Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   SOUTH DAKOTA CAMAROS! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20861)

Miketebo22 05-01-2009 09:45 AM

SOUTH DAKOTA CAMAROS!

As of right now there are 8 people in front of me at my dealer alone, so i know that SODAK has more than a few of these beasts headed our way. One of them is built and is in transit, but i dont know who it belongs to. SHOW YOURSELVES!:wave::wave::wave:

Justcallme61 05-04-2009 04:49 AM

Oh really? Do you know where it's located? I would gladly spend the weekend driving around looking for it around Sioux Falls ;)

Miketebo22 05-04-2009 01:39 PM

yea all 8 that i am talking about are ending up in western SD. Most in Rapid. If i find out about any going east river, i will definitely let you know!

iversonjl 05-05-2009 10:46 PM

looks like there is one going to yankton!!!!!

Kyle2k 05-05-2009 10:50 PM

I'm from ND :S lol - still waiting on seeing them up here too.

Speed74SS 05-06-2009 08:17 AM

I live in Sioux Falls and ordered mine from Karl Chev in Ankeney IA because Billion in Sioux Falls wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. My order just got picked up for production a couple weeks ago - hopefully I will have it soon and I will be driving around Sioux Falls. I ordered the Pedders Xtreme Coilovers also. I pre-ordered a Black 2SS/RS manual in Oct. I also have a friend that preordered from the dealership in Brookings and should be getting his soon too - VR 2SS auto. I have a cousin that preordered a Cyber Gray with black stripes 2SS/RS auto from the Bismarck dealership.
I look forward to seeing a few on the road soon. I work at 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment in Sioux Falls, so you will see the car parked out front once I get it.

iversonjl 05-06-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 461896)
I live in Sioux Falls and ordered mine from Karl Chev in Ankeney IA because Billion in Sioux Falls wanted 5 to 10k over MSRP. My order just got picked up for production a couple weeks ago - hopefully I will have it soon and I will be driving around Sioux Falls. I ordered the Pedders Xtreme Coilovers also. I pre-ordered a Black 2SS/RS manual in Oct. I also have a friend that preordered from the dealership in Brookings and should be getting his soon too - VR 2SS auto. I have a cousin that preordered a Cyber Gray with black stripes 2SS/RS auto from the Bismarck dealership.
I look forward to seeing a few on the road soon. I work at 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment in Sioux Falls, so you will see the car parked out front once I get it.

really 5 to 10k over because i got mine for msrp from billion buick in watertown.

Justcallme61 05-06-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 461896)

I wouldn't have expected any less from them...considering it's not possible to find ANY nice car around here not marked up a few thousand, dealership or not. Mind if I stop by and check it out when you get it? :P

Speed74SS 05-06-2009 02:45 PM

I even know one of the sales guys over there and I was going to order through him but he came back and told me the 5k or 10k over MSRP and I had to respectfully decline!! That was in Oct.
Definately stop by the store and I will post it on here when I actually take delivery also. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.. I will send you a PM also when I get it.

I had to buy my MazdaSpeed 6 from a dealer in Detroit also. I wanted to buy one from Billion but I got it for about 7K cheaper elsewhere. The wife will get the 6.

Miketebo22 05-07-2009 01:08 PM

Lots of love going east river sounds like! there was a Red SS parked at the mall here in Rapid yesterday i guess...license plate was from either lead, deadwood or spearfish. Im jealous! I probably wont get my car for another 2 months which sucks, i wanted to roll up to the theatre to see the new transformers in my own version of bumblebee! Except mines black...so i guess im gonna call it the Hornet!

Speed74SS 05-07-2009 08:35 PM

Im going to have to see if there are any car clubs around here - I havent been in the loop since I had my 98SS and I sold that in 2004.

Justcallme61 05-09-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 462954)
I even know one of the sales guys over there and I was going to order through him but he came back and told me the 5k or 10k over MSRP and I had to respectfully decline!! That was in Oct.
Definately stop by the store and I will post it on here when I actually take delivery also. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.. I will send you a PM also when I get it.

I had to buy my MazdaSpeed 6 from a dealer in Detroit also. I wanted to buy one from Billion but I got it for about 7K cheaper elsewhere. The wife will get the 6.

Will do! I just can't believe the prices people and dealers want for cars around here. I was previously looking at 5.0 Mustangs and I couldn't find one for under 5000, even ones with over 150,000 miles. I will definitely be taking a road trip to get my Camaro when the time comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed74SS (Post 467571)
Im going to have to see if there are any car clubs around here - I havent been in the loop since I had my 98SS and I sold that in 2004.

That's another thing about this place lol. I don't think we have any decent car clubs around here. You don't really get love around here for your car unless you drive an Evo, STI, or Civic.:thumbdown:

Justcallme61 05-09-2009 11:05 PM

Actually I take that back. I'm sure Zekota (sp?) would gladly accept a few new Camaros on Saturdays this summer. If you didn't know, the one on Minnesota has a gathering of muscle cars every Saturday every summer. Lots of cool people there to talk muscle car with, good food too!

Speed74SS 05-10-2009 12:59 AM

I am definately going to have to hit Zekota on Saturday nights - I have some family from Brookings that hits that every once in a while with his old corvette and a few other nice older nova's and camaro's he has. I know all about the STI's and such too. One of good friends that works at 2nd Wind with me has a 2006 STI that he had upgraded by Tommy Archer racing (Vipers). It is parked at the store quite a bit and has over 400 to the wheels - very fast - I can vouch for this.