Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   RX Dual Valve Catch Can Install help on TVS2300 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335242)

TRC-SS 01-02-2014 09:59 AM

RX Dual Valve Catch Can Install help on TVS2300

Im in need of some help installing my RX dual valve Catch Can.

I have a TVS2300 Supercharger on my 2011 LS3. RX did not have any instructions on hand for this install with this supercharger.

They sent me an email trying to explain the process, but i dont know about you guys but im more of a picture guy!!.

So with that said, anyone have some photos of the setup so i can get this installed. The catch can has been in my garage since August waiting to be installed.

Heres a pic of the type of Catch can.
http://www.revxtreme.com/image/cache...ns-228x228.jpg
And i have the new style TVS2300 pictured below
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...N8JpZs2EFwN5gZ

Thanks for any and all Help!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/09/bude5a9y.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ps5aa11c8e.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ps94bf0b1b.jpg

Iam Broke 01-02-2014 10:19 AM

For your dual...Center catch can line to SC inlet located on the front drivers side under the brake booster line. Look at the pic of the cc in my sig or garage. Take one rocker cover to one side of the cc, other rocker to the other cc inlet and the valley cover line to the nipple on the intake tube. That'll give you clean air into the valley cover, and both rocker covers to the cc. Can't remember if both rockers are vented stock or not. I put Holley's on.

The stock rocker covers barely let any air pass, the hole is very small for the venting. You might want to consider drilling them out to let it breath better. Holley's are vented better and baffled quite well. I get very little oil, mostly condensation in my catch can.

I capped the vc on mine with the single and take the intake tube to one rc and the other rc to the cc. Also added a JRE checked Metco breather on the oil filler for venting excess crankcase pressure, if any.

TRC-SS 01-04-2014 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iam Broke (Post 7303187)
For your dual...Center catch can line to SC inlet located on the front drivers side under the brake booster line. Look at the pic of the cc in my sig or garage. Take one rocker cover to one side of the cc, other rocker to the other cc inlet and the valley cover line to the nipple on the intake tube. That'll give you clean air into the valley cover, and both rocker covers to the cc. Can't remember if both rockers are vented stock or not. I put Holley's on.

The stock rocker covers barely let any air pass, the hole is very small for the venting. You might want to consider drilling them out to let it breath better. Holley's are vented better and baffled quite well. I get very little oil, mostly condensation in my catch can.

I capped the vc on mine with the single and take the intake tube to one rc and the other rc to the cc. Also added a JRE checked Metco breather on the oil filler for venting excess crankcase pressure, if any.

Thanks bud, can you put a few more pictures here for me, Hard to see that sig picture.

bmbbl be 01-05-2014 11:37 AM

on a dual can outlet,, you block off pass side valve cover and take cai fitting to other outlet on can

rtcat600man 01-05-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iam Broke (Post 7309423)
I have one in my garage linked on the left in red under my avatar... oh well.

Here's how I think you should do your dual, remember, mine's a single so it's different but you can't tell in the pic how my lines go. Hope this helps you some.

I believe your diagram could be incorrect. I received word from another person on another forum that I should indicate this to you.

Here is the message I received. Hope this helps.

Hey, can you PM IAM broke...his diagram shows his can hooked up backwards on his top mount SC. Center of can to rear of DS valve cover, outer to the blower vac barb.

Thanks!

TRC-SS 01-05-2014 01:22 PM

I was told by Tracy of RX that the center always goes to the Drivers side valve cover.

Everything else im sooo confused about

Jason P 01-05-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRC-SS (Post 7311290)
I was told by Tracy of RX that the center always goes to the Drivers side valve cover.

Everything else im sooo confused about

On my dual valve CC. Center to back drivers side valve cover. Then one outside valve of CC to front driverside Maggie. The other outside valve of CC goes to barb on CAI just before the throttle body.

TRC-SS 01-05-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason P (Post 7311314)
On my dual valve CC. Center to back drivers side valve cover. Then one outside valve of CC to front driverside Maggie. The other outside valve of CC goes to barb on CAI just before the throttle body.

When you get a minute can you toss a picture up of that. Thanks

Jason P 01-05-2014 01:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 588281

Attachment 588282

Attachment 588283

Attachment 588284....I added a barb to my CAI so the passenger valve cover is also attached before the throttle body.

Jason P 01-05-2014 01:52 PM

Chris at Jannetty racing told me to run it that way. Keeps all air metered. I also run Jannetty's Metco breather.

TRC-SS 01-05-2014 01:59 PM

Thanks, I now understand Tracys from RX email better. Here is a copy of it

On the drivers side you see 2-3 tubes coming from the front portion of the blower (I did not realize it was a SLP unit..TVS makes a ton of different brands blowers) where a fat one is on the top, runs to the power brake booster, and smaller ones below? One of them, it appears the lowest one, will run to a brab on the rear of your drivers side valve cover. Trace it to make sure but in the picture it appears to be the lowest. You will remove that line and from the rear of the drivers side valve cover, run a line to the center of the RX can. The barb you pulled that off of then runs to one of the outer fittings on the RX can.

