Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Official Edmonton & Area Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139479)

CanadianBacon 04-06-2011 08:53 PM

The Official Edmonton & Area Thread

So I've been driving around the city and I really haven't seen any 5th gens out and about. I've seen 3 here in Sherwood Park, but the one's I've seen in the city were all at the dealerships... So to all owners in the E-town area: feel free to introduce yourselves, and use this thread for posting pics, sightings, setting up meets, posting your Castrol times, chatting, ranting, etc.
I'm sure there will be lots of new joiners to the forum this year, so let's welcome them all!:chevy:

DJ ATOMIX 04-06-2011 09:29 PM

Today was the first day I was out on the road with the Camaro. Soo much sand and grit around, I'm taking it slow when driving the streets.

Shaun

bluch 04-06-2011 11:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been driving mine all year. I'm still sitting on Winter tires at the moment.

2LT RS Victory Red

Hope to see you out there :D

Kitty 04-07-2011 11:26 AM

southwest of edmonton here. i travel mostly hiway 13, 795 and 616. i hate the city with a passion and don't go there very often, but if you do see a black on black v6 rs with transformers center caps, blacked out windows and soon to be all black bow ties send a wave out

my girl

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2400270_n.jpg

me and my girl

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2915118_n.jpg

i have a friend in the same area with a rally yellow SS with unpainted ground effects, and also an unknown inferno orange with unpainted ground effects that i've seen in the same area. if you are on here do speak up and say hi

bluch 04-07-2011 08:58 PM

Kitty,

Are you coming on the cruise this year? You didn't come last year did you?

Bond 04-07-2011 09:15 PM

Jeremy in Morinville here! We haven't hit the pavement yet but I hope the roads will be ready for when I get back to town April 18th!

The garage queen is a Black 2010 SS/RS, LS3, with custom white leather.
I can't wait to hit the streets!!

hot ss 04-07-2011 09:20 PM

ive been driving for 10 days....
tank and a half or so.

Kitty 04-07-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3068370)
Kitty,

Are you coming on the cruise this year? You didn't come last year did you?

no i missed the cruise last year and when i was told to come to c5 because there were lots of people in my area i registered specifically cuz i saw the thread about that huge cruise

i was supposed to be in oshawa this year, however i am unable to make that trek and booking the weekend of the cruise off to come and meet some local peeps

i honestly don't spend much time here and have to subscribe to threads just so i know when there are responses lol

hot ss 04-07-2011 10:19 PM

well hope youll make this one then!

Kitty 04-07-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hot ss (Post 3068737)
well hope youll make this one then!

that's the plan. i'm going tomorrow afternoon to put registration on my car in hopes that i might be able to take her out for a drive this weekend

worse case scenario she will go straight from my house to the comp shop on april 18th to get her front end fixed from an accident from last year, then i'll have her till the snow is ready to fly again

hot ss 04-07-2011 10:41 PM

oh no, hope you didnt hit a moose, heh.

Silver Ice Man 04-08-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3068812)
that's the plan. i'm going tomorrow afternoon to put registration on my car in hopes that i might be able to take her out for a drive this weekend

worse case scenario she will go straight from my house to the comp shop on april 18th to get her front end fixed from an accident from last year, then i'll have her till the snow is ready to fly again

Oh God, I don't know that I could let her sit all winter knowing she was damaged:cry::cry:
Hope to see you on the June 18 cruise

Kitty 04-08-2011 08:44 AM

well the short of the long on the story

end of aug last year i was in line at a touchless car wash and this dizzy b*tch backed into me. she missed the key pad or something, slammed it into reverse and wam nailed the front end of my car. it's taken my insurance company this long to fight for me and get her company to cover all the repairs including my deduc. finally got authorization begining of march and booked her in for apr 18th in hopes the roads are good enough for me to go in

68 RS 04-08-2011 09:26 AM

Here is St. Albert now. The 2010 is still in storage.

However, the 1968 RS is back from the paint shop, now I'm looking for some volunteers to turn wrenches. Any takers? Can't wait until this build is done.

jgenest66 04-08-2011 10:52 AM

Joe from Sherwood Park. hay 68 are you going to post any pictures ?

