Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Good Dealership - Aftermarket Part Friendly (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249224)

SSCamaroKyle 09-10-2012 09:13 AM

Good Dealership - Aftermarket Part Friendly

I'm looking for a good dealership to service my 2011 SS "UNDER WARRANTY" that will not give me any crap for some minor aftermarket parts. Such as CAI and EXHAUST. Looking in the OAKLAND COUNTY AREA

HDRDTD 09-10-2012 10:30 AM

Well worth the drive down to Rodger's Chevrolet in Woodhaven Mi.
Very mod freindly as well as being a sponser of the Detroit5thGen camaro club.
Mention my handle, they know who I am.

SSCamaroKyle 09-10-2012 11:31 AM

I will keep that in mind but a little far for me. Im in oxford and thats a 62miles on way

meissen 09-10-2012 11:56 AM

+1 for Rodgers Chevrolet. Seriously the best in town.

If you're really stuck on it being in the Oakland county area, you might be able to see if the LaFontaine group will take care of you. I have no experience with them what-so-ever but I know they own a warehouse with tons of GM performance parts so I would think they'd be a little mod friendly...

That said, though, I'd still drive to Rodgers for the warranty work. It's well worth it.

DandD 09-10-2012 07:18 PM

SSCamaroKyle, what type of service are you looking for and exactly what are your mods that you're talking about? My dealer...Jay Chevrolet has always been very good with my car. I bought the car used from them and it had the Fastlane Pipeline CAI and GMPP axle back exhaust on it when I bought it. Does your car have a tune on it I guess is my big question to you? And Jay is in Highland MI (M-59 and Hickory Ridge Rd.)

DandD 09-10-2012 07:24 PM

Hi meissen, I'm not going to say a whole lot about the LaFontaine group other than I've dealt with them, they are 1/2 mile from my dealer. Their Performance desk is a joke, a guy sitting behind a small desk that knows VERY LITTLE about the performance parts, but he does know how to use a computer.

SSCamaroKyle 09-10-2012 07:29 PM

I actually have nothing done yet I just want a good dealer incase I do get some mods.

meissen 09-11-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandD (Post 5558168)
Hi meissen, I'm not going to say a whole lot about the LaFontaine group other than I've dealt with them, they are 1/2 mile from my dealer. Their Performance desk is a joke, a guy sitting behind a small desk that knows VERY LITTLE about the performance parts, but he does know how to use a computer.

Yeah I don't know anything about LaFontaine group aside from knowing one of the managers, but honestly I don't even know what specific dealership he works at.

Gforce8 11-17-2012 11:17 AM

FYI
The dealer can't categorically deny warranty because of mods anyway. Called the Magnussen/Moss act. If you get major performance upgrades and you brake a tranny or axle they have a case.
If the radio, or a/c or abs fails they can't deny warranty!