Then, the other outer fitting on the RX can will attache to the barb you see just in front of the throttle body (it now has a clamp on it and that line runs to the inner front of the passenger side valve cover). Then, on final step (and you may not have enough hose for this, so if you need more, only use automatic trans mission line and NOT fuel line for the stiffness needed), add another fitting (we should have included one, but if not from any hardware store get a 1/4 NPT male x 3/8" barb and drill in a 3/8" hole in front of the existing barb that is molded in and we are using now to one outer fitting on the can) into the main air intake tube (big plastic tube) 3-4" further toward the air box and then the line that did run from the passenger side valve cover inner front will attache to the new fitting. Then your all set.

It sounds complicated but will be the best solution for your setup available period.

Here is what the barb will look like:

So, looking at your picture from the passenger side, the line from the inner front of the passenger side valve cover needs to draw air from closer to the MAF sensor (which is right after your air bow (where the air filter is). Best is app 1/2 way between the end that connects to the throttle body and the MAF sensor. This way the suction present closer to the MAF does not over power the ability for the clean side air to flow into the crankcase. When to close to the TB as SLP does it, as every 1" you travel from the throttle body the measurable amount of vacuum/suction decreases as you near the air filter, and it is critical for the clean side to be able to allow filtered, metered air in at all times, and the secondary outlet of the RX can to always realize suction/vacuum when at WOT to maintain proper evacuation.

Let me know if this clears it up.....and ask more questions if not. Also, feel free to post this in your thread for others.

Best Regards,

Tracy

Elite Engineering 01-08-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRC-SS (Post 7311403)
Thanks, I now understand Tracys from RX email better. Here is a copy of it

On the drivers side you see 2-3 tubes coming from the front portion of the blower (I did not realize it was a SLP unit..TVS makes a ton of different brands blowers) where a fat one is on the top, runs to the power brake booster, and smaller ones below? One of them, it appears the lowest one, will run to a brab on the rear of your drivers side valve cover. Trace it to make sure but in the picture it appears to be the lowest. You will remove that line and from the rear of the drivers side valve cover, run a line to the center of the RX can. The barb you pulled that off of then runs to one of the outer fittings on the RX can.

Then, the other outer fitting on the RX can will attache to the barb you see just in front of the throttle body (it now has a clamp on it and that line runs to the inner front of the passenger side valve cover). Then, on final step (and you may not have enough hose for this, so if you need more, only use automatic trans mission line and NOT fuel line for the stiffness needed), add another fitting (we should have included one, but if not from any hardware store get a 1/4 NPT male x 3/8" barb and drill in a 3/8" hole in front of the existing barb that is molded in and we are using now to one outer fitting on the can) into the main air intake tube (big plastic tube) 3-4" further toward the air box and then the line that did run from the passenger side valve cover inner front will attache to the new fitting. Then your all set.

It sounds complicated but will be the best solution for your setup available period.

Here is what the barb will look like:

So, looking at your picture from the passenger side, the line from the inner front of the passenger side valve cover needs to draw air from closer to the MAF sensor (which is right after your air bow (where the air filter is). Best is app 1/2 way between the end that connects to the throttle body and the MAF sensor. This way the suction present closer to the MAF does not over power the ability for the clean side air to flow into the crankcase. When to close to the TB as SLP does it, as every 1" you travel from the throttle body the measurable amount of vacuum/suction decreases as you near the air filter, and it is critical for the clean side to be able to allow filtered, metered air in at all times, and the secondary outlet of the RX can to always realize suction/vacuum when at WOT to maintain proper evacuation.

Let me know if this clears it up.....and ask more questions if not. Also, feel free to post this in your thread for others.

Best Regards,

Tracy

This is correctly explained. Tracy at RX has been doing this for a long time and he understands this set-up.
:thumb:

camaro-heater 01-30-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason P (Post 7311359)
Attachment 588281

Attachment 588282

Attachment 588283

Attachment 588284....I added a barb to my CAI so the passenger valve cover is also attached before the throttle body.

FINALLYYYYYY!!! WOW... a year or more of having a RX cc on and been wondering how the hell it routes, have heard a million different opinions and never knew until now! Thank you..verry verry much. I noticed you said you added a barb on your CAI for the passenger side valve cover. Is that the connection up front on the passenger side valve cover? Also, if it is could i just T into the line already going to the CAI before the throttle body? Thank you in advance. I reallly do appreciate you solving my year long problem lol!

Jason P 01-30-2014 10:44 PM

I guess you could put a t in the passenger side hose instead of the extra barb on the cai. I just did it the way I was instructed by jre.