Kitty 04-08-2011 03:02 PM

woot woot just got registration back on the car. if i can get enough trenching done this weekend to move some water from my property might even be able to take her for a spin on sunday!!!

oh and WTH is up with the $14/yr increase on registration fees?!?!?!? the goverment is a damn rip off

Silver Ice Man 04-08-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3069880)

end of aug last year i was in line at a touchless car wash and this dizzy b*tch backed into me. she missed the key pad or something, slammed it into reverse and wam nailed the front end of my car. it's taken my insurance company this long to fight for me and get her company to cover all the repairs including my deduc. finally got authorization begining of march and booked her in for apr 18th in hopes the roads are good enough for me to go in

Bummer, go to a "touchless" carwash, the get backed into......so much for "touchless":sm0:
Best of luck in your repairs.

bluch 04-08-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3069880)

wow. what a stupid idiot. i hope all goes well with your repairs and we will see you on the streets this year :D

CanadianBacon 04-08-2011 07:39 PM

There's some new competition cruising the streets guys, yesterday my girlfriend spotted the 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. It was orange with black stripes on Wye Road in Sherwood Park. Looks like I'll have to get started on exhaust and intake to get that extra 14 hp...

Kitty 04-08-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3072154)
wow. what a stupid idiot. i hope all goes well with your repairs and we will see you on the streets this year :D

i'll fill ya in on the whole story at the cruise this year. you'll get a kick out if hahaha

it's just not appropriate for public posting

bluch 04-08-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3072686)
i'll fill ya in on the whole story at the cruise this year. you'll get a kick out if hahaha

it's just not appropriate for public posting

alright sounds good. Hopefully we have a few smaller sized "cruises" / "meets" in Edmonton this year besides the BIG one......we had 1 Edmonton cruise last year and it was a lot of fun :D

Kitty 04-08-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3073099)
alright sounds good. Hopefully we have a few smaller sized "cruises" / "meets" in Edmonton this year besides the BIG one......we had 1 Edmonton cruise last year and it was a lot of fun :D

sounds like a hellava idea. i just need some advance warning heads up as i do work the occasional saturday and it takes me just under an hour to get to the city from my acerage

Bond 04-08-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3073099)

Bring on the good times! :popcorn:

68 RS 04-09-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgenest66 (Post 3070453)
Joe from Sherwood Park. hay 68 are you going to post any pictures ?

When I'm done. Not much to look at now, just a body and a bunch of parts.

Kitty 04-10-2011 05:43 PM

well i couldn't fight the urge any longer. i took my baby girl out for her first drive of the season today

boy howdy have i missed my car

gonna watch the weather this week and see if it's warm enough to start taking her to work before she goes in for her fix up

bluch 04-10-2011 05:44 PM

just be careful on the those summer perelli's in the morning. the summer rubber doesnt react well to the colder and below 0 temps, especially on the highway

Kitty 04-10-2011 05:59 PM

reasons why i'm watching the weather my friend ;)

i actually found that -3 was their limit last fall. after that they no stick so good

bluch 04-10-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3078919)
reasons why i'm watching the weather my friend ;)

i actually found that -3 was their limit last fall. after that they no stick so good

ya, im still sitting on my winter tires, even tho the pavement is pretty much completely dry.

i'm planning to do the switch in my driveway next weekend

Bond 04-13-2011 09:30 AM

I'm comin home on Saturday, (April 16th)
How's the weather?
That slippery white sh** gone yet??

Kitty 04-13-2011 09:58 AM

well that's a loaded question bond. it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. i've heard all reports from less them a cm to 15-20cm. check back on fri and see how it's looking hahah

CamChick 04-13-2011 11:43 AM

yup apparently it's gonna be crappy over these next few days - anything up to 20cm for here and maybe more in other areas.... I'd sit on those winter tires a little longer Bluch :)

bluch 04-13-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamChick (Post 3090955)
yup apparently it's gonna be crappy over these next few days - anything up to 20cm for here and maybe more in other areas.... I'd sit on those winter tires a little longer Bluch :)

was planning on changing them over on Saturday.....but hearing this i may just have to wait...boooooooooooooo :(

bluch 04-13-2011 11:54 PM

anybody know a special dance or prayer to keep this projected "1-15 cm" of snow away tonight/tomorrow?????

Kitty 04-14-2011 09:40 AM

nope nothing that i tried worked

we are buried right now and it's still coming down in blizzard conditions. i'm trying to figure out if i can get my car onto our flat deck trailer to trailer it to the shop next monday for it's repairs cuz this white sh*t is supposed to keep up right through till next tues

why is it the weather people are only ever correct when snow is involved :(

Silver Ice Man 04-14-2011 10:21 AM

FOR GOD SAKE:mad0260:, enough SNOW already, I haven't even bothered to take the cover off the camaro yet, I am getting more use out of my snow blower than my camaro so far.
Only in Alberta!!!!

