Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Trade my zl1 for a c7 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324637)

gen=5 10-31-2013 01:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
speaking of the C7 and modding things,Fastlane in Houston claims to have the baddest set of heads,and induction mods for the new C7 on the market..
My C7 is heading that way as soon as I get it,and having heads and cam done..I am hoping i will be able to drive it,I am working on losing weight,and a few other things ...

hognutz 10-31-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 7141796)
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have my two daughters back there all the time. so that is the purpose. I just call my daugher daisy bobbi cause she like to go fast and it gives her two first names.

I had a Z06 before this and I could go with one daugter in the front. second kid was the tipping point for ditching the vette. I would rather actually be able to use my car I spent a pile of money on.

vett's are a bit low too to be practical where I live. I don't live in the city there are places I just could not really take my vette for fear of scraping up the rockers. the zl1 is not that tall but that last 1-2" is night and day. my Z06 would scrap the air damn just pulling into my shop.

I would still buy a C7 if I came into some extra mad money though. love the car.

Normagene 10-31-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hognutz (Post 7144626)
I have my two daughters back there all the time. so that is the purpose. I just call my daugher daisy bobbi cause she like to go fast and it gives her two first names.

I had a Z06 before this and I could go with one daugter in the front. second kid was the tipping point for ditching the vette. I would rather actually be able to use my car I spent a pile of money on.

vett's are a bit low too to be practical where I live. I don't live in the city there are places I just could not really take my vette for fear of scraping up the rockers. the zl1 is not that tall but that last 1-2" is night and day. my Z06 would scrap the air damn just pulling into my shop.

I would still buy a C7 if I came into some extra mad money though. love the car.

Yeah I can understand that for sure. I'm just more of a peace and quiet type, so I prefer to be alone in the car or if my husband feels he has to come along I'll usually stick him in the trunk. If he can keep his trap shut, especially about my driving, I may let him ride in the passenger seat. But I will definitely have the Stun Gun and duct tape in arms reach......just incase!

hognutz 10-31-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 7144842)
Yeah I can understand that for sure. I'm just more of a peace and quiet type, so I prefer to be alone in the car or if my husband feels he has to come along I'll usually stick him in the trunk. If he can keep his trap shut, especially about my driving, I may let him ride in the passenger seat. But I will definitely have the Stun Gun and duct tape in arms reach......just incase!

yes this is right in line with my new product idea the toddler taser. any time the why is used more than two times about the same thing it automaticlly nails them.

Normagene 10-31-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hognutz (Post 7145025)
yes this is right in line with my new product idea the toddler taser. any time the why is used more than two times about the same thing it automaticlly nails them.

About a year ago the police stopped a guy because he was seen letting his kids out of the trunk! True story, I think it was in New Bedford Mass, so the news media hunts the guy down, oh and I think he went in/out of a liquor store, and he looks right into the camera, and he was pissed, and says something like "this is just a game we play and the kids love it, so F-off". I almost fell over laughing when I saw this guy! A game the kids love to play.

Normagene 11-01-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverds (Post 7119945)
My opinion is that trading the ZL1 for a C7 is like trading your wife for a stripper even though they can do all the same moves but one requires a sturdier pole.

Sturdier Pole on who's Part??? I gotta show my husband this one! Requires a Sturdier Pole! Hahaha that's a good one!

noah677 11-02-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffyjeff (Post 7120024)
Just saying I traded my c6 for a camero. Haven't looked back was just at the dealer this week and besides from the rumble of the vette there wasn't anything I could say that I liked about the c7. I would rather have the c6 than a C7 and like I said I traded my C6 for a camaro. I would never trade a zl1 for a c7. But OP that just my 2 cents.

Good move unless u had a zr1

Normagene 11-02-2013 07:07 PM

I really really tried to make it to the dealership today, I gotta see one of these in person. But I ran out of time, so now it probably won't be till next week. I did enjoy reading the article in my new Dec issue of Motor Trend on the Best Drivers Car in which the Stingray beat out the 400+K Ferrari F12!!! They thought it was just a better car to drive. The Stingray was priced at 68K. Porsche 911 took the win, 151K.

