Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown NJ (don't buy from there) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73014)

lpdrennan 03-24-2010 09:04 PM

Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown NJ (don't buy from there)

:mad0260:I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6’s and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasn’t even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I don’t know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didn’t have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they won’t let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really don’t need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesn’t understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly “you’ve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.” Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I can’t say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didn’t even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.

SirBrad 03-24-2010 09:22 PM

That's the first place I went to test drive the Camaro. Last May. They had a Red 1LT on the lot, and when I first sat down with the salesman, the first price he sketched up was "$675 a month for 5 years" and this was with me saying I had about $2 grand to put down.

He was a real moron, no doubt.

Hopper 03-24-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lpdrennan (Post 1631851)
:mad0260:I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6’s and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasn’t even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I don’t know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didn’t have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they won’t let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really don’t need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesn’t understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly “you’ve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.” Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I can’t say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didn’t even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.

First of all...on behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to apologize for your dealership experience. While I can't change what happened, I hope your Camaro ownership experience makes this a distant memory.

I work for Chevrolet in the regional office in NY and want you to know that I will be getting personally involved with this one. As a 25 year GM employee and Camaro owner, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. While reading your post, I tried to think of what the salesperson's side of the story could be (usually, there are always two sides) but the profanity and insulting tone you experienced on the phone was inexcusable. The salesperson lost and what little support he had from me at that point. I feel a little better that management got involved to your satisfaction but the fact the salesperson never apologized and was still there when you went back floors me. If I owned that dealership, I would have walked him out personally.

I will be asking our local zone team to follow up with the owner and management of this dealership regarding your experience to make sure this salesperson is counseled and this doesn't happen again. In order to follow up, it would help to know the last 8 digits of your VIN number so I can look up your information in our systems. I would certainly understand if you wish to remain anonymous, but the information helps me put a name on the experience and will let me track it back to the exact salesperson. Please PM me this information if you would like me to take this route. If not, I will still follow up on your behalf in a more general fashion.

Again, I apologize for your experience. GM and Chevrolet went through a very public bad time last year and your type of experience is the last thing we need as we try to rebuild the public's confidence in Chevrolet. As we re-invent this company, we need to make sure all our customers are as happy with their dealership experience as they are with our vehicles and their ownership experience. We simply can't afford to allow experiences like this one to go unaddressed.:chevy:

Blump 03-24-2010 10:00 PM

I think I dealt with the same guy. I ended up getting mine at Pine Belt in Lakewood.

caddycruiser 03-24-2010 10:21 PM

It's good to see people are watching...

Yes, they run themselves in the end, but it never ceases to amaze how simply POOR so many dealers are from sales to service even today. I can tell right away, even just internet shopping, how a dealer and their people operate from an email, and there needs to be more oversight & regulation from GM. "You do this or we'll take your franchise". Period.

Sorry to hear about your experience. If GM steps in, hopefully a positive result comes, if not for you, for future shoppers.

Mason44 03-24-2010 11:20 PM

Wow thats horrible man.

papabearcamaro 03-25-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopper (Post 1632107)
First of all...on behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to apologize for your dealership experience. While I can't change what happened, I hope your Camaro ownership experience makes this a distant memory.

I work for Chevrolet in the regional office in NY and want you to know that I will be getting personally involved with this one. As a 25 year GM employee and Camaro owner, this kind of thing makes my blood boil. While reading your post, I tried to think of what the salesperson's side of the story could be (usually, there are always two sides) but the profanity and insulting tone you experienced on the phone was inexcusable. The salesperson lost and what little support he had from me at that point. I feel a little better that management got involved to your satisfaction but the fact the salesperson never apologized and was still there when you went back floors me. If I owned that dealership, I would have walked him out personally.

I will be asking our local zone team to follow up with the owner and management of this dealership regarding your experience to make sure this salesperson is counseled and this doesn't happen again. In order to follow up, it would help to know the last 8 digits of your VIN number so I can look up your information in our systems. I would certainly understand if you wish to remain anonymous, but the information helps me put a name on the experience and will let me track it back to the exact salesperson. Please PM me this information if you would like me to take this route. If not, I will still follow up on your behalf in a more general fashion.