DJ ATOMIX 04-14-2011 06:38 PM

I bit my lip several times driving home from the exhaust shop this afternoon. I was soo nervous as the roads are in terrible condition.

The DT headers and MRT exhaust sound fantastic so far but I'll have to wait untill sunday most likely before the streets clean up a bit. Camaro is going back away for a few more days :( .

MY god, enough snow, we need heat now!

Shaun

bluch 04-14-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX (Post 3096444)
I bit my lip several times driving home from the exhaust shop this afternoon. I was soo nervous as the roads are in terrible condition.

The DT headers and MRT exhaust sound fantastic so far but I'll have to wait untill sunday most likely before the streets clean up a bit. Camaro is going back away for a few more days :( .

MY god, enough snow, we need heat now!

Shaun

how much did the exhaust cost you? including install?

i'm thinking that is going to be my next purchase for the car, i'd love to hear yours in person before doing it tho

bluch 04-14-2011 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 3094748)
nope nothing that i tried worked

we are buried right now and it's still coming down in blizzard conditions. i'm trying to figure out if i can get my car onto our flat deck trailer to trailer it to the shop next monday for it's repairs cuz this white sh*t is supposed to keep up right through till next tues

why is it the weather people are only ever correct when snow is involved :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Ice Man (Post 3094878)
FOR GOD SAKE:mad0260:, enough SNOW already, I haven't even bothered to take the cover off the camaro yet, I am getting more use out of my snow blower than my camaro so far.
Only in Alberta!!!!

Lovely

DJ ATOMIX 04-14-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluch (Post 3096550)
how much did the exhaust cost you? including install?

i'm thinking that is going to be my next purchase for the car, i'd love to hear yours in person before doing it tho

This was my invoice from *************;

Subtotal 429.99
Coupon discount (save10) -10.00
Subtotal 419.99
Shipping 22.29
Tax 0.00
Total 442.28

And then when UPS arrived at the door, they charged me an additional $68 to cover taxes and brokerage fees. So out of my pocket, I paid a grand total of $510.28 for the exhaust.

Installation wise I cannot give you an accurate estimate as I had the headers installed as well and DT headers are stupidly hard to install as you can only weld and they require cutting the stock pipes a bit.

Um, my grand shop total was $724 after taxes for both the exhaust and header ((install)). I had everything welded permanent so no clamps loosening or leakage. This costed more than just clamps. I bet clamps would cost like $450-500 total.

I'm guessing having just the MRT exhaust installed would cost you about $100-130 after taxes clamped or about $200-250 after taxes if you want them welded.

Um, we should pick a time one of these days and we could hook up. I think I might hitup Hughes on Monday afternoon after this craptastic weather heads west finally and give CrazyBee a nice wash.

EDIT: I got MRT 1.0 not 2.0 FYI. I'm imaging MRT 2 would be quite a bit more quieter. MRT 1.0 sounds wicked at idle but gets very loud after 2500rpm lol. I'm already getting used to it just from the first drive home.... I love it. Oh and the resonators are still in for now. It will cost me another $100-120 after taxes to get them removed and replaced with pipes if I wish to do so.

I'm gonna recommend Atlas Exhaust, those guys were extremely nice, they know exactly what the customer wants and they insure the job gets done. They even explained the under carriage of the Camaro to me after it got up on the hoist.. I was super impressed man.

Shaun

bluch 04-14-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ ATOMIX (Post 3096793)
This was my invoice from *************;

Subtotal 429.99
Coupon discount (save10) -10.00
Subtotal 419.99
Shipping 22.29
Tax 0.00
Total 442.28

And then when UPS arrived at the door, they charged me an additional $68 to cover taxes and brokerage fees. So out of my pocket, I paid a grand total of $510.28 for the exhaust.

Installation wise I cannot give you an accurate estimate as I had the headers installed as well and DT headers are stupidly hard to install as you can only weld and they require cutting the stock pipes a bit.

Um, my grand shop total was $724 after taxes for both the exhaust and header ((install)). I had everything welded permanent so no clamps loosening or leakage. This costed more than just clamps. I bet clamps would cost like $450-500 total.

I'm guessing having just the MRT exhaust installed would cost you about $100-130 after taxes clamped or about $200-250 after taxes if you want them welded.

Um, we should pick a time one of these days and we could hook up. I think I might hitup Hughes on Monday afternoon after this craptastic weather heads west finally and give CrazyBee a nice wash.

Shaun

thanks for the info man....that is a little cheaper than I thought it was going to be. ya, maybe we can meet up after this bullsh!t snow gets outta here