Normagene 11-06-2013 03:31 PM

I'M IN LOVE! Finally got to see my first Stingray, Night Race Blue Metallic. Stopped by the local dealership while running errands today and they had one! It's already sold so I got to see it inside the garage, not the best lighting, and they had all the doors open as well as the back. But WOW! I love it! Hopefully I'll get to sit inside one soon, this one was sold so I wouldn't even ask if I could, and I can't wait to test drive one. That dark Blue is sharp, really really good looking. Not my choice of interior or wheels, but the outside was just fantastic.

SPOOKYGUNNER 11-06-2013 04:12 PM

HUBBY

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 7144842)

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD INSTALL THE OPTIONAL "ELECTRIC SEAT/CHAIR" FEATURE AND ATTACH IT TO THE STEERING WHEEL...JUST A PUSH BUTTON AWAY FORM SILENCING THE OCCUPANT!!

littlecammi 11-06-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 7162756)
Finally got to see my first Stingray, Night Race Blue Metallic. That dark Blue is sharp, really really good looking. The outside was just fantastic.

I think it's great that people have different tastes in various things. I knew the C7 was coming and waited to see the first actual pics before ordering my '13 ZL1 late in the model year (price would have been about the same for a C7 as for my ZL1). I respect the technology and performance, but I don't like the C7 styling at all (of course, nothing will ever look as good as the '63 to '67 mid-years).

Normagene 11-06-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER (Post 7162869)
PERHAPS YOU SHOULD INSTALL THE OPTIONAL "ELECTRIC SEAT/CHAIR" FEATURE AND ATTACH IT TO THE STEERING WHEEL...JUST A PUSH BUTTON AWAY FORM SILENCING THE OCCUPANT!!

Wow, missed that option, how much does that run! I think Bond, James Bond had a similar option in his DB5. A friend of mine was getting a new Buick, medium age for this model is 63, so I asked him which option he went for. He just looked puzzled so I told him they have a choice of two different options with that model. 1. You can get the Florida License Plates or 2. The Walker in the Trunk Option!n!

JackalopeZL1 11-06-2013 11:57 PM

Saw a c7 on the road for the first time today.. liked it a lot better than in pictures :)

Normagene 11-07-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlecammi (Post 7162904)
I think it's great that people have different tastes in various things. I knew the C7 was coming and waited to see the first actual pics before ordering my '13 ZL1 late in the model year (price would have been about the same for a C7 as for my ZL1). I respect the technology and performance, but I don't like the C7 styling at all (of course, nothing will ever look as good as the '63 to '67 mid-years).

Only in America! I hear ya, its great that we so many choices in cars. I've never been one that buys only this brand just because, I buy whatever type of vehicle I just love everything about, and the new Stingray has really caught my eye. Never had a vette before, always thought they looked pretty good, but not good enough that I'd consider buying one, until now! I'd still have to get behind the wheel and see how everything feels and handles. I definitely understand how you feel about the ZL1! I drove thru the dealership once a week when it first came out just dying to see one and then finally one came in, it was love at first sight! After a test drive I'll park them side by side and do several walk rounds to really really look them both over at the time! I do love my ZL1! Or as I like to call her "The Devil's Nightmare".
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/nyzuganu.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/07/3ehesazy.jpg

08vette 11-07-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NerdWerx (Post 7124185)
One is a Sports Car, the other is a Muscle Car. Which "genre" of cars do you want to own? They're very different in quite possibly every way. Yes, they are both fast, both handle great, and both do similar things similarly, but they are very different beasts for very different people. Personally, I chose the muscle car route. I love the roar of the ZL1 and the mean "in-your-face" stance it has sitting in my garage. People driving by my house stop and take notice because it looks so angry. Would a C7 do that? Possibly, but being a "base" Corvette the "newness" of the C7 may wear off after a while. Will the meanness of the ZL1 wear off? I'm betting no. It's one of those cars that will be talked about for decades to come. Much like the original ZL1s and Z/28s. In other news, I feel Chevy did the world right with the new Z/28. They brought back the "BOOM". Same with the ZL1 and COPO. Chevy is really taking some good advice from someone because their views on current and future car line-ups are just amazing...

the Zl1 is awesome but to 99% of the population it is just a camaro, which isn't a bad thing, but I am sure Zl1 owners dont want to hear that. their is something iconic about a corvette

snackbar64 11-07-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08vette (Post 7164886)
the Zl1 is awesome but to 99% of the population it is just a camaro, which isn't a bad thing, but I am sure Zl1 owners dont want to hear that. their is something iconic about a corvette

