Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   First speeding ticket in camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214934)

45thAnniversary2SS 04-07-2012 09:25 PM

First speeding ticket in camaro

Well had it 2 months and just got my first ticket. Thought I was in 70 mph zone but turns out it was 65. Had cruise control set to 73 just cruising and came up on someone slow in right lane. Was talking to my dad who was with me and just gave it a little nudge to go around. Wasnt thinking about the hill I was cresting and there he was.

Officer was cool about it and said he could tell I was just passing but 80 was too much. He chuckled and said I'm sure thats nothing in this car though. Gave me all sorts of compliments and the ticket of course.

Have been shopping for a radar detector and almost ordered one last week. definitely ordering the redline tomorrow. Would have easily avoided that and nearly pay for itself. First offense so Prayer for judgement but there goes my get out of jail free card :D

oldfriend 04-07-2012 09:28 PM

After the house was broken in , get the stronger locks .

ss_camaro_10 04-07-2012 09:35 PM

dang it only took me 1 week to get my first ticket but i deserved it, i was doing 68 in a 45 and i was out of town but in town we have a cop that has a under cover cop car that looks JUST like mine so all of the cops just wave as i go by thinking im him. pretty good though.

45thAnniversary2SS 04-07-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 4772299)
After the house was broken in , get the stronger locks .

Yea I hear ya. Lesson learned. By it the day you get car.

45thAnniversary2SS 04-07-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss_camaro_10 (Post 4772331)
dang it only took me 1 week to get my first ticket. i was out of town but in town we have a cop that has a under cover cop car that looks JUST like mine so all of the cops just wave as i go by thinking im him. pretty good though.

Makes me feel a little better. He was driving a charger too which really burned me. Another one had to come and "help" of course. He was pulled up in grass beside him both right behind me just chatting while I waited. The other pulled around me and left after a minute and chirped the tires a bit when he left. :paddle: Was thinking bring it lol.

ss409cid 04-07-2012 09:41 PM

I sweat every time I get in the SS. I cant drive 55...:D

upflying 04-07-2012 09:43 PM

With instant-on radar or LIDAR a detector will just alert you to pull over.
Speed of light is faster than a brake application.

ss_camaro_10 04-07-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS (Post 4772351)
Makes me feel a little better. He was driving a charger too which really burned me. Another one had to come and "help" of course. He was pulled up in grass beside him both right behind me just chatting while I waited. The other pulled around me and left after a minute and chirped the tires a bit when he left. :paddle: Was thinking bring it lol.

i just saw that you are from charlotte, north carolina. i got pulled in monroe, north carolina and i dont plan on going back there. both me and my friend have gotten tickets there.

ss_camaro_10 04-07-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 4772370)

not all places us the instant on radar.

45thAnniversary2SS 04-07-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss409cid (Post 4772365)
I sweat every time I get in the SS. I cant drive 55...:D

Amen

mlee 04-07-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 4772370)

LMAO... I love it when these posts surface in every radar detector/ticket thread..:rolleyes:.

Fact is radar detector is not full proof but will greatly reduce your exposure and also help keep your attention on proper speed when they do go off.

45thAnniversary2SS 04-07-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss_camaro_10 (Post 4772392)
i just saw that you are from charlotte, north carolina. i got pulled in monroe, north carolina and i dont plan on going back there. both me and my friend have gotten tickets there.

Yup it was on 321 just south of 40. Notorious speed trap and I knew it. 6th gear for now on through there lol.

upflying 04-07-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 4772461)
LMAO... I love it when these posts surface in every radar detector/ticket thread..:rolleyes:.

Fact is radar detector is not full proof but will greatly reduce your exposure and also help keep your attention on proper speed when they do go off.

Ok, a detector might help in some situations. But you are guaranteed a ticket if you are stopped for speeding and the LEO notices you have a detector.

11_Camaro 04-07-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS (Post 4772471)
Yup it was on 321 just south of 40. Notorious speed trap and I knew it. 6th gear for now on through there lol.

I was wondering where you were, when you thoght it was a 70 zone, but I can understand why you thought so. It does suck that he got you, but at least you got Prayer for Judgement.