Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8624)

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:11 PM

THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!!

There are so many posts about what stripe package is what, I thought we should have a be all and end all thread about the stripes available for anyone ordering a 2010 Camaro.

STRIPE FACTS:

All Rally Stripes will be installed in Oshawa effective with production the week of August 24, 2009.
Impact:
• The current Rally Stripes that are offered as LPO - Dealer Installed Accessories will be discontinued as of Monday, August 24, 2009, and replaced by Oshawa installed Rally Stripes.

Black Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VZG
New RPO: C3O

Silver Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VZF
New RPO: C2U

Orange Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYO
New RPO: C2T

Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYY
New and Current RPO: B7W

White Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYZ
New and Current RPO: B7X

• The Cyber Gray and White Rally Stripes will retain their current RPO code, but will expand so that the RPO is available on all Camaro models (currently, the stripes are limited to 2LT and 2SS models only).
• All orders currently scheduled to be produced the week of August 24, 2009, will have their respective LPO Rally Stripes code removed, and the new RPO Rally Stripes code added. These units will have the Rally Stripes installed at Oshawa prior to shipping to the dealer after August 24, 2009.
• The new factory installed Rally Stripes will continue to be offered as “over-the-counter” accessories, in the event a customer desires the stripes after their vehicle is produced.
• The MSRP for these stripes will remain at $470.

Action Required:
• The new Rally Stripes RPO codes will be available for ordering in “Quick Spec” starting Saturday, August 29, 2009, and the normal Order Workbench Configurator starting Thursday, September 3, 2009.
• Dealers should continue to use the current Rally Stripes LPO codes until the new RPO codes are introduced. Orders with the current Rally Stripes LPO codes scheduled to be produced the week of Monday, August 24, 2009, will automatically be changed by Order Fulfillment to the new RPO codes.
• Dealers should start to utilize the new Rally Stripes RPO codes the week of Monday, August 31, 2009.

- The Rally dual stripes are available in 5 colors (see below for the RPO code)

- The Rally stripes are the dual stripes similar to Bumblebee's style.

- The hockey stick stripes are available in 3 colors (see below for the RPO code)

- The hockey stick stripe package comes with hockey stick stripes down the side, a large stripe down the hood and trunk of the car which is about the width of the raised area of the hood, and a back panel black out treatment decal.

- You can order a combination of any stripe combo and ask the dealer to install them any way you want ie.(Hockey stick stripes down the side and Rally stripes down the hood and trunk, hockey stick down sides only or thick stripe on hood only).

- No hood stripes run past the end of the hood (unlike Bumblebee).

- All hood stripes also run down the trunk lid.

- No stripes run along the roof (please see TXTurbo if you want some built ;)).

- Vinyl stripes are nothing new. Chevrolet has been putting vinyl stripes on Camaros now for over 30 years with no problems (1977 Camaro Z/28 and on).

- If Chevrolet can use 5 miles of vinyl tape on every 1981 Z/28 they made, I have complete confidence in the product they will be supplying us 25+ years later.

- Both black stripe packages are flat black, not gloss.

- Vinyl stripes can be waxed (except flat black).

- Vinyl stripes can be cleared over with no problems.

RPO CODES

Stripes installed by the factory are:

B7W - Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
B7X - White Rally Stripes
C30 - Black Rally Stripes
C2U - Silver Rally Stripes
C2T - Orange Rally Stripes

Stripes installed by the dealer are:

VYQ—Black Hood and Hockey Stripe (flat black)
VYP—White Hood and Hockey Stripe
VYR—Cyber Gray Hood and Hockey Stripe

Click on any link below to view cars of various colors with the stripe package you are interested in:

White Rally Stripe Thread

Black Rally Stripe Thread

Cyber Grey Rally Stripe Thread

Switchblade Silver Rally Stripe Thread

Orange Rally Stripe Thread

Black Hockey Stick and/or Hood Stripe Thread

Cyber Grey Hockey Stick and/or Hood Stripe Thread

White Hockey Stick and/or Hood Stripe Thread

Camaro_Corvette 10-19-2008 10:12 PM

awesome, great job. :thumbup:

drivingincamaro 10-19-2008 10:25 PM

and NO orange hockey and cowl or stripes ?!?! :mad0259:

i wanted to get a white camaro with orange hockey stripes and orange single hood or cowl stripe :(:cry:

well that ruins my current combo :( :( :(

i could always get my sig pic

pinkcamaro10 10-19-2008 10:29 PM

good post, now you need to put a link to it in your sig, and when the million other stripe posts are made you can show them the way! :)

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 165612)
so im a little confused on what rally stripes are?

Have you seen the Transformer movie? If so then you've seen the Rally stripes.

Quote:

and NO orange hockey and cowl stripes ?!?! :mad0259:

No

Quote:

I wanted to get a white camaro with orange hockey stripes and orange single hood or cowl stripe :(:cry:

TXTurbo can make you a set exactly the same dimensions as the factory one's in any color you want.

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 (Post 165614)
good post, now you need to put a link to it in your sig, and when the million other stripe posts are made you can show them the way! :)

You're a smart cookie! :thumbsup:

drivingincamaro 10-19-2008 10:39 PM

about txturbo making me a set of stripes does he ship them to me?

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:40 PM

^^^PM the man!

drivingincamaro 10-19-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 165629)
^^^PM the man!

o sorry

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivingincamaro (Post 165632)
o sorry

No problem. We are all here to help each other out!

02bluess 10-19-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 165598)

- No hood stripes run past the end of the hood (unlike Bumblebee).

I've been trying to find this out for some time; where/how did you get this confirmed?

Paul...

'70 RS 10-19-2008 10:49 PM

great info, was wondering where the stripes ended thanks

Hylton 10-19-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02bluess (Post 165636)
I've been trying to find this out for some time; where/how did you get this confirmed?

Paul...

There are pictures of the hockey stick stripes on this board under the accesories thread and if you go to Chevrolets Canadian camaro site, there is a film clip showing Ed Welburne looking over the rally stripe package on a silver car.

The Rally stripes must fit the SS (mailslot) and non SS cars. Having the Rally stripes flow into the mailslot area would be hell to install at a dealership.

headpunter 10-19-2008 11:05 PM

Well Played Hylton. this was a fantastic idea.