That is not true. Most people I encounter can't stop staring at the car. I get neck snapping stares on the highway or when the car is parked. It's really a head turning design and the visual asthetics of performance package of this car sets I apart from anything else. It just looks special.

lbls1 11-07-2013 10:28 AM

^A lot of owners of foreign and exotic cars have a not so ideal opinion about the corvette. Some of those people (believe it or not) view the vette as just another chevrolet. While that view may be a bit unfair, you'd be surprised in knowing what people think about any domestic car at a given time.

My motto is to judge a car on its abilities, and not necessarily by its nameplate.

snackbar64 11-07-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08vette (Post 7164886)

In my experience I have not found that to be true. Most people I encounter can't stop staring at the car. I get neck snapping stares on the highway or when the car is parked. It's really a head turning design and the visual asthetics of performance package of this car sets I apart from anything else. It just looks special. I valet park this baby all the time and the guys fight over the opportunity to park it. They get plenty of Ferraris, Bentleys but the ZL1 is more rare around here for some reason.

motorhead 11-07-2013 10:56 AM

I've have been thinking real hard about it. I'm just not sure if I'm wild about the new look yet. I know the performance it amazing. So there in lies my conflict.

Normagene 11-07-2013 11:08 AM

A great looking car always gets second looks. I always get "thumbs up" from guys of every age range, old, young, if they're a car guy, they notice. I told my hubby that every time I go to Walmart and a young chick sees me coming, all of a sudden I see her flip her hair back and push out her chest and as I get closer I see her big smile drop when she notices its a girl driving. So ten or fifteen minutes later my husband says "need anything, I'm going to Walmart real quick" men, they're all the same!

Never gave White much thought until I saw this:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/08/ejunute3.jpg

jm88 11-10-2013 07:40 PM

I have only one problem with the C7 besides the 1st year glitches:

I'm wondering if it's going to be a durable car? In average driving, in average places with speed bumps... potholes etc.

The new aluminum frame while being stiff... can it take abuse ?

Asab 12-02-2013 02:08 AM

The C7 is nice BUT car of the year ......:rolleyes: Trust me go drive a C7 then drive a Ferrari 458 you tell me what you would rather own L O L ......Anyway......

They did a very nice job with it but its a BASE corvette soon once they sell them to all the people who want them there will be a whole lot of them around. Also people are paying above MSRP for them that's nutz.... The Newness of the car will fade.

The Tech in the Vette is really good but lets see what happens when they release the new ZR1 in two years THAT will be KING and 120+ to own lol..

The ZL1 is going to be a rare car I expect there going to stop making them soon too.

Time will tell but in 25 years I think a ZL1 will be more collectable then a C7 base.

Asab..............

JackalopeZL1 12-02-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asab (Post 7229597)
The C7 is nice BUT car of the year ......:rolleyes: Trust me go drive a C7 then drive a Ferrari 458 you tell me what you would rather own L O L ......Anyway......

I would think Price is a huge factor when considering car of the year.. the performance you get compared to a car that costs 10 times as much suddenly they seem to be much more equal..

If money was no object at all of course who would not want the ferrari:D

11B250 12-02-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joes407 (Post 7140907)
ive been a die hard Camaro guy for over 25 years until I saw those stingrays at the show. then listening to those guys brag about their great 29mpg and no gas guzzler tax I was forced to go drive some. the one I really seem to like is the 09 Z06. with 505 hp that thing is a beast and easily demonstrates what 1000 lbs less body weight really does for the seat of the pants. now im torn, keep my heavy 12 mpg Camaro that the paint flakes off of every time I drive it or trade to a 20+ mpg avg corvette at 1000 lbs less and less of a car payment

Well? do you want the back seats?

and paint flaking? am I missing something here?

11B250 12-02-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 7141796)
Never understood the purpose of the back seat in the ZL1. It's not like anybody can actually fit back there??? Do love the Big Trunk, easily fits/holds TWO Adult Bodies! Have to checkout the Stingrays trunk, never know who may end up back there???......

Works great for someone like me that might have a baby coming on the way, or a child. by the time the kids are too old to fit in there, I will probably have something else :D