Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   2014 SS a/c issues (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344113)

Sinderella2168 02-24-2014 06:02 PM

2014 SS a/c issues

I am at a total loss. I have had my brand new camaro about 2 weeks and have had this problem since day 1. When I have my a/c on (snowflake lit) but have the temp set on anything other than max a/c, instead of blowing consistant cool air, it blows freezing air and then will transition to warm air and then back to freezing and it continues like this constantly. This is the first car that i have ever had this issue with. most cars blend the warm with the cold prior to it coming in through the vents. My car only knows hot or cold air. I have taken it to the dealership twice at this point and they are telling me that this is how it works and the a/c is "blending" the air and that the compressor isn't always on but there is nothing wrong with the a/c. I haven't the first ideas about cars but I need help.

klaatu barada nikto 02-24-2014 07:08 PM

We have had our new SS for 3 weeks. I had not tried the a/c since we bought it and after reading your post i went downstairs and started her up. I didn't experience what you describe.
We are having a different issue with our car and a guy at the dealership told me "they all do it". Try what i did. Start a new SS and compare it to your car.

Good luck
Bob

Sinderella2168 02-24-2014 09:46 PM

Thanks. The saleswoman who assisted us in getting our car went and visited my car in the service dept today and felt first hand the problem. She thinks she has the problem resolved but we will see tomorrow when i pick it up hopefully.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 02-25-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinderella2168 (Post 7447733)
I am at a total loss. I have had my brand new camaro about 2 weeks and have had this problem since day 1. When I have my a/c on (snowflake lit) but have the temp set on anything other than max a/c, instead of blowing consistant cool air, it blows freezing air and then will transition to warm air and then back to freezing and it continues like this constantly. This is the first car that i have ever had this issue with. most cars blend the warm with the cold prior to it coming in through the vents. My car only knows hot or cold air. I have taken it to the dealership twice at this point and they are telling me that this is how it works and the a/c is "blending" the air and that the compressor isn't always on but there is nothing wrong with the a/c. I haven't the first ideas about cars but I need help.

I'm sorry to read about your vehicle concerns. I understand your displeasure but it's good that the vehicle is at the dealer for an official diagnosis. Please keep us posted on what you find out. Feel free to contact me privately with additional questions, if necessary.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care