Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   A/C Off Due to High Engine Temp (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255241)

Lisa/Jeff 10-12-2012 08:38 PM

A/C Off Due to High Engine Temp

Just returned from the dealer for second time for the A/C off due to high temp message. The first time they replaced a sencor and this time could not find anything causing message. They contacted GM and GM suggested to check wiring but still no know cause. I asked about reflashing and they advised no new updates for for car so no reason to reflash. The first time it occured I took the battery cables off for several hours but the message came back. The car is stock, all fluids are good. Any suggestions??:mad0259:

2010_camaro 10-14-2012 03:32 PM

hey i had the same issue. I replaced the temp sensor and notices the conector was a flawed design and it was not a tight fit. I changed the pig tail and put a little ele. grease and all is well.

Lisa/Jeff 10-14-2012 03:55 PM

Thanks, I will look at the sensor.

tadams72 10-14-2012 04:02 PM

The quick way to reset the sensor is to shut the car down and disconnect the ECM Harness by the fuse box under the hood (front engine compartment, passenger side). I still don't know the cause of this but have had it several times myself.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-15-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa/Jeff (Post 5687442)
Just returned from the dealer for second time for the A/C off due to high temp message. The first time they replaced a sencor and this time could not find anything causing message. They contacted GM and GM suggested to check wiring but still no know cause. I asked about reflashing and they advised no new updates for for car so no reason to reflash. The first time it occured I took the battery cables off for several hours but the message came back. The car is stock, all fluids are good. Any suggestions??:mad0259:

If you would like for us to research this further for you, please provide us with your first and last name, address, phone number,VIN, mileage and involved dealership. We would be happy to see if there are any options available to you!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Lisa/Jeff 10-16-2012 08:00 PM

Brandon,

I'm not sure how to provide you the requested information without posting all of it on the site.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-17-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa/Jeff (Post 5702384)
Brandon,

I'm not sure how to provide you the requested information without posting all of it on the site.

You can click my username and then click send private message.

Brandon

SteveRS 10-19-2012 10:45 AM

My 2011 LT/RS was the first case to have this issue.. i still have the pictures from it.. they will most likely change out the PCM and that will fix it.. changing the Thermo will most likely not fix it cause it didnt fix mine..

Lisa/Jeff 10-19-2012 06:07 PM

When we had it at the deal, they could not find what was causing the message
and spent several minutes on the phone with GM and still no fix. GM has called and left me message but I haven't been able to speak to anyone yet.

DeMaro 12-05-2012 10:30 AM

I have the same problem also still not resolved. Never had an issue on my 2010 coupe but my 2012 Vert has had it since 500 miles or so.

DC

Lisa/Jeff 12-05-2012 06:48 PM

A/C Off due to high temp

After about 6 months we think we have our problem fixed. We were near a dealership when the message came on and according to the code it was a bad thermostat sensor. They replaced the thermostate Kit (01246-PCKT) The code was PO128. Plus for some reason when I picked the vehicle up, they had put 6 miles on it, not sure if that was necessary. I hope this took care of the problem!:cool:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 12-06-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeMaro (Post 5881446)
I have the same problem also still not resolved. Never had an issue on my 2010 coupe but my 2012 Vert has had it since 500 miles or so.

DC

DeMaro,

We apologize for any frustrations that you may be experiencing. I can research the concern you are having further by setting up a case with GM customer service. Please PM me any details you may have along with your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name.

I await your response via PM.

Brandon

DeMaro 12-06-2012 05:04 PM

Thanks Brandon
I am going to try a few more things and will take you up on that I am sure.

DC

danielblack60 12-07-2012 07:32 PM

It is untelling how many times I've had this customer concern. Every time I scanned one, the code was p0128. Engine coolant temp below threshold. Replaced thermostat and it was like it never happened :D

Not saying you all are having different troubles, but 98.3456 times out of 100 a thermostat will fix your problem.

PS: winter months are usually when you see thermostats start to fail, just food for thought.