Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need help with Final Color Choice IOM or Black (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14258)

cutter5002 02-24-2009 10:33 PM

Need help with Final Color Choice IOM or Black

I will be ordering within the next week so I need to make a final decision on color. I really like the IOM interior package through pictures but am nervous about if it will be 'too much' in person. Also, I am concerned with how well it matches the IOM exterior. I have seen a lot of cars with the same color leather as the exterior but not even close to the same shade of the color. What are you opinions:

IOM w/black Leather
IOM w/IOM interior
Black w/black leather
Black w/IOM interior.

Thanks in advance.

tylermoore 02-24-2009 10:42 PM

iom/iom
just my .02

a6pk2go 02-24-2009 10:45 PM

Myself, I'm going with IOM with the IO trim package but to break it up I'm getting stripes. If you think it may be too much with that interior I also think Black would look great but it will be harder to keep clean which may not be a problem the first few years because I think anyone with a new car will be more apt to keep it clean and looking good.

gigemrick 02-24-2009 10:46 PM

I'm putting in my order this week and i have changed to Black/Black... This thing is plain nasty in Black... And i wanted to get away from the black of my Trans Am......:cool: Can't fight it...

PQ 02-24-2009 10:47 PM

I went with the last choice. Black with IO interior. I thought IOM paint would be a novelty that would wear off in time. And yes I did think that if the orange was different it would look funny. Like black pants with a black shirt that is a different share of black. Much better with a different color shirt all together. The interior will be really not so novel because it will be accented in black all the way around kinda breaking it up just enough.

But jmo of course. As long as you realize that you'll have to wash the car three times as often.

TheCavalry 02-24-2009 10:48 PM

i'd like to see what black/IOM looks like. I'd go with black on black though.

greenrail 02-24-2009 10:50 PM

When my wife and I went to place our order, we had initially decided on Red Jewel Tintcoat. We were sitting there at the dealer looking at a Malibu that was that particular color.

We looked at each other and decided, Nope, that color isn't right for such a sporty car. (That was our opinion.) so, we ordered black. I looked very closely at the Silver SS taht was at Indy last September. I fell in love with the Orange Interior.

So, we ordered a Black 2SS, LS3, with the Orange Interior and the RS Package.

cutter5002 02-24-2009 11:06 PM

I'm really digging the orange interior through pics also. I just have the feeling that it won't match good with the orange exterior or it will be 'too much' orange. OTOH, it would probably look great in black, but i have to keep the black extra clean on the outside for it to look good. and Black on Black, can't get anymore classy than that. :bonk:

kevin2323 02-24-2009 11:34 PM

edit

Xlr8torZ28 02-25-2009 12:26 AM

I would love to see one all blacked out... I mean ALL... no chrome anywhere! no silver anywhere! and some nasty exhaust on it. I mean exhaust soooooo nasty, it would offend the Pope enough to make him kick out a stained glass window...

jesserayjames 02-25-2009 01:12 AM

I had the same problem, I like Black Metallic, but don't like to clean it. I had Black with IOM Interior, but changed it to IOM with Black Leather SS Interior.

Welcome to our forum

New2010CamaroLover 02-25-2009 01:13 AM

I went with black on black as well. I've heard all the horor stories about black but have never owned one myself and decided to give it a shot. I just know that I'll have to wash it all the time, which I planned on doing anyways cuz such a beautiful car deserves it. IMO I think the black leather will hold up the best in the long run when kept up properly. All colors add a certain personality to this beautiful car but the black on black with limo tint just screams fierce and bad ass!

MerlinZero 02-25-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cutter5002 (Post 307207)
I will be ordering within the next week so I need to make a final decision on color. I really like the IOM interior package through pictures but am nervous about if it will be 'too much' in person. Also, I am concerned with how well it matches the IOM exterior. I have seen a lot of cars with the same color leather as the exterior but not even close to the same shade of the color. What are you opinions:

IOM w/black Leather
IOM w/IOM interior
Black w/black leather
Black w/IOM interior.

Thanks in advance.

I went IOM with black rally stripes and IOM interior.

I'm stolked.

Rob490 02-25-2009 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerlinZero (Post 307390)
I went IOM with black rally stripes and IOM interior.

I'm stolked.

Thats exactly what i wouldve done