Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pricing Poll - Impact on purchase? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8086)

rolnslo 10-13-2008 10:50 AM

Pricing Poll - Impact on purchase?

Given the somewhat mixed reactions over the prices, I wanted to see where everyone stands on the base (MSRP) prices for what they are/were going to purchase.

pinkcamaro10 10-13-2008 10:52 AM

I thought it was gonna be a little cheaper but 30K was my limit, and my car will be 29,775.

Jamestwilliams 10-13-2008 10:55 AM

Honestly the prices were exactly what I thought they would be. That's right in line with a challenger RT. Though in the RT the tremec six speed is a 2000 dollar (canadian) option meaning the Challenger should be $2000 more than the Camaro equally equiped.

Ps. If you price the G8 GT on pontiacs website it states that the GT is the most powerful car under $30000 (US). So if you take that into consideration GM couldn't price the Camaro under $30000, making the price they gave as cheap as possible remember the price we got for it includes a $700+ destination charge, putting MSRP just barely over $30000.

CWI 10-13-2008 10:58 AM

I'm not surprised at all. I actually had expected the SS to be a bit higher than the $33 to $34,000 loaded like most people were guessing. It has no impact on my decision to order today. Guessing at option pricing, I expect to come in around $39,000 or a tiny bit higher before I do my first burnout right there on the dealers lot.:blackvertshift::character0182:

linkwpc 10-13-2008 11:05 AM

I want the HUD, so I'm waiting on until the 2011 one.

CWI 10-13-2008 11:05 AM

37% already for SS. It's early but looks like GM could sell a few more than anticipated. I do realize i't mostly enthusiasts right now. Let's see the numbers a few pages from now. BTW WOW, 22 pages on the price release in 10 hours. That's hotter than the release info back in July:bump:

rolnslo 10-13-2008 11:08 AM

I was planning on a 1LT/RS plus the C&C option, premium audio, and Red Jewel but with TTL, it pushed the price to nearly $30k. That's a couple k's more than I was planning/hoping for. I'm still trying to figure out how adding foglights and alloy wheels to the base LS pushes the price up $1600 for the 1LT? :iono:

Heck, even the great deal base LS is pushing $25k with TTL included.

I'm actually rethinking my timeline for purchase. I had hoped to place my order in the spring but I think I'll be waiting until late 2009 and see if dealers are "dealing" on prices by then. Worst case, I'll just go in on my 35th birthday (Dec. 22nd) next year and see what kind of mid-life crisis discount I can get finangle out of a dealership that has the options and color I'm looking for.

Besides, if I wait that long, all the early people will be able to find the initial 1st model year bugs and my car will be solid. I hope. :w00t:

headpunter 10-13-2008 11:08 AM

my dealer is at invoice so im figuring 8-10% off msrp so hell ya im ordering asap

Captain Awesome 10-13-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 155439)
I want the HUD, so I'm waiting on until the 2011 one.

Well, it looks like they are willing to listen to the buyers on blue and on the polished wheels, so maybe there is hope they will listen to us about the HUD too. That would be a completely AWESOME thing for them to do and would show that GM is committed to delivering quality products with respect to their customers desires. That would really show the competition how much GM cares about their buyers!

This poll is missing a choice for "I love the pricing but am not going to buy because options and/or colors I want are not available...yet."

brantley847 10-13-2008 11:13 AM

I suppose an SS2/RS at 36 isnt bad, but the issue will be after taxes...thats still going to run us around 39. However, the SS1/RS package is not bad....not bad at all....this takes a lil bit of the sting away from having no imperial blue...

who knows..we will see how it all unfolds once the Vert hits lots, maybe the coupe will drop a tad.

CHVY4LF 10-13-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 155447)
I was planning on a 1LT/RS plus the C&C option, premium audio, and Red Jewel but with TTL, it pushed the price to nearly $30k. That's a couple k's more than I was planning/hoping for. I'm still trying to figure out how adding foglights and alloy wheels to the base LS pushes the price up $1600 for the 1LT? :iono:

Heck, even the great deal base LS is pushing $25k with TTL included.

I'm actually rethinking my timeline for purchase. I had hoped to place my order in the spring but I think I'll be waiting until late 2009 and see if dealers are "dealing" on prices by then. Worst case, I'll just go in on my 35th birthday (Dec. 22nd) next year and see what kind of mid-life crisis discount I can get finangle out of a dealership that has the options and color I'm looking for.

Besides, if I wait that long, all the early people will be able to find the initial 1st model year bugs and my car will be solid. I hope. :w00t:

The 1LT also gets a different interior,The cloth on the seats change, thats what its such a jump

rolnslo 10-13-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHVY4LF (Post 155555)
The 1LT also gets a different interior,The cloth on the seats change, thats what its such a jump

Has this been confirmed? I know there is typically a cheap and an expensive cloth interior but I thought GM had moved away from that.

ChrisB 10-13-2008 12:23 PM

I wanted 2LT RS but now with those prices i might pass on the RS, i mean 1450$ for HID and wheels 1 inch bigger i dont see the need for it anymore

GoldFire 10-13-2008 12:33 PM

I was planning on getting a 2SS/RS, but it was just too much and more than I expected so I had to settle for the 2LT/RS. I am still pumped to get the car, but also dissapointed I won't be getting the V8.