Again, I apologize for your experience. GM and Chevrolet went through a very public bad time last year and your type of experience is the last thing we need as we try to rebuild the public's confidence in Chevrolet. As we re-invent this company, we need to make sure all our customers are as happy with their dealership experience as they are with our vehicles and their ownership experience. We simply can't afford to allow experiences like this one to go unaddressed.:chevy:

Thank you Sir for helping this customer out. You have my upmost respect. You could have easily glanced by this thread and ignored it but you did not.
So many times we thank the build team for our beautiful cars(which we should constantly do as they more than deserve it) but there are so many other dedicated GM Employees behind the sceens that don't get enough recognition for stepping up to the plate and doing a well done job. My hat is off to you Sir.

ArmyK9Cop 03-25-2010 01:38 AM

Hopper, Sir when I see posts like yours it reminds me of what makes america great when someone extends a helping hand to little guy. Sir I salute you.:clap::respekt:

esfkotaro 03-25-2010 01:53 AM

I'm glad I live in the area of NJ I do. Muller Chevrolet in Stewartsville just off 78 before getting into PA is practically a second home to my family, we're always in there checking out cars\trucks, and buying from there. I'm a Ford guy at heart, but I'll be damned if I wanna ever have to deal with any other dealership. The great service, great prices and overall A+ experience there is a huge part of why this Blue-Oval guy is behind a Bowtie, for the 3rd time in a row now. (2008 Cobalt, 2007 Silverado 2500HD and now the 2010 Camaro). At any time right now, you can find 3-6 cars bought from there in my driveway...and I have a feeling that it'll be that way for as long as we live within a 100 miles of that dealership.

It's been well over a month since I picked up my Camaro, and I still get the occasional email from them to make sure I'm happy and to ask if there's anything else I need help with. I send all my friends\relatives to them because I know it's a recommendation I'll never have to regret making.

Thrillz 03-25-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Wow why is that salesman even still working there. That guy should never be allowed to work with the public ever again let alone GM. The owner should have throw that dirt bag out by the ear.:thumbdown: Im shocked really.

JerseyMonte 03-25-2010 07:08 AM

Good buying experience

Couldn't ask for a better experience from a dealer
in southern NJ The best delivery I ever had on a new vehicle
[I've had about 20]
The first thing they did was wipe out the 5 K surcharge,
they picked me up at my home to take delivery
left the front tag off, and gave me every document that
was in the car,everything I asked for
They bend over backwards to please customers
a lot of dealers make you bend over forward,
I guess you found one of them

LEADfoot927 03-25-2010 08:23 AM

I bought mine from there and I didnt have a problem. Who was your salesman?

ZuluKilla8 03-25-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esfkotaro (Post 1632756)
I'm glad I live in the area of NJ I do. Muller Chevrolet in Stewartsville just off 78 before getting into PA is practically a second home to my family, we're always in there checking out cars\trucks, and buying from there. I'm a Ford guy at heart, but I'll be damned if I wanna ever have to deal with any other dealership. The great service, great prices and overall A+ experience there is a huge part of why this Blue-Oval guy is behind a Bowtie, for the 3rd time in a row now. (2008 Cobalt, 2007 Silverado 2500HD and now the 2010 Camaro). At any time right now, you can find 3-6 cars bought from there in my driveway...and I have a feeling that it'll be that way for as long as we live within a 100 miles of that dealership.

It's been well over a month since I picked up my Camaro, and I still get the occasional email from them to make sure I'm happy and to ask if there's anything else I need help with. I send all my friends\relatives to them because I know it's a recommendation I'll never have to regret making.

I got my Camaro from them also in December, and my past three vehicles from them:w00t: Great service and still recieve emails from them...who was your salesman?

scrboy2002@aol.com 03-25-2010 08:51 AM

GO 2 miles south

Quote:

Why? Why would you go to Pine Belt? THey are horrible. Go into Ocean TWP< and go to Seacoast Chevrolet. Tell them Bill Frampton told you about them. Great customer service, friendly staff. Ive dealt with them through 20 different Chevy's (now 21, just picked up my 1SS/RS M6 Sunroof IDM WHite Rally) on Saturday. GO THERE!