Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Road Course/Track and Autocross (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Shophemi.Com & Pedders Suspensions Road Course Challenge - Round 2 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48482)

RobAGD 10-21-2009 08:55 PM

Shophemi.Com & Pedders Suspensions Road Course Challenge - Round 2

Hey guys,

While I m new here, I wanted to let you all know about an event that I am helping to put together in the Mid Atlantic area for car geeks.

This is geared a bit towards the LX ( 300, Charger and Magnum ) and the LC ( Challys ) but we are inviting people from several different forums to take part.

Last year we had M3's M5's GT3's, 911's, 911 Turbos, 944 w/ LS1, G8's GTO's R32's S2000's Nissan GT-R, Mustangs and of course Magnums, Chargers and 300's oh my !

Well kiddies as Dan and I have posted in a few different areas we have started work on the 2nd event at New Jersey Motorsprts Park on Thunderbolt.

Pedder USA and Shophemi.com/Arrington Engines have once again stepped up to the plate to support this event.

We had a great time last year, had a great group of people on track and everything I have heard back about the instructors has been outstanding.

So what are we going to change from last year ? Not a whole lot :mrgreen:

We will be running a Meet & Greet AT NJMP on Sunday March 28th 2010 there maybe a AutoX set up, we are still working on all the details on this. This will most likely be held over at the Lighting Course parking lot where Pedder USA did the skid pad testing.

This will allow people who can't make the race to see this awesome facility, M&G and maybe play a little with their cars on the AutoX. Also we are hoping the the supporting vendors will set up booths, have product to show off and let you all fondle and maybe some ride along's in preped cars.

After this we will wander over to the lodge for some general BS'ing and bench racing.

On Monday March 29th 2010 we will be out on the Tunderbolt Course !

http://njmp.com/images/thunder.png

http://njmp.com/images/NJMP-Aerial-T...ck-9-28-08.jpg

Thunderbolt Raceway featuring over 2.25 miles of asphalt, 14 challenging turns, a one half mile straightway and approximately 40 acres of full service paddock space.

We will also be contracting Hook on Driving for instructors again this year. The Goal is to have close to 20 instructors, a class room segment and the Track Marshal.

We will be limiting it to about 60 cars again, 3 run groups about 5 session per group.

We will again be looking to supply a hot lunch and some breakfast goodies.

Door prized etc to be determined.

Group Buys are being working on already and I am chasing down leads on tires, wheels, brakes, and other assorted goodies.

I have this post across several different car forums again, so expect to see GTO's G8's New Camaros and a slew of the Japanese & Euro cars we had last time ( M3's, M5's 911 Turbos, GT3's , S2000, GR-R, Subies etc).

Cost : It always comes down to this :) Everything we get from sponsors goes to making this event less costly for YOU, Our Goal is to keep it UNDER $275, this event's cost is a bit higher than last years ( more track workers, more instructors & Class room segments ). So the more help we get the lower the price will be across the board. It also falls to how many people we get signed up, If we fill out the 60 cars we will be golden, if we only have 45 cars well.... there will be lots of space to work on your lines and not get run over LOL

We treat our sponsors good they treat us good !

Now for the Email list stuff :

If you want to be kept up to date on what is going on with this track day PLEASE PM me the following

Full Name :
Contact Phone Number :
Email Address :
Car you will be tracking :

This does not commit you to anything other than emails from ME and only ME, We do not sell or give this info to anyone else. If asked I may pass along an email from our sponsors but it will be sent by ME.

For those that want to help support us please LINK this image, Please DO NOT save it and link it from your file storage or photo bucket. If this image is not forum friendly PM or EMAIL me the required size and Ill get you a link. We are tracking the numbers on this so we need to use the provided links.

http://lelandwest.com/auto-tech/ul/l...ay-2010_lg.jpg

Pass the word to people that maybe interested in this event, invite them to the Sunday M&G if they can't manage the Monday event. Spectators are welcome.

Robert & Dan
aka
RobAGD & FlyByU

PS -as a note this is done by car geeks for car geeks, we make no money on this, everything we get from vendor support goes into making the event cost less.

JDP Motorsports 10-22-2009 07:02 PM

I wish I was closer!!! This sounds like a great event and if you've never been on a road course it is a must!! The only problem is once you've done it you're hooked!! :headbang:

RobAGD 10-22-2009 10:15 PM

Well we are working on a hauler for some of our West coast buddies :)

Thanks for the kind words, I was wired up pretty good making sure the event was rolling along smoothly, I missed out on a ride along in my car with one of the Pro Drivers we had there.

I do plan on rectifying that this go around :D

-R

RobAGD 10-25-2009 02:41 PM

info in post #1 updated

-R

Rob@WretchedMS 10-26-2009 05:40 PM

Rob thanks for posting here,

Guys, this was a great time last year, get in now, because this will fill up fast.

JusticePete 10-26-2009 05:55 PM

Do you have room for me?

brandotron 10-26-2009 05:55 PM

That looks like a lot of fun.

RobAGD 10-26-2009 06:06 PM

We might just MIGHT have room for you Pete....

-R

JusticePete 10-26-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobAGD (Post 1092303)
We might just MIGHT have room for you Pete....

-R

There are days I feel like no one loves me. :iono: I have to sponsor an event just so they let me in. ;)

The people that came last year had a fantastic time. This will will be better, because we have all been to the track and know a bit more of what to expect. The facilities are second to none. The track is exceptionally well maintained. The instructors were excellent.

That is all good. The best part was the little pizza dinner we had at the end of the event. Rob and a handle of others joined us at a local pizza joint. It was a wonderful evening and I found some one that likes me. They bought my dinner!

The track and driving will be great, but it is the people that make the event. I really look forward to working with these guys again. They did a great job and will again.

RobAGD 10-26-2009 07:21 PM

Yea it was an outstanding group of people there that is for sure.

The Dinner was awesome, never been some place you can bring you own beer in order food and drink :D

Well strip clubs don't count :thumbup:

-R

Blitz63 10-30-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobAGD (Post 1092599)
Yea it was an outstanding group of people there that is for sure.

The Dinner was awesome, never been some place you can bring you own beer in order food and drink :D

Well strip clubs don't count :thumbup:

-R

Hey PM me if you need any help. I live about 30 to 40 mins from the track!!

RobAGD 10-30-2009 08:11 PM

Blitz - Thanks for the offer. Got you on the list, You are the 2nd 5th Gen to sign up. Need some more !

lol

-R

RobAGD 11-09-2009 08:48 PM

OK heads up guys and gals, emails will be heading out in the next day or so about deposits.

These lock in your spots. Non refundable.

Got the contract from the track today working out the last of the details.

-Robert

JusticePete 11-10-2009 11:28 PM

A track day like this is is an aweome way to start the season in the North East. I'll be there with at least one car and maybe two.