Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank you Camaro Comrades! Camaro & Corvette made up 1/3 of 2011 Sports Cars Sales (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205852)

90503 02-27-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atma (Post 4553757)
wow... got a li'l emotional there.

as a kid, my older brother (who I thought was just the coolest ever) was such a huge Chevelle fan, he opened my eyes to the Chevy muscle car. Growing up, my favorites were the '59 Impala & the '69 Camaro & always silently vowed that one day I'd own a Chevy with an SS badge or Rally Stripes (both, if I was lucky). while every car I've ever owned has had a bowtie on it, it wasn't 'til I saw the Camaro concept drawing that owning a brand new Chevy SS with Rally Stripes became an actual goal. After moving to another state, taking a new job, paying off all my old debt and fixing my credit up like new, my five year plan was completed, my dream realized and I now not only own my dream car, but along with that have become a member of a massive community of enthusiasts as well as becoming part of an absolutely fantastic local group of Camaro owners. Thanks for the post, Scott. made my night!

Cool story...I never thought I'd own a muscle car, even though I practically lived at Lion's drag strip in the 60's...but thanks to the new Camaro, I redesigned and rebuilt my whole drive-way, got rid of some junk cars and cleaned out the garage, just to prep for getting this car!

Rangore 02-27-2012 08:03 PM

Very cool statistics! I'm very glad the Camaro is being produced. This latest generation is a great representation of Camaro.

Infinite-T 02-27-2012 08:13 PM

Thank you Scott, and all the other folks at GM/Chevy who had a hand in bringing back the legend! I am happy to be a part of that legend now. I have had a handful of cars in the past, and memories in them. But I must say, in the 6 short months I have never felt more "connected" with a car, maybe just because this is my first Camaro :-)

But thanks again to the Camaro team for such a great piece of auto history. Thanks to the folks at C5 for providing a place for enthusiasts to go and discuss our stuff. Thanks to all the members here for the all the fun, and sharing ideas and opinions and the common enjoyment of our cars.

jshaf 02-27-2012 08:32 PM

I don't know if I personally kept the faith because I never owned a camaro til the 5th gen, but I and my family have always been loyal GM buyers, the thought of buying a Ford was sacrilegious to us! I always knew I wanted to own a Camaro but the circumstances always kept me from buying one. Lets just say the stars aligned for me with the 5th generation. I am looking forward to carrying the torch for the Camaro into the future. Thanks Fbody, your work is greatly appreciated!

grocerygetter 02-27-2012 08:59 PM

Thank you sir...I look forward to meeting you hopefully at camaro fest. This car is a blast.

snizzle 02-27-2012 09:08 PM

Was beyond thrilled when the Camaro came back, and now Im driving a 2012. Thank you and the entire Camaro team!

menendez1293 02-27-2012 09:36 PM

Thank you all for brining back this amazing car. I was young when the 4th gen camaros were discontinued But I was still sad in the future to see the name die when I became a camaro fan. When I knew it was coming back I was very happy. Thanks to the transformers movies I couldn't stop looking at pictures of the prototype

Charlie920212 02-27-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super60 (Post 4550931)
Thank You to our Customers for supporting GM and Team Camaro :thumbup:

Proud to be a part of your Build Team .

Mike Judge
Super60:thumbsup:

:bow::bow:

Thanks Mike and Fbod for such a wonderful car:chevy:

vroomapunk 02-27-2012 10:05 PM

awesome!

TAG UR IT 02-27-2012 11:39 PM

:clap:

Buffnshine 02-27-2012 11:43 PM

Thank you for the most amazing car ever. And the friendships I have made..Priceless

"prima"Donna 02-28-2012 01:32 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Scott, aka :bow: Fbodfather :bow: and Mike, aka :chevy: super60 :chevy:, I think you both know by now how much I :wub: LOVE LOVE LOVE :wub: my HWAY STR!!!

Almost 3 blissfully happy, ecstatic, elated, overjoyed, :D permagrining :D years later, and I'm still as giddy as a teenager every time I get behind the wheel and drive the happiest car I have ever owned IN MY LIFE!!! :thumbsup: :thumbup: :w00t:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim:

the first photo is me and Scott at the Camaro/GM Nationals in Carlisle PA in 2010 ;)

the second photo is me and Mike Judge, and one of my NY5thgen buddies at the Oshawa Homecoming Camaro Plant Tour last June 2011

the last photo is that nice a$$ on my HWAY STR

TJ91 02-28-2012 01:44 AM

Scott, if you write a book, I'll be the first to buy it. Always soo captivating! Thank you for all your help and work you've done with bringing us back the Camaro. It's been 6 years that I've seen the design of the Camaro and it still takes my breath away. That's something to brag about

2SSJIM 02-28-2012 02:45 AM

No words could express the desire when I was 9 years old and saw the 69 Camaro and I knew I wanted one but never could get my hands on it years later. When I saw the Concept at the SEMA show in 2006, I knew what the first brand new car I ever bought for myself was going to be. Team Camaro did it right and I know I own my dream that 9 year old had in 1969. That dream will continue with the ZL1............ Thank you all for bringing it back.