Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Not allowed to order anymore? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41780)

SimC33 09-10-2009 10:54 AM

Not allowed to order anymore?

Ok well this is my first post since I left the forums due to my cancellation of my Oct 16th order of my camaro...Reasons being, I had my 01 SS stolen so I had no time to wait which hindered me of getting the camaro.

ANYWAYS...Im back now and ready to order and get this beast in my driveway. So my question is this. What is the deal with this constraint going on? I have read threads on it and am still a bit confused. Are we not allowed to order anymore? Are we allowed to order but have to wait a while for it to process? If someone could explain this to me in the easiest way id appreciate it haha...IM READY TO GET THIS THING ORDERED!!!

Thanks in advance everyone,

Joey

SS 376 09-10-2009 10:56 AM

You can order for sure, but apparently the SS's are on constraint. So who knows how long you might be waiting. I guess it depends on your dealer allocation and how much of a constraint there is right now.

SimC33 09-10-2009 11:00 AM

So why are the SS's on a constraint? What is the reasoning for this?

CloudXTC 09-10-2009 11:01 AM

engine shortage

Iwantone2 09-10-2009 11:05 AM

"The man" doesn't want us to have good looking, muscle cars :iono:

Imfishintx 09-10-2009 11:24 AM

Just keep waiting, just look at it this way, they are offering 4,000 off the 09 Vette and if there were actually enough of these things built you would get 4K off them too!!! I canceled my JUNE order today, MSRP is still too much, next year you will be able to pull down a real deal.

linton23 09-10-2009 11:33 AM

Our GM trainer stated to us that GM was holding back the SS's to help hold demand up on them and to make the Lt's more avaliable and increase model gas mileage. I am sure its also to deepen some pockets. That being said we just had our 3rd SS placed and our 5th 2lt.

SimC33 09-10-2009 11:52 AM

Guess I should just go ahead and order and take my chances on it and wait. I can play the waiting game.

IROCanSS 09-10-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloudXTC (Post 905256)
engine shortage

:bs: There are plenty LS3/L99s to go around.

Its a 60% max on SS orders. Meaning only 60% of a dealers orders can be SS cars. i.e. if a dealer has 5 total orders: 3 SS orders and 2 LT/LS orders, you are fine. 3/5 = 60% BUT if they have 4 SS orders and 1 LT/LS order... no go. 4/5 = 80% so they will have to hold that last order until they have another LT/LS to submit first.... get it? It isnt any kind of shortage at all, it is a way to set the ratio between v8 and v6 cars out there. Likely has something to do with CAFE and that the V8 is WAY more popular then the analysts thought it would be.

Ford does the same thing on Mustang GTs (I have heard) but they just never reach their max ratio so you dont hear about it. Plenty of v6 stangs out there. Here is how i take the rush of V8 orders. Right now we are still in the initial phase where the enthusists want the top dog. Once that dies down and we (the enthusists) have our cars and we start seeing cars on the lots and joe schmoes can just go buy a V6 there will be an abundance of V8 orders. Eventually it will balance out. I guess GM (or the govt) is trying to force the ratio to even out now. :iono:

Order the car, you will get it, just may take a bit longer. It's worth it.

jrboyd_1980 09-10-2009 12:33 PM

Just an FYI: Have 3 in transit that are for stock. All 3 2SS/RS.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41788

Sir Nuke 09-10-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 (Post 905659)
Just an FYI: Have 3 in transit that are for stock. All 3 2SS/RS.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41788

and the $64000 ? is..................how much are you selling them for? at MSRP? ABOVE MSRP?? what?

Teddydog 09-10-2009 01:18 PM

Um...guys...it has been posted on the board previously by RELIABLE sources, including fbodfather, that the constraint is soley due to a supplier issue. It was stated there is an issue getting enough of a BRAND NAME part that is exclusive to the SS. Reading between the lines, it is the foreign-sourced BREMBO BRAKES that they can't keep up with and thus causing a limit on the number of SS cars they can make. It is NOT a conspiracy to limit v8s or keep up demand or value or cost. They can only make as many SS cars as they have sets of these BRAND NAME parts on hand. Period.

Rob

jrboyd_1980 09-10-2009 01:23 PM

$64,000? Where that number come from? 0.o

cliffy 09-10-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imfishintx (Post 905351)
Just keep waiting, just look at it this way, they are offering 4,000 off the 09 Vette and if there were actually enough of these things built you would get 4K off them too!!! I canceled my JUNE order today, MSRP is still too much, next year you will be able to pull down a real deal.

While I agree that there will be deals to be had in the future, to say the Camaro is not worth the current MSRP is stretching it a little. Compared to a similarly equipped MSRP for a Vette, its a bargain. You can say all you want about a BASE Vette being in a different league, but its not 20k more car. A Z06 if definitely a different world and league, but the MSRP is twice that of a 2SS

I was thrilled to find out what I got inclusive in the 37k MSRP for my 2SS/RS. Its a helluva car for the price.