Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Vengeance Racing Builds HufferSS's 2011 Camaro. Whipple/Cam/Fuel/Rear/Susp/Meth (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174759)

HufferSS 10-27-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullF-16 (Post 3935785)
Very nice! I think i will copy your use of the twin street slayer and 9 in rear. Pete is installing a full Pedders Justice pkg on the 10th and 11th.

Are you still running the stock bottom end? I am just trying to figure out how many 600+ guys are running the stock bottom for my piece of mind.

I am still stock bottom end and quite honestly I think I could run the stock bottom end for a long time. The difference is the tune.....if you have a hack tuner then you're in trouble but my pump gas tune is conservative and still produces great power and drivability. Most of the guys running around popping motors are from unknown shops with questionable ability in my opinion. I added the Meth as another barrier between me and detonation so I honestly don't worry about the stock engine at all....now that said....we ordered an RHS block for it today.

The Twin Carbon clutch and 9" is a great combo.....my Twin Carbon setup is going to be for sale very soon. I ordered an RPM 4L80e trans yesterday....should have done it when they had the car the first time but I LOVE the stick shift......but I LOVE being able to talk junk about Low ET more so the stick shift is coming out.

BullF-16 10-27-2011 01:06 PM

Hmmm.....very interesting info on your clutch! I also have an outstanding tune so this puts me more at ease. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by HufferSS (Post 3935893)
I am still stock bottom end and quite honestly I think I could run the stock bottom end for a long time. The difference is the tune.....if you have a hack tuner then you're in trouble but my pump gas tune is conservative and still produces great power and drivability. Most of the guys running around popping motors are from unknown shops with questionable ability in my opinion. I added the Meth as another barrier between me and detonation so I honestly don't worry about the stock engine at all....now that said....we ordered an RHS block for it today.

The Twin Carbon clutch and 9" is a great combo.....my Twin Carbon setup is going to be for sale very soon. I ordered an RPM 4L80e trans yesterday....should have done it when they had the car the first time but I LOVE the stick shift......but I LOVE being able to talk junk about Low ET more so the stick shift is coming out.

HufferSS 10-27-2011 01:48 PM

I'll post it for sale when we're ready...shouldn't be but a few weeks. Trans is on the way but we need to get the 427 built first.

BigMatt 10-27-2011 03:35 PM

how much are you gonna sell the whipple and twin disc for??

Sales @ ECS 10-27-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HufferSS (Post 3935711)
We couldn't run it out the back door but it clicked off a bunch of 7.0 1/8 miles which should be 10.9x or so. I've put Pfadt drag coilovers on it since then and some race gas and timing.

The car produced a best 60 I think of 1.6x before....Ron has the slips...so if we can get 1.5 out of it it and then more power we should be able to see some 10.60s I hope.

Really we want to see the impact of the Pfadt coilovers more than anything as I am about to start on Phase II of my build....so the Whipple is probably up for sale.

Only suspension mod I had done was the Pfadt Coilovers, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft & DSS Level V Axles, I went 1.50 on the short-time modulating throttle, and chucked the rear on the 1-2 shift :barf: However, pass before that went a 1.58 60' and a 10.12...

The Pfadt Coils worked awesome, but I was still getting a bunch of negative camber on the launch (Blowing the tires loose). So, I just told Blair to send me everything you make for the rear & then Frank helped me go off the deep end with his badass DSS 9" Conversion... Now the car just hits hard, dead hooks, on a 18" drag radial coming off a 3800 2-step on the brake :) We'll see how 4200 off the brake works this weekend (If it doesn't snow!).

Phase II ?? Nice, 427 RHS... I have a nice S/C kit that would match Synergy Green very well to power that 427 :)

Good luck with this Huffer, you'll get it to where you want to be...

GREAT BUILD Vengeance!

Huffer: You coming down to the IRS Shootout in Nov?

HufferSS 10-27-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ ECS (Post 3936919)
Only suspension mod I had done was the Pfadt Coilovers, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft & DSS Level V Axles, I went 1.50 on the short-time modulating throttle, and chucked the rear on the 1-2 shift :barf: However, pass before that went a 1.58 60' and a 10.12...

