Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introducing "Klaus"....... European Market Camaro CTF unit (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153579)

fbodfather 06-18-2011 03:17 PM

Introducing "Klaus"....... European Market Camaro CTF unit

4 Attachment(s)
Nothing will ever take the place of my beloved "Thor" - (....and I'm not sure I can say why other than "Thor" 'spoke' to me, so to speak -- he had a completely different 'feeling' than "Helios" - "Apollo" -- "Thor V 2.0 -- etc)

-- I dunno - mebbe he was the symbol of rebirth......whatever, his new Owner who lives in Pennsylvania has a real treasure....)

Anywhoo........

"Klaus" is a CTF unit owned by the Performance Car Team - he's "European" meaning that he was built for markets within the European Union. There are many under-the-skin differences as well as some that aren't under the skin.....

From the outside, headlamp washers, specific side mirrors (really big!) with integral turn signals and running lights -- tow hook cutouts, and of course, a very different taillamp appearance. I know some were horrified when the pics of a yellow one appeared on the internet - but let me say that the appearance in person is much better (...isn't it always??) and I like it! (I came up behind him a week ago on an interstate - another member was driving him - and I was captivated by the difference that the taillamps and spoiler make......)

No OnStar.....:eek:

Radio is in different Hz -- and of course the Speedometer is in Kilometers --

He's an LS3 tuned for the european market (fuel) -- and of course, he's ALL CAMARO!!!

I'll only have him for a short period of time - but I'm very much looking forward to every mile!

Attachment 254678

Attachment 254679

Attachment 254680

and at night........

Attachment 254681

Splitter 06-18-2011 03:29 PM

Nice!! Those LEDs look a LOT better in person.. trust me!

You wouldn't mind taking a road trip to the Cape for some close up action would ya??

:D

2SSRS@Gen5diy 06-18-2011 03:30 PM

Still don't like the tail lights, but the rest of the car is nice, congrats on the new car, Have fun with Klaus.

MillerTime 06-18-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS (Post 3355810)
Still don't like the tail lights, but the rest of the car is nice, congrats on the new car, Have fun with Klaus.

I'm with you on the tail lights.. too euro... not a fan of that spoiler either :yikes: Or the reflectors/lights or whatever that is above the exhaust.... still part of the camaro family so I will welcome him into the fold flaws and all :thumbsup:

Devon 06-18-2011 03:37 PM

I love those tail lights! Not much of a fan of the bigger mirrors though.

Lucky you for getting to drive that sexy beast.

R6P 06-18-2011 04:04 PM

While in Oshawa, I caught a glimpse of a door with euro mirrors being fitted to a Camaro on the assembly line, but sadly I missed seeing the taillamps in person. :(

Enjoy your temporary ride, and once again THANK YOU! for your part in opening the plant to the Camaro (and Firebird) community.

REDXIIIDave 06-18-2011 04:13 PM

I think I'd like those tail lights a lot better if they didn't have the white part. Otherwise, they look kind of cool.

Blue Menace 06-18-2011 04:29 PM

I dig the spoiler...and the lights are really cool.

Ladybugsmom 06-18-2011 04:31 PM

The tail lights look like sunglasses....

builder11150 06-18-2011 04:35 PM

:barf:The mirrors belong on a Silverado.

IBM 06-18-2011 04:44 PM

The spoiler :barf:
The mirrors :barf:
The taillights :drool:

infam0uz 06-18-2011 04:49 PM

Any pictures or video clip of the tailight in action (video clip) of the turn signal n brakes..

otherwise, have fun with klaus!

stray bullitt 06-18-2011 04:52 PM

Bloody hell!! I'm pleased I went with a US spec car, and had minimal subtle changes done to make it legal here. Those mirrors look so out of character with rest of the car, and the rear lights at night look like a sign in an opticians window.