Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   JUST FOR FUN - WHO ORDERED FIRST? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12596)

RallyFever 01-30-2009 10:25 PM

JUST FOR FUN - WHO ORDERED FIRST?

Let's have a little fun here and see who the first folks were to get their orders placed in workbench.

I believe I was one of the first and possibly THE FIRST order in workbench.

My order date id actually Oct 11th! I went in on Saturday to place a "paper order" so the dealer could input mu order in workbench on Monday the 13th, however, the system took my order on that Saturday.

My order# is NDJQN2, does anyone have an earlier order date or order #?

jeffny09 01-30-2009 10:55 PM

i ordered first

no i ordered first

proove it

RallyFever 01-31-2009 12:32 AM

Let's not get dumb here....

I thought it would be cool to see how early some of us ordered; it doesn't really mean anything in the big picture.

GothamCamaro 01-31-2009 12:45 AM

I ordered last. :D

TAG UR IT 01-31-2009 02:16 AM

not me...ordered the 20th

5thGenAnyone? 01-31-2009 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyFever (Post 269780)
Let's have a little fun here and see who the first folks were to get their orders placed in workbench.

I believe I was one of the first and possibly THE FIRST order in workbench.

My order date id actually Oct 11th! I went in on Saturday to place a "paper order" so the dealer could input mu order in workbench on Monday the 13th, however, the system took my order on that Saturday.

My order# is NDJQN2, does anyone have an earlier order date or order #?

I Actually put my order in on friday the 10th. I believe it was entered in on Saturday but it may have been Friday though. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

camaro1 01-31-2009 07:55 AM

oct 13 10:30am central, watched as the sales manager entered it in the gm workbench and printed my copy

Txturbo 01-31-2009 07:59 AM

I ordered Oct 13th around 10:30am central time. It really won't matter what day you ordered if the salesman is the one who took your order. Most dealerships have a single person, usually an IT person, who actually enters the order in Work Bench and the salesmen don't have access to that. So even though the salesman took the order and ave you the window sticker print out that day, it may have been sometime later that it actually got entered into Work Bench. I ran into that at the first dealership I dealt with. Salesmen were taking oders that weekend, but the IT person only worked Mon-Fri and wouldn't actually enter the order until Monday when they came in and they only entered orders in Work Bench one day every week.

RallyFever 02-04-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txturbo (Post 270111)
I ordered Oct 13th around 10:30am central time. It really won't matter what day you ordered if the salesman is the one who took your order. Most dealerships have a single person, usually an IT person, who actually enters the order in Work Bench and the salesmen don't have access to that. So even though the salesman took the order and ave you the window sticker print out that day, it may have been sometime later that it actually got entered into Work Bench. I ran into that at the first dealership I dealt with. Salesmen were taking oders that weekend, but the IT person only worked Mon-Fri and wouldn't actually enter the order until Monday when they came in and they only entered orders in Work Bench one day every week.

In my case, the Sales Manager was there and he entered into workbench right in front of me.

The order number is an indicator of which orders came first.

RallyFever 02-04-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenAnyone? (Post 270050)
I Actually put my order in on friday the 10th. I believe it was entered in on Saturday but it may have been Friday though. I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

So, what was your order number?

5th_GEN_SS 02-04-2009 07:55 PM

all i no is i was @ the dealer @ 0900 when they opened... 1st on the list 13th? if that was the first offical day u cld order

RallyFever 02-04-2009 08:05 PM

The 13th was the first OFFICIAL day you could order, however, the workbench application was functional over the weekend, therefore, in a few cases where the dealers actually attempted to place the order, workbench accepted it.

josh1147 02-04-2009 08:07 PM

Who cares when you ordered....I'm getting mine first anyway!!! :sm0:

:bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :bellyroll: :laughabove:

Stingr69 02-05-2009 05:04 AM

I was first at my dealer. My order was probably one of the first 1400 orders placed total. Maybe 1:00 PM on 10/13. I watched it go into workbench and got the confirmation number later. :chevy:

-Mark.