Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   MGW Shifter Install (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63061)

SSRSLY 01-28-2010 03:18 PM

MGW Shifter Install

Just want to make sure I cover the bases here! This install article can also be used for other shifter installs as well, they just won't be as involved or complicated.

http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To..._Camaro_SS/133

1 RD JEWL 01-28-2010 04:08 PM

Great link.

herkman 01-28-2010 08:49 PM

MGW's web site has a full installation video also that is pretty good.

SSRSLY 01-28-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkman (Post 1427478)
MGW's web site has their own full installation video.

We realize that, and we did use it, as mentioned and recommended in our article, but 1) not everyone has a computer in their garage, and 2) some parts in the video were hard to see, so MGW asked us to get good, clear pictures of our install, which we tried our best to do :thumbsup:

herkman 01-29-2010 04:33 PM

Well you didn't say that in your post and if you don't have a computer in your garage, then your video won't help much either. The MGW video is still a better installation guide!

SSE 4 2SS 01-29-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSRSLY (Post 1426243)
Just want to make sure I cover the bases here! This install article can also be used for other shifter installs as well, they just won't be as involved or complicated.

http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To..._Camaro_SS/133

Thanks SSRSLY, I wish I had the photo's available when I installed mine.... It would have made it easier...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSRSLY (Post 1427567)
We realize that, and we did use it, as mentioned and recommended in our article, but 1) not everyone has a computer in their garage, and 2) some parts in the video were hard to see, so MGW asked us to get good, clear pictures of our install, which we tried our best to do :thumbsup:

George did ask for that as well...!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkman (Post 1429815)
Well you didn't say that in your post and if you don't have a computer in your garage, then your video won't help much either. The MGW video is still a better installation guide!

Does it matter if he said it in his first post...$%&$^@$%&$&... Some people have laptops... some people have printers, and one video is professionally done, so what, the guy put extra effort into his install and it provides additional reference material for those of us doing this ourselves...Herkman [sic]

Thank You SSRSLY, for your effort and time... hope you enjoy the MGW as much as I do...

herkman 01-29-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Does it matter if he said it in his first post...$%&$^@$%&$&... Some people have laptops... some people have printers, and one video is professionally done, so what, the guy put extra effort into his install and it provides additional reference material for those of us doing this ourselves...Herkman [sic]
If you look at SSRSLY's response to me, He's the one that was "smart" about most people don't have a computer in their garage!

I installed my MGW and their video was very complete and informative. By not knowing that MGW supposedly asked him to do that, I was just being a helpful member by stating that MGW had an installation VIDEO. Now go play with your fish.

:readthethread:

will69camaro 01-29-2010 10:15 PM

SSRSLY isn't a he, SHE was asked for the installation tips. If you had the video you know as well as I do not every step has clear video of what he's doing. WE tried to portray the installation with clear pictures and steps to help people that dont want to resort to the video. Please be a "helpful member" in another thread, you're simply stirring the pot.

herkman 01-29-2010 10:52 PM

PHP Code:

MGW's web site has their own full installation video. 

:readthethread:

That is all I said before you guys started the stirring. Get over it and move on. The MGW video was clear to me....but then again, I am mechanically inclined.

You all are making a mountain out of a mole hill

will69camaro 01-29-2010 11:05 PM

You're right, neither of us (myself or SSRSLY) are mechanically inclined. Just been working on cars most of our lives and both mechanical engineers...

I've read the thread. I also fully read the installation article she posted (even the part where it SAYS
Quote:

MGW includes a CD containing very detailed installation videos for each step, and we strongly recommend watching all of them before heading out to work on the car
Maybe take a little of your own advice and read before posting?

herkman 01-29-2010 11:38 PM

PHP Code:

You're right, neither of us (myself or SSRSLY) are mechanically inclined 

I didn't think so. That answers everthing. Post over

will69camaro 01-29-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herkman (Post 1431008)
PHP Code:

Maybe take a little of your own advice and read before posting

That answers everthing. Post over

Cool :)

bballr4567 01-29-2010 11:56 PM

How does it feel compared to the stock shifter? I love my MGW on my Formula. :D:D

will69camaro 01-30-2010 01:01 AM

Have to let SSRSLY answer for that as she's been driving it more lately. I drove it a little while before I went offshore. Installed it the first day we had this car. LOVE it over the stock one (had 6500 miles on the stock shifter in our first camaro). I found myself shifting a LOT more than I normally would because it was just more "fun."

It is a little stiff but we're told it will ease up with age. He sets the springs STIFF so when they break in they're "perfect."

Maybe Kat can contribute to this as she's put several hundred miles on it daily driving it :)

For the money and what you get, there is no rival IMO.

William