The Pfadt Coils worked awesome, but I was still getting a bunch of negative camber on the launch (Blowing the tires loose). So, I just told Blair to send me everything you make for the rear & then Frank helped me go off the deep end with his badass DSS 9" Conversion... Now the car just hits hard, dead hooks, on a 18" drag radial coming off a 3800 2-step on the brake :) We'll see how 4200 off the brake works this weekend (If it doesn't snow!).

Phase II ?? Nice, 427 RHS... I have a nice S/C kit that would match Synergy Green very well to power that 427 :)

Good luck with this Huffer, you'll get it to where you want to be...

GREAT BUILD Vengeance!

Huffer: You coming down to the IRS Shootout in Nov?

Hey Matt...I have a Pfadt full rear suspension now.....we put the drag coilovers on today and replaced the regular Pfadt sport bars with a rear Drag bar setup so we should be good to go.

I'm still on the M6 for now so 60' is kind of hit or miss....Ron can drive a stick pretty well so I expect he'll be able to torch a few 1.50s through it and probably see some 10.6xs or so.....we're only running 10lbs of boost.

We are going to run it at the IRS shootout and then the car is coming apart and getting an RHS 427 and an RPM 4L80e and it looks like a Procharger F1R for a supercharger. You guys have a nice setup with that Novi but I am looking to actually go low 9s on this next build.

See you at the shootout...I am anxious to see your car...it is badass with that little Novi cranking it out.

jrpxxii 10-27-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HufferSS (Post 3935893)
I ordered an RPM 4L80e trans yesterday....should have done it when they had the car the first time but I LOVE the stick shift......but I LOVE being able to talk junk about Low ET more so the stick shift is coming out.

I was in the same boat as I have always love the stick but I was in total awe the first time I ripped down the track with my RPM 4l80e. Mash the gas and hold on:laughabove:

HufferSS 10-27-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 3937014)
I was in the same boat as I have always love the stick but I was in total awe the first time I ripped down the track with my RPM 4l80e. Mash the gas and hold on:laughabove:

Yep...I agree. Mine is on the way....full billet, all the bells and whistles for a 4L80 along with a Coan 3600 converter and a carbon driveshaft with a billet yoke.

I can't wait...trying to figure out the shifter right now....Hurst makes a nice looking one.

jrpxxii 10-27-2011 06:03 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HufferSS (Post 3937023)
Yep...I agree. Mine is on the way....full billet, all the bells and whistles for a 4L80 along with a Coan 3600 converter and a carbon driveshaft with a billet yoke.

I can't wait...trying to figure out the shifter right now....Hurst makes a nice looking one.

I built mine the same way but swapping out converter as it was too tight and holding us back and RPM offers a 1 time swap. I had a carbon driveshaft but I now have a chromoly shaft. You are gonna love it.:)

HufferSS 10-27-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 3937459)
:)

I built mine the same way but swapping out converter as it was too tight and holding us back and RPM offers a 1 time swap. I had a carbon driveshaft but I now have a chromoly shaft. You are gonna love it.:)

What happened with your carbon shaft? I have heard some great reviews and other questionable ones? What are you changing your converter to for a stall?

jrpxxii 10-27-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HufferSS (Post 3937661)
What happened with your carbon shaft? I have heard some great reviews and other questionable ones? What are you changing your converter to for a stall?

From what I understand the bonding on the carbon comes apart. I am going with a 3800 or 4000 stall. Gotta figure that out.

HufferSS 10-27-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 3937873)
From what I understand the bonding on the carbon comes apart. I am going with a 3800 or 4000 stall. Gotta figure that out.

Did your bonding come apart or were you trying to be pro-active? I heard they had issues with the early shafts but have them figured out now?

BLACK10 10-27-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ ECS (Post 3936919)

phsssssssss.....Lethal car went 1.52 on COMPLETLY bone stock suspension and drivetrain.....unitil the 4200 stall burned the tranny.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrpxxii (Post 3937873)

man IMHO i wouldnt go with that big of a stall with that much power

HufferSS 10-27-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLACK10 (Post 3938001)
phsssssssss.....Lethal car went 1.52 on COMPLETLY bone stock suspension and drivetrain.....unitil the 4200 stall burned the tranny.:D

What is the low ET for the Lethal car?