with info about superchargers then never delivering.

Graham@N 05-03-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 3175942)
Don't think he's directing that at you. Instead he's expressing our general frustration with vendors teasing us with info about superchargers then never delivering.

I hear you. I was more trying to be light hearted and give him a hard time.

GretchenGotGrowl 05-03-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet (Post 3176027)
I hear you. I was more trying to be light hearted and give him a hard time.

:w00t:

Maurdib 05-03-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 (Post 3175931)
Hop into either the Mustang Mega thread of the Camaro vs. Mustang thread.

Loads of Ford guys swear up and down you can.

Dude seroiusly, no one and I mean no one tha i've seen in any report/review or anywhere else has a stock 5.0 at 12.3 no one, but hey look for yourself

bmorecam 05-03-2011 06:17 PM

damn.. do i see peoples wishing they had the v6 stang now:rolleyes:

I remember when i first signed up here on c5 and asked if i should go with the stang or camaro and everyone said camaro so here i am with big suzie.

damn u all lol:laugh: just j/k

but on a serious note, i had a 2011 v6 mustang premium with appearance pack and factory ford upgraded gear for $23899 ready to be picked up before i went to go see the camaro. I never in a million year would have thought we was going to be left with 1 tuner and nothing to squeeze out of our ecm.:mad0259: should of did my homework a little more.
After all bolt ons installed im not even sure if we can even pick up 300 rwhp:iono: and after that only option left is FI? STS:thumbdown:
I dont think my future with this car is looking too bright. We should be able to at least even out the playing field with our competitor right?

ohhh well..
:cool:

2010SLVRBULIT 05-03-2011 06:20 PM

:facepalm:pretty soon they can order through Ford SVT...:mad0260:

Maurdib 05-03-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorecam (Post 3176560)
damn.. do i see peoples wishing they had the v6 stang now:rolleyes:

I remember when i first signed up here on c5 and asked if i should go with the stang or camaro and everyone said camaro so here i am with big suzie.

damn u all lol:laugh: just j/k

but on a serious note, i had a 2011 v6 mustang premium with appearance pack and factory ford upgraded gear for $23899 ready to be picked up before i went to go see the camaro. I never in a million year would have thought we was going to be left with 1 tuner and nothing to squeeze out of our ecm.:mad0259: should of did my homework a little more.
After all bolt ons installed im not even sure if we can even pick up 300 rwhp:iono: and after that only option left is FI? STS:thumbdown:
I dont think my future with this car is looking too bright. We should be able to at least even out the playing field with our competitor right?

ohhh well..
:cool:

My prediction, This is the main reason for the engine change in the 2012's The ECU is tuner friendly, will probaly be easy to program TC's and SC's and the Z28 will be a V6, with either a TC or SC to keep up power but to keep weight low

scrming 05-03-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurdib (Post 3176675)
My prediction, This is the main reason for the engine change in the 2012's The ECU is tuner friendly, will probaly be easy to program TC's and SC's and the Z28 will be a V6, with either a TC or SC to keep up power but to keep weight low

More than likely it has to do with the fact the Camaro is direct inject where as the Mustang is not. Base on my conversations the FI companies just are having a very hard time dealing with that, getting to the the boost levels they want...

Also we've now heard that they ARE NOT changing the ECU for 20112... :iono:

bmorecam 05-03-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrming (Post 3176711)
More than likely it has to do with the fact the Camaro is direct inject where as the Mustang is not. Base on my conversations the FI companies just are having a very hard time dealing with that, getting to the the boost levels they want...

thats the rumor going around here:iono: Kill the E69:suicide:

bmorecam 05-03-2011 07:13 PM

Does this just hapen to make yall more jealous?:D

GretchenGotGrowl 05-03-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it looks like the ECU will be around for one more YM.

I think it's the combination of DI (not many have experience with it) and the high CR. These cars seem to like the juice and the air, so I'm thinking it's "old think" to be looking at pushing 10-12 psi to get some power out of them. They start at near 100% VE and Vince said he has one that was 160% on just 6 psi. I'm still amazed I got a 37% increase in power off of a measly 4.5 psi. 12 psi would probably nearly double the HP and I'm not sure the pistons (much less the rest of the drive train) would handle that.

Time will really tell, but I'm beginning to think these LLTs are going to suprise a lot of people and the big guys are going to wish they had jumped instead of handing the market to the RX/IPS/Trifectas. Honestly, why would I buy from Lingenfelter or HP now?

Maurdib 05-03-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Really I'm just going off the press release, wasn't aware new info had come up about the LSX Engine

bmorecam 05-03-2011 07:28 PM

the new 2012 v6 camaros will be very interesting if indeed it is e85 capable. Look at the e85 tunes that are available now for other cars. The hp increase is just ridiculous. I wonder how this is going to play out with e69 ecm and e85 tuning?????????