Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I NEED A TUNE! arrggghhhh! (like a pirate needs a wench) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130917)

hapisok 02-22-2011 01:37 PM

I NEED A TUNE! arrggghhhh! (like a pirate needs a wench)

1 Attachment(s)
just got back from getting dyno'd. happy and sad at the same time :) :cry: ...with all the mod's so far, my HP isn't near where i thought it would be but in comparison to others, its average with roughly the same mods. i was hoping to see 275-280. i don't have a baseline to go off so not sure what my total gain really was, but if 225 seems to be the average starting point then i suppose its not a bad gain. the one thing i am happy about is that the pulls were fairly consistent and my TQ is up above what i've seen on other dyno's. the guy who owns the shop had his wifes V6 camaro on there and it pulled 250HP with an IAT relocation, but his pulls also ranged all the way down to 228HP.

so for all you tuning companies who think its a waste of R&D $$$ to invest in tuning the V6...your wrong! these vehicles have a lot more potential locked away in that little box. there is a huge market for the V6 especially as im seeing more of them on the road every day. you'll recoup your money and keep good relations with the GP at the same time...WIN WIN!

1st pull: 4th gear
2nd and 3rd pull: 3rd gear

jagan323 02-22-2011 01:41 PM

What the.. why are the lines are weird? lol. Also yes, you need a tune.

hapisok 02-22-2011 01:46 PM

i think my exhaust was affecting the machine...sound vibrations ya know. :laugh: it was freakin loud...but sounded AWESOME! never been on the back side of the car to hear it open up. took some video but the mic was overdriven so it sounded like crap.

KMPrenger 02-22-2011 07:58 PM

I know that even just shifting the car on the dyno can affect the numbers and nothing is perfect in the world of dynos, but it seems a bit strange to me that the blue run was 12 or so HP higher than the red, and then the other run it dropped back down again. Guessing the switch to 3rd gear had something to do with that.

The TQ seems fairly consistent though. You said the guy mentioned his wife's car getting 250 with just an IAT relocation, but as low as 228? That also sounds like a huge difference....guessing the low run was heat soaked or something?

Anyways, no matter, thats not bad...I'd be willing to bet if you had a baseline to compare with you'd have some good gains. Hard to say what if much of anything a tune would get you. If your Air/Fuel wasn't off that bad then I'd say there is not much to be concerned about there.

Beauwulf 02-23-2011 04:36 PM

Did you get a printout with the AFR? If so, post it and we can tell you more....

hapisok 02-23-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauwulf (Post 2879071)
Did you get a printout with the AFR? If so, post it and we can tell you more....

no, i didn't get it on the print out...i'll see if they still have it on file.

GretchenGotGrowl 02-23-2011 04:56 PM

I wouldn't worry about the exact numbers. Yours are right in there. I dynoed 26X with LTs on one dyno then dropped to 254 on another with the shorties. The big thing is to see the changes when you add stuff. Make sure he's using SAE correction and when you go back after your next mod you will probably be happy.

I agree though, unless you see a AFR or timing issue, then a tune is probably not going to gain you a lot.