Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   DIY - AeroForce Interceptor Gauge Install (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47343)

tjd24 10-14-2009 10:27 AM

DIY - AeroForce Interceptor Gauge Install

2 Attachment(s)
Installation of an AeroForce Interceptor gauge

Attachment 724866

Attachment 724867

brandotron 10-14-2009 10:57 AM

The interceptor is a rad little gauge. I've thought about it for my LS1. It would be nice to know my trans temp.

HeavyD 11-22-2009 07:16 AM

I am getting the duals later on. I still have no idea on where to mount them. The pillar pods aren't ready yet, and haven't heard much about them lately.

mlee 12-06-2013 05:34 PM

11 Attachment(s)
I'll post up a few pics of my install.

Pull the rubber back and pop the top of the A-pillar out.

Attachment 580844

You can see the safety clip here that you will need to pop off and re-install on the new Pod Pillar

Attachment 580845

I just pulled the bottom of the A-pillar out and twisted it around to get a hold of the clip to easily slide it forward and off

Attachment 580846

Notice the tab that releases the clip.

Attachment 580847

Pic of the stock A-pillar removed
Attachment 580848

Pic of the Autometer Gauge pillar and the silver mount where the clip will slide back on

Attachment 580849

Pics of where I tucked the extra wire. Note: I have radar detector and footwell wires in here as well so it's a bit messy.

Attachment 580850

Pic of the OBDII plug. Save this til last and just plug and go.

Attachment 580851

Just showing the back of the gauges after installed and the small plug attached. This plug only goes one way (slots on the side and ribs on the front) Make sure it is pushed in all the way or it will easily unplug itself.

Attachment 580852

Once gauges are plugged up and the clip is installed on the new pillar. Stab the end of the Pod Pillar into the slot and push until everything lines up. Peek in the top (Pic #1) to ensure the pin on the clip is lined up to snap the top side back in and you're done.

Attachment 580853

Before you plug everything up do a test fit to make sure the gauges turned so they are level when installed. I guessed at it the first time and was way off.

Attachment 580854

nitto85 12-06-2013 05:51 PM

Any videos of the install? I called a shop local to me about doing the install, and just to install the gauges was $300 ($150 per gauge). I have been sitting on these gauges for probably a year or so lol.

mlee 12-06-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mst504 (Post 7242377)
Any videos of the install? I called a shop local to me about doing the install, and just to install the gauges was $300 ($150 per gauge). I have been sitting on these gauges for probably a year or so lol.

These are virtually plug and play. Can't see anyone charging over 30 bucks to install.

The A-pillar pops right off and I provided a good pic of how the clip comes off of the stock one.

Pop off the side fuse panel as well and just tuck the extra wires in where I circled. I think the hardest part was plugging the small plug up to the back of the gauge. Before I snapped the new A-pillar into place I turned the key on and made sure they came on.

Really not much to it.

nitto85 12-06-2013 07:08 PM

Thank you for adding the text for each step, definitely helps out.

I can't wait to install mine, had no idea it was so easy. Hopefully the weather is nice enough tomorrow for me to do it.

I don't think I'll be able to read boost pressure until I have a shop install the new ZR1 map sensor though. The shop I mentioned above, wanted to do a complete retune to install the sensor, another $300 - $400 I think. So the gauge install would have ran me $600+ if I had went with them.:crazy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7242397)
These are virtually plug and play. Can't see anyone charging over 30 bucks to install.

The A-pillar pops right off and I provided a good pic of how the clip comes off of the stock one.

Pop off the side fuse panel as well and just tuck the extra wires in where I circled. I think the hardest part was plugging the small plug up to the back of the gauge. Before I snapped the new A-pillar into place I turned the key on and made sure they came on.

Really not much to it.

blake-b 12-06-2013 07:15 PM

In order to read boost correctly with zr1 sensor, you will need a tuner to input the necessary adjustments. Im on a phone or I would link threads but a search will turn them up.

Installing the sensor is as easy as unplugging the wiring and removing a screw. Pulling stock sensor out and putting zr1 sensor in, replacing screw and plugging connector back in. 5 minutes at the most

nitto85 12-06-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake-b (Post 7242592)
In order to read boost correctly with zr1 sensor, you will need a tuner to input the necessary adjustments. Im on a phone or I would link threads but a search will turn them up.

Installing the sensor is as easy as unplugging the wiring and removing a screw. Pulling stock sensor out and putting zr1 sensor in, replacing screw and plugging connector back in. 5 minutes at the most

Yeah I know, but this shop was telling me that they had to do a complete retune, because they used different software than my previous tuner (ATLPF.com).

I don't know if that is true or not, but I know the MAP sensor install is easy, the tune adjustments is what is holding me up. I'd rather not get a complete retune if I'm not upgrading any parts.

mlee 12-07-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mst504 (Post 7242668)
Yeah I know, but this shop was telling me that they had to do a complete retune, because they used different software than my previous tuner (ATLPF.com).

I don't know if that is true or not, but I know the MAP sensor install is easy, the tune adjustments is what is holding me up. I'd rather not get a complete retune if I'm not upgrading any parts.

I'd stay clear of that shop. If you have further questions on something tune specific post up a new thread or ask the guys in this thread. That's what the forum is for.

Glad the text helped.

BattleScarredSoldier 04-01-2015 09:47 AM

CEL and other issues with install

I installed mkne relatively easy, setup the gauges no problem. Turned the key to start my car and it wouldnt start until i unplugged them! When it did start the CEL was on. Plugged up the gauges while the engine was running and my dash started displaying a few different service codes to include power steering and traction control. Also the analog tach was all over the place! Im calling aeroforce today but has anyone else experienced this?

mlee 04-01-2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleScarredSoldier (Post 8332677)
I installed mkne relatively easy, setup the gauges no problem. Turned the key to start my car and it wouldnt start until i unplugged them! When it did start the CEL was on. Plugged up the gauges while the engine was running and my dash started displaying a few different service codes to include power steering and traction control. Also the analog tach was all over the place! Im calling aeroforce today but has anyone else experienced this?

WoW... that's crazy. I have not heard anything like this happening.

BattleScarredSoldier 06-19-2015 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 8332708)
WoW... that's crazy. I have not heard anything like this happening.

Yeah unfortunately i got called up to come back to the middle east shortly after that so i never got a chance to get it sorted out. My poor car is just sitting in the garage with some really nice but inoperable gauges lol.

mlee 06-19-2015 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleScarredSoldier (Post 8490156)
Yeah unfortunately i got called up to come back to the middle east shortly after that so i never got a chance to get it sorted out. My poor car is just sitting in the garage with some really nice but inoperable gauges lol.

Oh WoW... Maybe we can try them on a different car and see what happens. Hope you're back in the states now. Deployments suck and I'm sure you're tired of it by now, especially with a sweet ride in the garage.