Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Headrests...is it just me...??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19193)

iomamy 04-20-2009 01:07 AM

Headrests...is it just me...???

Okay - so I've ordered my 2SS RS IOM, manual, sunroof, white stripes, with the interior package, etc. - never seen one in person (never had a new car...never spent this much money, etc...) but from the pictures I can't help but think that the headrests look like people heads - okay okay - criticize at will - I'm from a GM family of engineers since 1932 so not a secret riceburner trying to make trouble - or a Ford spy, or a Chrylser fan (although I love all of our Big 3 American cars)...and so...well... the headrests - they look like people heads...so...is it just that the orange on the 'outer ring' is just too much? If just the center was orange and the outside black would it be better? Any thoughts? Does anyone else feel this way or am I nuts? I've been considering modifying Audi headrest to fit (only because they rotate almost 180 not just up and down laterally which is really comfy for long drives). Well...thought would be most appreciated!):iono:

ShnOmac 04-20-2009 01:09 AM

Im gonna go with you are nuts ......... :D

wlvrine 04-20-2009 01:10 AM

put the coocoo back in the clock.
:)

Milk 1027 04-20-2009 01:11 AM

People heads? Well they are headrest's, I would assume that they would retain the certain shape of what is being rested on them.

RS/SSnider 04-20-2009 04:03 AM

i thought the same thing, they just look a little too tall...maybe just have some modded to about half the size that they actually are

Xmicro_SS 04-20-2009 04:42 AM

I think the headrests are well designed and very integrated into the seat. I do not see the "Heads" Reference.

mike302 04-20-2009 05:17 AM

I don't think they look right either but its something I could easily deal with.

Number 3 04-20-2009 06:15 AM

IMO they look great, are comfortable and have good adjustment.

Also there are federal regs that drive height and angle of the headrest. So the only option to correct what it seems you don't like is to just make them wider which would really look bad, at least in my opinion

1GTEC 04-20-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iomamy (Post 418087)
Okay - so I've ordered my 2SS RS IOM, manual, sunroof, white stripes, with the interior package, etc. - never seen one in person (never had a new car...never spent this much money, etc...) but from the pictures I can't help but think that the headrests look like people heads - okay okay - criticize at will - I'm from a GM family of engineers since 1932 so not a secret riceburner trying to make trouble - or a Ford spy, or a Chrylser fan (although I love all of our Big 3 American cars)...and so...well... the headrests - they look like people heads...so...is it just that the orange on the 'outer ring' is just too much? If just the center was orange and the outside black would it be better? Any thoughts? Does anyone else feel this way or am I nuts? I've been considering modifying Audi headrest to fit (only because they rotate almost 180 not just up and down laterally which is really comfy for long drives). Well...thought would be most appreciated!):iono:

I agree, I think they look pretty krappy. All the supposed time and money GM spent with the car and that's the best they can come up with? Some egg-shaped ovals?

pharmd 04-20-2009 06:39 AM

They seem pretty much vertical, so you have to lean your head back for your head to make contact with the headrest. This is not ideal for when an accident occurs. Ideally, you want the headrest to tilt forward slightly, such that when sitting comfortably in the seat, your head is in contact with the headrest. This what your head is braced, or their is very little travel distance for your head, when an accident occurs, thus reducing the chance of whiplash. Now, let me say this, I have not yet had the chance to sit in a Camaro, it was roped off at the show I went to. But from pictures, I know it looks different than the headrest on my BMW, which I would consider to be nearly perfect.

bigd1276 04-20-2009 06:50 AM

I actually think they look pretty cool.

mlee 04-20-2009 07:01 AM

Takes 2 heads to drive in the Carpool or HOV lanes... Use it wisely...:D

fdjizm 04-20-2009 07:10 AM

lol i thought they looked like people too glad i'm not the only one that thinks so.

btw who adjusts their seat to actually feel the headrest on their head.. i could never do that in any car.. unless your leaning slightly forward lol...

JJ#48Racing 04-20-2009 09:53 AM

I'm glad someone finally said this, I thought I was the only one. The seats totally look like people. Even the body of the seat has bolsters that look like arms. Combine that with the head-like headrests and it looks like you're sitting on someones lap.

I'm not complaining about the seats, I like them, but it's funny to me.